• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - New Features + Points Card + Global Link Reminder + Pokém

S

SerebiiBot

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - New Features + Points Card + Global Link Reminder + Pokém

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

Be sure to check yesterday's update for new trailers & Black 2 & White 2 information. Be sure to like our new FaceBook Page.
With the news of Black 2 & White 2, the Chatroom has been rife with discussion of the possibilities that are to come while the WiFi Chatroom has been a place for people to hunt down the new Dream World Pokémon for trade and to battle other trainers so be sure to visit them. Our Forums have also had these discussion and are a bustling trade and competitive section for the games.
Last Update: 14:06 BST
Edit @ 13:50; Global Link Reminder + Pokémon of the Week | Edit @ 14:06; Manga Updates

[h=3]In The Games Department[/h] Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - New Features
Two new features of Black 2 & White 2 have been revealed by a promotional pamphlet posted on a Japanese Blog. First is the Fes Mission, which has you partake in missions with friends, in a similar manner to the EntraLink Missions in Black & White and get prizes based upon your score. This is done via the wireless features.
Second is Join Avenue, which is part of a shopping centre which you can build with various friends via connecting with them. It's currently unknown to what extent but there is an image of putting a stand in the shop. Other players will be able to visit your shop while you can visit theirs
In addition to this, a 2000 yen Point Card for the 3DS is being released with a Pokémon design. This card will cover the costs of the 3DS download software Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokédex 3D Pro. We'll provide more information as it comes
In addition to this, I have updated the Black 2 & White 2 section with all the information obtained yesterday

******"class: fooevo, colspan: 2"]Point Card*******
******"class: fooevo, colspan: 2"]Join Avenue*******
[/TR]
******"class: cen, colspan: 2"]
points.jpg
******"class: cen, colspan: 2"] *******
[/TR]

[h=3]In The Games Department[/h] Pokémon Global Link Reminder
As a reminder, the Pokémon Global Link is due to go offline on Tuesday. This downtime will last for two weeks and during that time, all Global Link features will be inaccessible including the Game Sync. As such, if you have any Pokémon in the Dream World, you will not be able to retrieve them until the end of the downtime so it's best to wake them up now.

[h=3]In The Manga Department[/h] Pokémon Special Biographies
Coronis has kindly written an update to the biography for the Pokémon Special characters Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are both based upon the main characters of the 4th generation games and feature in the recent variations of the manga. The biographies have been updated with the recent happenings from that series. Click the picture to go to the detailed biography page and select them from there.

[h=3]In The Pokémon of the Week Department[/h] Who's That Pokémon
Today marks the seventy-fourth entry into the Generation V competitive field with a classic Pokémon. These entries are created by the visitors for the visitors and then compiled by our writer Blue Harvest. To get involved, Click here for the discussion forum.
Today, we are covering a Pokémon introduced in the fourth generation. A well-trained one can sense auras to identify and take in the feelings of creatures over half a mile away. It's said that no foe can remain invisible to it, since it can detect auras. Even foes it could not otherwise see. By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements. It has the ability to sense the auras of all things. It understands human speech. So here it is, the seventy-fourth entry, Lucario.

[SUB]-- Delivered by Feed43 service[/SUB]

More...

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Does Nintendo have ANYTHING planned for IN GAME features besides battling and catching Pokemon? Cause that is the main reason I did not like Black/White: the lack of in-game features besides battling. Gamefreak has to realize that not everyone has online-capabilities. The ones with-out should stick to playing Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver.

As long as they put all their focus on online only content, I will have no reason to buy Black 2/White 2.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Does Nintendo have ANYTHING planned for IN GAME features besides battling and catching Pokemon? Cause that is the main reason I did not like Black/White: the lack of in-game features besides battling. Gamefreak has to realize that not everyone has online-capabilities. The ones with-out should stick to playing Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver.

As long as they put all their focus on online only content, I will have no reason to buy Black 2/White 2.

Agreed.

I seriously do hope black and white two have some extra ingame content besides that battle subway and..well, the battling.

