• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

naughtynun

I hate Pikachu's haters and I think that if you hate Pikachu and you think that Pikachu is terrible you should leave the forums.

Remember, to anyone but specially to you, Pikachu is a special case. Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, expected to continue until the end, ...

The reason why piakchu and the staryters hog screentime and sometimes doin't evolve is because 1) bad writing (BW has many, I agree) and mainly, 2) merchandise. Remember that the writers have to milk the 120% of merch now until XY with merchandise that, for example, Oshawott can do but not Palpitoad or Leavanny.

BW is a bad written series and this is noted on the ratings on Japan (Last weeks: 5.1, 4.6, 3.9, 4.9, 3.2, 3.9, <=4.1) getting too many times outside of the Top 10 (or better said, Top 12 ratings w/o two of the members of the Top 10) and with the 10th getting 4s or sometimes, 3s.

Excuse me!? You're telling me to leave the forums because I don't agree with Pikachu winning so often that the reserves get shafted!? That's a bit extreme, don't you think!? I don't hate Pikachu, I just don't approve of its constant STEALING wins from Pokemon we'll never see after BW ends. It is bad writing and being obsessed with merchandise. However, why does Pikachu have to win so often in all the gyms? It can appear every episode to promote itself anyway, and its not like little kids by more Pikachu toys because Pikachu wins more in gyms, is it? If a child likes Pikachu and sees it a lot on television, they will buy toys, regardless of how many wins it gets (so long as it doesn't get bashed around all the time).

And I object to being quoted (not by fer92) as saying evolution is the only way a Pokemon can be developed. Read my posts and you'll see I did not say that, quite explicitly.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
@Fer42, show me real proof Best Wishes has bad rating. Bad Writng is subjective, but show me reall proof from reliable sources.

The receipts. BW's ratings have been free falling for a while now and I doubt that DA! will make a difference. I mean even with all the fan service, there's still no guarantee that this arc will be all-that great imo.

The receipts. BW's ratings have been free falling for a while now and I doubt that DA! will make a difference. I mean even with all the fan service, there's still no guarantee that this arc will be all-that great imo.

That's a receipt, a wiki that enyone can change? You are not even trying with this?. I said reliable proof.

@nun, Seriously, get over yourself with this too. Pikachu is one of the main characters of the series, how is he a cmain character of the series along with Ash, stealing from anyone? And who cares about toys and all that that is sold, the series promotes, always has, always will. Deal with it becuase we all will be in trouble for causing a agruement.

Last edited:

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hate Pikachu's haters and I think that if you hate Pikachu and you think that Pikachu is terrible you should leave the forums.

And if you don't like MY favorite Pokemon ;101; ;162; then GTFO.

In fact, anyone who dislikes just ONE Pokemon should not be here, even if they like all the rest of them.

Seriously, just because someone doesn't like Pikachu doesn't make them not a fan.

naughtynun

Just reposting this as I edited my post to put it back in but had trouble and it took over 10 minutes, so my point was missed!

ATTACH]

My ever-so-scientific conclusion is that a Pokemon is 1.8x more likely to be well developed than poorly developed if it has evolved under Ash’s care. If a Pokemon hasn’t evolved under Ash, then it seems to be 2.1x more likely that it will be poorly developed than well developed
This isn't to say that unevolved Pokemon cannot be developed, but that lack of evolution and lack of development often come hand-in-hand. Please, do challenge me if you disagree with my verdict on who is and isn’t well-developed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's a receipt, a wiki that enyone can change? You are not even trying with that crap. I said reliable proof.

...That site is practically the Japanese version of Bulbapedia. That's as "official" as it gets. If you don't trust it, why don't you Google it and research it yourself instead of making others search for you just to prove your case?

Anyway, do we know anything more about the new Opening/Ending?

Lmao why does every one suddenly hate Pikachu when we've all known that he's a mascot and will always get special attention? I just tolerate Pikachu because I know this and I thought every one else kind of followed the same pattern but I guess not huh?

That's a receipt, a wiki that enyone can change? You are not even trying with that crap. I said reliable proof.

@nun, Seriously, get over yourself with this too. Pikachu is one of the main characters of the series, how is he a cmain character of the series along with Ash, stealing from anyone? And who cares about toys and all that that is sold, the series promotes, always has, always will. Deal with it becuase we all will be in trouble for causing a agruement.

