• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Episode N [FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Two reminders:
-Charizard won't fly himself from the Charific Valley in Johto to the place of the Plasma plot in Unova. Have you forgotten that the distance between the two are thousands of Km? Exist four ways to bring back charizard into the anime: through the Charific Valley (Liza), through Oak (Charizard can fly to Pallet Town.), through Dawn (rare but not impossible in this anime) or through other way (Off-screen, via May, via Lance/Claire).

-We won't see a Charizard vs Reshiram showdown like the opening. Exist a very large difference between legendaries like Articuno and legendaries like Reshiram. The only pokemon that could theorically could defeat Reshiram is Ash's Zekrom, hinted since the 6th December.

dman_dustin

Charizard costing Ash the Kanto League never bothered me either. It may have been anti-climatic, but it was a perfectly acceptable, reasonable and believable way for Ash to lose.

It was unique aswell.

I fail to see why in the cases of battle, should it end uniquely would be a good thing.

I'm all for unique subjects, but I think it depends on the situation.

Personally a battle without any real conclusion is a bad battle, no matter how unique.

I would've wanted Ash to lose the Indigo League, because his opponent was superior, NOT because his opponent was obviously inferior, but only lost because of a B.S. way as well as the result of a "forced forfeit" because Charizard refused to battle.

I don't mind Charizard refusing a battle, costing Ash a match-up, but not at cost of the entire Pokémon Battle thus resulting in a forced forfeit.

I would've been fine had Sparky beat Charizard, after all Sparky did have a type advantage. And as strong as Charizard was at that time, I don't believe it to be unbeatable.

Manene!

Just because Unova isn't near Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh doesn't mean it's off all by itself. In-fact, we know it's not since there's clearly an area north and west of it. So there's no reason Charizard can't stop and rest along the way. And I'm sure there are other regions and islands where he can rest too. So him flying there isn't all that crazy.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I agree but Charizard being a jerk made me mad as a kid especially when I figured Ash would win the whole league. Lol kid logic sometimes

At that stage, because of how they wrote his story, when he actually got upset about losing, I was fine. And even now, Im fine because I wouldnt want to see him win at his first attempt.

It was in fact Squirtle getting bumped in that battle that really bugged me

dman_dustin

Just because Unova isn't near Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh doesn't mean it's off all by itself. In-fact, we know it's not since there's clearly an area north and west of it. So there's no reason Charizard can't stop and rest along the way. And I'm sure there are other regions and islands where he can rest too. So him flying there isn't all that crazy.

As I believe I said earlier in this thread (it could've been a different thread, I'm not sure).

A real life bird flew 7000 miles nonstop for a total of nine days. Which is apparently about 32 miles an hour (just giving a basic number, I don't intend to actually find how fast it was really flying)

Now imagine Charizard, a stronger, faster, and probably can endure a lot longer. It apparently went from Johto to Kanto within a day's time.

I'm pretty sure Charizard could easily traverse the Pokémon world pretty easily, and yeah sure, I'll agree with you IF it needs to land, on an island to rest it can.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/09/070913-longest-flight.html

Just so we're clear, in a straight line 7000 miles that's nearly more than twice as much as going from one side of the United States to the other side. Since we're not talking Square miles here, just a straight line.

i wish charizard and N (with reshiram) were the main character.. not Ash not Iris not dragonite .. N will be obviously the main character but i hope charizard too and i don't want charizard's appear unnecessary like charizard in Piramid losing a cause of a dusclops without a eviolite

i wish charizard and N (with reshiram) were the main character.. not Ash not Iris not dragonite .. N will be obviously the main character but i hope charizard too and i don't want charizard's appear unnecessary like charizard in Piramid losing a cause of a dusclops without a eviolite

Sadly, N won't become the main character. But, I don't think that Charizard's appearance will be unnecessary like when he battled against Brandon. He's staying for awhile most likely, so he'll probably battle from time to time.

What? N isn't becoming the main character. What are you talking about?

ludiloco

...and here I thought this thread was made to avoid negative comments about Charizard.

I know they're in all their rights to post here but come on!

Lucille

...and here I thought this thread was made to avoid negative comments about Charizard.

I know they're in all their rights to post here but come on!

I think Official Charizard Thread means you can post whatever you want about Charizard just not completely bash him. Lots of people were negative and didn't even think it was Ash's and that's what kept this discussion going for the first 30 pages. Your post is completely useless as is this one

PAndrews

Agreed. And I doubt Ash would've been able to beat Blaine without Charizard.