Flame Mistress

Yeah, agree with the above two posts. Also, the connectivity thing might be very efficient and popular in Japan due to it being really popular over there, but over here in the western countries, since the popularity of Pokémon has decreased quite a lot in the past few years, they're gonna be pretty useless unless you have a sibling who plays Pokémon as well or you have two cartridges, since you're probably gonnw be the only one you know who still plays Pokémon avidly. I think it's time for Game Freak to consider international audiences as well - though I must admit, half the joy of Pokémon is being able to connect with your friends.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Agreed.

I seriously do hope black and white two have some extra ingame content besides that battle subway and..well, the battling.

Yeah, agree with the above two posts. Also, the connectivity thing might be very efficient and popular in Japan due to it being really popular over there, but over here in the western countries, since the popularity of Pokémon has decreased quite a lot in the past few years, they're gonna be pretty useless unless you have a sibling who plays Pokémon as well or you have two cartridges, since you're probably gonnw be the only one you know who still plays Pokémon avidly.

What are you people even talking about. The majority of older Pokemon players DO have a internet connection. The younger players honestly won't care, and are just worried about training their ultimate team to level 100 and battling with their school friends. Also Yes, while we do get every game, most Japanese are up to date with the technology and do have wireless internet connection. Not to mention that a bunch of places in the US also offers free wi-fi free of charge for just about anyone. To those complaining, I suggest that you get a job and buy a $20 router as you guys already have a internet connection. As for the younger ones who can't(such as Flame Mistress), it's unfortunate that you might not have a wireless internet connection, but GameFreak isn't going to appeal to the minority over the majority.

I mean, the game is Pokemon. All you really do is battle.

BCVM22

Does Nintendo have ANYTHING planned for IN GAME features besides battling and catching Pokemon?

You mean the gameplay that makes up 90% of the game? You're asking what effort was put into stuff that doesn't make up that 90%, ostensibly the reason you buy the game in the first place?

You do realize how that sounds, right? Do you go into a Mario game demanding to know what they have planned besides having you jump over platforms, stomp Goombas and gather coins?

Cause that is the main reason I did not like Black/White: the lack of in-game features besides battling.

So the main reason you didn't like B/W was that you didn't like the core gameplay.

Again, you do realize how that sounds, right? That's you. Not them. You.

Gamefreak has to realize that not everyone has online-capabilities.

This, also, is you and not them. "Online-capabilities" are as widespread, prolific and easy to come by as anything else these days. If you live in a household or an area where that's not feasible for you, that's unfortunate, but it's little else. You're in a rapidly-shrinking minority - demanding they cater to your minority is oblivious and short-sighted, at best.

As long as they put all their focus on online only content

This is empty hyperbole - "all their focus on online only content."

I will have no reason to buy Black 2/White 2.

I invite you to guess as to what happens if "[you] have no reason to buy Black 2/White 2". Or me, or any other one person or even multiple people here.

Also, the connectivity thing might be very efficient and popular in Japan due to it being really popular over there, but over here in the western countries, since the popularity of Pokémon has decreased quite a lot in the past few years, they're gonna be pretty useless

The popularity of Pokémon has absolutely nothing to do with the advent of Wi-Fi. Not a thing. No connection. They are unrelated.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
To those complaining, I suggest that you get a job and buy a $20 router as you guys already have a internet connection.

Unfortunatly for us, Money dosn't grow on trees here.

>_> i'm only 13 so...I cant really get a job that earns me 20 bucks quickly. (I swear...if someone mentions a lemonade stand..) And the fact that my parents dislike spending money on random things.

Flame Mistress

@BCVM22: I meant wireless connection. For example, Black City/White Forest were pretty much useless to those who 1) didn't have lots of time on their hands and 2) didn't have any friends who could connect with them.

BCVM22

>_> i'm only 13 so...I cant really get a job that earns me 20 bucks quickly. (I swear...if someone mentions a lemonade stand..) And the fact that my parents dislike spending money on random things.