Some one does you a favor and looks some thing up for you and youre reaction is to be obnoxious about it? Way to go man.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

Johto's ratings are lower than Kanto's, Hoenn's ratings are lower than Johto's, Sinnoh's ratings are lower than Hoenn. See how this work? The ratings of, not just Pokemon Anime, but almost every anime in Japan have been on a decrease since they began. Less people are watching TV or have cable these days, people in Japan are also having less children. Even then ratings don't reflect the content of a show like Pokemon, kids are the target audience and watch regardless. I've been keeping up with Japanese ratings since DP.

jh941

I was talking about Johto! Well, put it this way: Pikachu had gym wins in Kanto, the Orange Islands, Hoenn and Sinnoh before Unova began. It is very unusual that a Pokemon caught in a previous region will feature in a gym battles, with a few notable exceptions, and so the Unova gyms were pretty much the only chance the Unova Pokemon had to get gym wins. Pikachu got 5 wins in Unova, it sickens me that that is the same as the wins of Palpitoad, Snivy, Boldore, Krokorok and Scraggy ADDED TOGETHER! There were a total of 22 wins up for grabs (23 if Ash had won all three round in the first gym), that could have equated to 2 wins each with an extra 2 for the writers to give to the starters of their choice, but instead gave 5 wins to Pikachu, 4 wins to Pignite and 3 to Oshawott and Levanny (who we'll let off since that was all it did). How is that not too much!? Granted it was as bad a Johto in that respect.

I just re read your post and yes you were so sorry I was wrong.

But back to Pikachu, yes it got more wins than the rest of the team but I'm sorry you have to expect that, its themascot of the series and Ash will use it more than the rest.

But that's where I feel the 2 Don tournaments and JWC came into it. If you keep your stats about the team wins,and then add the ttournaments, Palpitoad gets 2 more wins, Snivy 1 more, Scraggy 2 more, and then a further win for Boldore, Leavanny and Krookodile. You should also add the league, which gives Pikachu 3 more, Scraggy one, and 2 for Pignite and Krookodile, as well as a tie for Palpitoad. That only leaves Oshawatt, who makes up for it with screentime; and Unfezant who was used in a tag battle and other non battle purposes. So that means looking at major wins:

Pikachu: 8 wins
Unfezant: 2 wins + extras
Oshawatt: 3 wins + extras
Pignite: 6 wins
Snivy: 2 wins
Scraggy: 4 wins
Leavanny: 4 wins
Palpitoad: 4 wins
Boldore: 2 wins
Krookodile: 4 wins

Looking at that is say the wins are fairly evenly spread, so Pikachu didnt really steal many potential wins, its always going to get more, so there isn't that big a problem, all though I see where your coming from.

Hikatoshi26

Lmao why does every one suddenly hate Pikachu when we've all known that he's a mascot and will always get special attention? I just tolerate Pikachu because I know this and I thought every one else kind of followed the same pattern but I guess not huh?

Some one does you a favor and looks some thing up for you and youre reaction is to be obnoxious about it? Way to go man.

I don't think people hate Pikachu per se. We all know he is the mascot of the franchise but Pikachu always gets the good battles. In Unova Pikachu gets nerfed loses to a noob snivy then has an epic battle vs. Lucario in the league. i would love to have the final battle in a series be someone other than Pikachu or Charizard.

Kanto league last pkmn used; Charizard
Orange Island" Pikachu
Johto:Charizard
Hoenn"Pikachu
Sinnoh:pikachu
Unova:pikachu

Him and Charizard hog the awesome battles they only awesome battle i constantly rewatch that doesnt have Pikachu in it in Unova is the Junior Cup where Krookidile evolves be beats a rampaging Dragonite. So when you notice this and with people who may actually have pokemon more well liked or powerful on Ash's team but they are just league fodder for Pikachu to go out in a blaze of glory and spunk and Ash's number 1. (which leads me to a point how is Pikachu the Ace in the hole where he loses more than he wins in that position.)

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Johto's ratings are lower than Kanto's, Hoenn's ratings are lower than Johto's, Sinnoh's ratings are lower than Hoenn. See how this work? The ratings of, not just Pokemon Anime, but almost every anime in Japan have been on a decrease since they began. Less people are watching TV or have cable these days, people in Japan are also having less children. Even then ratings don't reflect the content of a show like Pokemon, kids are the target audience and watch regardless. I've been keeping up with Japanese ratings since DP.

The last episodes has a particularly low ratings for this, to the point that to know them we have to wait because Pokemon is outside of the Top 10 that you claim for Pokemon.

During Season 2 and until March, the ratings, although they are clearly lower than past sagas, they are around 5% getting Top 10 every week with exceptions. For Pokemon, this ratings are considered "average" and "acceptable".

However, during last weeks the ratings are of 3.9 (Goddesses), 4.9 (Genesect and TR vs TP, a exception), 3.2 (Climax Part I), 3.9 (Climax Part II), and although they are unknown less than 4.2 (Climax Part III). This ratings are bad for a show like Pokemon, specially when it's outside of the Top 10.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
The last episodes has a particularly low ratings for this, to the point that to know them we have to wait because Pokemon is outside of the Top 10 that you claim for Pokemon.