Pretty much a given.

Pikachu got destroyed by Magmar
Squirtle was taken out by 1 firespin by Ninetails (who is presumably weaker then Magmar)

All he had left was Bulbasaur and Pidgeotto, both of which I seriously doubt could stand up to Magmar.
Also seriously doubt Krabby, Tauros or Muk could have done any better. So yeah, without Charizard there is no way Ash was beating Magmar at that point.

Charizard costing Ash the Kanto League never bothered me either. It may have been anti-climatic, but it was a perfectly acceptable, reasonable and believable way for Ash to lose.

It was unique aswell.

It was actually a great choice, it showed Ash was still inexperienced and that using a disobedient Pokemon comes at a cost and shouldn't happen in tournaments. Ash took a rather stupid gamble which cost him the match.
He should have Oaked Charizard since he couldn't use him in the League anyway and had Kingler and Tauros/Muk with him. His inexperience, poor planning and cocky attitude cost him dearly. Squirtle being KO'd by Sleep powder was downright pathetic and poor writing though.

I wish the writers had kept doing this (such as with Iris Dragonite) to show that its a very stupid idea to use a Pokemon that doesn't listen and that there are consequences. These type of battles are to determine the most skilled trainer, winning them with disobedient Pokemon completely destroys the purpose of a tournament (and makes you question the purpose of the referees). Using them in regular battles is fine, but Tournaments & Competitions shouldn't be allowed.

PAndrews

Dawn was heading to Johto, when we last saw her.

Not that I agree with the idea, however.

But Dawn never met Charizard, so neither know each other
Dawn doesn't know where the Charicific Valley is
Charizard doesn't know Dawn and has no reason to fly her to Unova

May left for Johto aswell and has met Charizard, so if anyone would come flying back on his back it would be her (or Brock/Misty)

Haunter ゴースト

I fail to see why in the cases of battle, should it end uniquely would be a good thing.

I'm all for unique subjects, but I think it depends on the situation.

Personally a battle without any real conclusion is a bad battle, no matter how unique.

I would've wanted Ash to lose the Indigo League, because his opponent was superior, NOT because his opponent was obviously inferior, but only lost because of a B.S. way as well as the result of a "forced forfeit" because Charizard refused to battle.

I don't mind Charizard refusing a battle, costing Ash a match-up, but not at cost of the entire Pokémon Battle thus resulting in a forced forfeit.

Hmm, i've really tried to think of a suitable way to reply to this dman, but I really can't. I think it's just down to opinion, because I really don't mind seeing as it's a realistic approach with major consequences. In fact, PAndrews makes a very good point (i'm replying below this quote to him), it's pretty much how I view it aswell.

I would've been fine had Sparky beat Charizard, after all Sparky did have a type advantage. And as strong as Charizard was at that time, I don't believe it to be unbeatable.

Charizard definetly wasn't unbeatable, but if Sparky defeated him i'd be raging as much as you do about Charizard disobeying.

It was actually a great choice, it showed Ash was still inexperienced and that using a disobedient Pokemon comes at a cost and shouldn't happen in tournaments. Ash took a rather stupid gamble which cost him the match.
He should have Oaked Charizard since he couldn't use him in the League anyway and had Kingler and Tauros/Muk with him. His inexperience, poor planning and cocky attitude cost him dearly. Squirtle being KO'd by Sleep powder was downright pathetic and poor writing though.

I agree with this so much, and it's exactly why i'm fine with the situation. Not just this though, but I actually enjoyed seeing it happen. Like I said before, it was unique to happen and had major consequences.

As for the rest of the battle, it definetly could have been better. It was rushed and ridiculous (aka sleep powder knockout).

I wish the writers had kept doing this (such as with Iris Dragonite) to show that its a very stupid idea to use a Pokemon that doesn't listen and that there are consequences. These type of battles are to determine the most skilled trainer, winning them with disobedient Pokemon completely destroys the purpose of a tournament (and makes you question the purpose of the referees). Using them in regular battles is fine, but Tournaments & Competitions shouldn't be allowed.

I agree once again, I wish they kept doing stuff like this. Not all of the time, maybe once every saga. It definetly should have happened to Iris in the Juniour Cup for sure. Iris didn't win, but she won two major battles because of a disobedient Pokemon which definetly wasn't deserved.

PAndrews, thankyou for making a post that I can agree with 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.