And that's unfortunate for you, certainly. But in looking at the larger picture, would you honestly have them limit the game solely on the basis of a continually-shrinking minority who don't have easy access to wireless Internet?

@BCVM22: I meant wireless connection. For example, Black City/White Forest were pretty much useless to those who 1) didn't have lots of time on their hands and 2) didn't have any friends who could connect with them.

And that again is unfortunate for you, but the Black City/White Forest stuff is still just an extention of what they've made clear from the very first game boxes some sixteen years ago, that being that if you truly want the complete and total full experience of everything, you will have to engage in some linked play somewhere along the way.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
You mean the gameplay that makes up 90% of the game? You're asking what effort was put into stuff that doesn't make up that 90%, ostensibly the reason you buy the game in the first place?

I buy Pokemon games not just for the battle, but for whatever else they have planned. I wasn't interested in Platinum because of more battling, I was also interested in the Super Contest, the Underground, the Battle Frontier, etc. Same with SoulSilver. I got it not just for the battling, but for the diversions, as well.

You do realize how that sounds, right? Do you go into a Mario game demanding to know what they have planned besides having you jump over platforms, stomp Goombas and gather coins?

Since I don't play as many Mario games as most people, I cannot say I do.

So the main reason you didn't like B/W was that you didn't like the core gameplay.

Again, you do realize how that sounds, right? That's you. Not them. You.

The core gameplay was fine, it just wasn't all that different from the core gameplay of past games. I disliked it because there was nothing else to do.

This, also, is you and not them. "Online-capabilities" are as widespread, prolific and easy to come by as anything else these days. If you live in a household or an area where that's not feasible for you, that's unfortunate, but it's little else. You're in a rapidly-shrinking minority - demanding they cater to your minority is oblivious and short-sighted, at best.

This is empty hyperbole - "all their focus on online only content."

Honestly, that's not exactly fair. After all, Online Content is something only people with ONLINE capabilities can use, while In Game content is something everyone who bought the game can use. So basically, limiting diversions to Online Only would be singling out those who do not have online capabilities, but putting time into IN GAME diversions would NOT be singling out those who DO have it, since they could play it anyway.

I invite you to guess as to what happens if "[you] have no reason to buy Black 2/White 2". Or me, or any other one person or even multiple people here.

Not much, but that's not the point.

Those are my counter-arguments.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I buy Pokemon games not just for the battle, but for whatever else they have planned. I wasn't interested in Platinum because of more battling, I was also interested in the Super Contest, the Underground, the Battle Frontier, etc. Same with SoulSilver. I got it not just for the battling, but for the diversions, as well.

And if that's really the criteria on which you make your game purchases, that's your decision, but it basically amounts to buying a car based not on important things like the engine, the mileage and the handling, but on how bright and shiny the dashboard display is.

The core gameplay was fine, it just wasn't all that different from the core gameplay of past games.

Well... yes? Do we not play franchise games because it's the continued core gameplay that attracts us? Would one really go into a new generation's core title expecting a drastically different experience?

I disliked it because there was nothing else to do.

There was plenty else to do, you simply find yourself personally unable to access some of it. That doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Honestly, that's not exactly fair. After all, Online Content is something only people with ONLINE capabilities can use, while In Game content is something everyone who bought the game can use.

We've established over the last few posts that someone who does not have easy access to wireless Internet is in a rapidly-shrinking minority. Again, would you honestly have them limit the game content solely for that shrinking minority?

Furthermore, if you really wish to make it an issue of "fair vs. unfair", which it is not, we come to the reality that life itself is not fair and that if being denied some fringe content in a video game because you personally don't have Wi-Fi access is the only place you ever encounter that truth, you'll be among the tremendously lucky.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Oh, so HOW DARE those singled out have any fun. Only those with internet on there DS are allowed to have fun with Black and White. The rest of us are forced to a game that's overall repetitive thanks to there being only ONE thing to do.