During Season 2 and until March, the ratings, although they are clearly lower than past sagas, they are around 5% getting Top 10 every week with exceptions. For Pokemon, this ratings are considered "average" and "acceptable".

However, during last weeks the ratings are of 3.9 (Goddesses), 4.9 (Genesect and TR vs TP, a exception), 3.2 (Climax Part I), 3.9 (Climax Part II), and although they are unknown less than 4.2 (Climax Part III). This ratings are bad for a show like Pokemon, specially when it's outside of the Top 10.
How many times must I tell you, ratings don't actually reflect the content of the show. The target audience and increment age groups of 6-11, 2-11, and 6-13 really don't care about the banes of writing. I figured you would know this since you try to keep up with merchandise and ratings info.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Not if froakie is the only starter he gets.

I don't think that will happen. Especially when the other two starters are cuter looking.

Hold on just a second there. I never knew Hoenn was lower since Johto bombed in the end. And how was Sinnoh lower than Hoenn's? You're forgetting about BF when rating dropped due to the voices changing. I think it's only a matter of entitlement because there are a lot of kids, including American kids that doesn't like what's going on with the show either. That's why there is so many inconsistancies throughout the BW series.

Last edited:

naughtynun

I just re read your post and yes you were so sorry I was wrong.

But back to Pikachu, yes it got more wins than the rest of the team but I'm sorry you have to expect that, its themascot of the series and Ash will use it more than the rest.

But that's where I feel the 2 Don tournaments and JWC came into it. If you keep your stats about the team wins,and then add the ttournaments, Palpitoad gets 2 more wins, Snivy 1 more, Scraggy 2 more, and then a further win for Boldore, Leavanny and Krookodile. You should also add the league, which gives Pikachu 3 more, Scraggy one, and 2 for Pignite and Krookodile, as well as a tie for Palpitoad. That only leaves Oshawatt, who makes up for it with screentime; and Unfezant who was used in a tag battle and other non battle purposes. So that means looking at major wins:

Pikachu: 8 wins
Unfezant: 2 wins + extras
Oshawatt: 3 wins + extras
Pignite: 6 wins
Snivy: 2 wins
Scraggy: 4 wins
Leavanny: 4 wins
Palpitoad: 4 wins
Boldore: 2 wins
Krookodile: 4 wins

Looking at that is say the wins are fairly evenly spread, so Pikachu didnt really steal many potential wins, its always going to get more, so there isn't that big a problem, all though I see where your coming from.

No problem! :)

Its a bit better than I thought, I know Pikachu will always get some more, but I'd rather it was like in Sinnoh or Hoeen when Pikachu didn't just totally dominate. It was too much this time round.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hold on just a second there. I never knew Hoenn was lower since Johto bombed in the end. And how was Sinnoh lower than Hoenn's? You're forgetting about BF when rating dropped due to the voices changing. I think it's only a matter of entitlement because there are a lot of kids, including American kids that doesn't like what's going on with the show either. That's why there is so many inconsistancies throughout the BW series.

You're forgetting that there wasn't really voice changes in Japan for which it seems those rating reflect.

jh941

No problem! :)

Its a bit better than I thought, I know Pikachu will always get some more, but I'd rather it was like in Sinnoh or Hoeen when Pikachu didn't just totally dominate. It was too much this time round.

Yeah ill admit there have been times where its annoyed me when he's been challenged to a 1 on 1 and he used Pikachu when he could have used others, but I don't see why a lot of people have a problem, when it comes to what actually matters they all had their fair share.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Kids don't give a damn, ratings drop because that's just how things happen with ratings in anime in Japan. Each series ratings have been lower than the one before it for a number of factors and absolutely none of them have anything to do with the show's content. Do you really think a 9-year-old kid identifies himself as an "Anime Fan" and gets annoyed when a character doesn't have enough development? That's just jaded adults and whiny teenagers on the Internet that don't matter in the grand scheme of things, buy immense amounts of merchandise, and aren't even a fraction of the regular viewing audience of the show.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Um HELLO!? We're supposed to be talking about the Dekorola Adventure Saga in here, not ratings or giving reviews and bashes about BW.

Get back on topic right now.

Hikatoshi26

Um HELLO!? We're supposed to be talking about the Dekorola Adventure Saga in here, not ratings or giving reviews and bashes about BW.

Get back on topic right now.

getting back on topic.

So how about if Iris does encounter and captures a shiny Druddigon you think him and Dragonite will have an epic battle or while the druddigon not be worth his time?

Status
Not open for further replies.