Saying that buying games for the diversions is like buying a car for its appearance is, once again, an unfair argument. Don't think of them as the reason to buy a Pokemon game, think of them as bonuses. The diversions make the game less repetitive. And after all things considered, don't tell me you played the Poke-athelon once and never played it again.

And don't give me that "People without internet are a shrinking minority" bull. Like I said, in game content is for EVERYONE to use. Online content is for a LIMITED SELECTION of people to use. You say most people have internet on their DS, but that's STILL a limited selection. Saying "People without internet are a shrinking minority" is a poor excuse, and you know it.

So how dare someone complains about having nothing to do but the same-ol/same-ol. They can pretty much choke because even though they still find Pokemon fun, they would find it even MORE fun if there were things to help break up the monotony.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Oh, so HOW DARE those singled out have any fun. Only those with internet on there DS are allowed to have fun with Black and White. The rest of us are forced to a game that's overall repetitive thanks to there being only ONE thing to do.
As said, there is plenty to do, online or off. Also Pokemon being repetitive happened way before BW. You're a little too late.

Saying that buying games for the diversions is like buying a car for its appearance is, once again, an unfair argument. Don't think of them as the reason to buy a Pokemon game, think of them as bonuses. The diversions make the game less repetitive. And after all things considered, don't tell me you played the Poke-athelon once and never played it again.

Bonuses are not require to beat or enjoy the game. Just because the game lacks(which it doesn't) a few mini game doesn't mean anyone is being unfair to you. In fact you're being unfair to everyone else.

And don't give me that "People without internet are a shrinking minority" bull.
But it's true.

Like I said, in game content is for EVERYONE to use.
Everyone can use the in-game content

Online content is for a LIMITED SELECTION of people to use. You say most people have internet on their DS, but that's STILL a limited selection. Saying "People without internet are a shrinking minority" is a poor excuse, and you know it.
But it's very true. People without internet in a shrinking minority. I guess every game released from now till forever should be packed to appeal to everyone regardless off much it cost or who the game is aimed at.

So how dare someone complains about having nothing to do but the same-ol/same-ol. They can pretty much choke because even though they still find Pokemon fun, they would find it even MORE fun if there were things to help break up the monotony.

So you're complaining about Pokemon being repetitive?

You're playing the wrong game then.

Blazios

You might as well be saying that Red & Blue were discriminating against people who didn't have Link Cables.

You cannot deny that most people who will buy these games will have some form of internet access to make use of.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
So basically it's wrong for people WITH OUT online capabilities to have fun playing Pokemon? People WITH OUT online capabilities is such a non-existent group of people that they cannot so much as put even one decent diversion into a Pokemon game for those without online, a diversion even said non-existent group can use instead of only the online users? People WITH OUT online capabilities, who STILL have fun playing the game, and look forward to what the next generation has to offer, have to be singled out in favor of those who have online capabilities, or are 12 or younger?

Saying it's a shrinking minority is, once again, NO EXCUSE! Anyone can use In-Game content. That's more fair than limiting content to online users. And even then, GameFreak could have added SOMETHING to pass the time other than battling. ...Okay, they did, but that Pokemon Musical was a bad idea that was pretty much devoid of fun.

Also, saying Pokemon became repetitive BEFORE B/W is only your opinion. And honestly, you guys are basically saying that people like me are not ALLOWED to have fun with Pokemon, or at least that's what it sounds like judging by your posts. By saying it's wrong to wish for in-game content, instead of being limited to battling, one crappy mini-game, and a bunch of content they can't even use, that is basically what you're saying.

Also, I never said Black and White is where the series started to suck. I still had fun playing it, I just had less of it. Not because I'm growing out of it, as I still have fun playing Emerald, Platinum, and HeartGold/SoulSilver, but because you need online capabilities in order to enjoy it to its fullest. And regardless of whether you say it's a "dying breed," it's still no excuse not to have SOMETHING for those without internet to enjoy beyond battling.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
So basically it's wrong for people WITH OUT online capabilities to have fun playing Pokemon? People WITH OUT online capabilities is such a non-existent group of people that they cannot so much as put even one decent diversion into a Pokemon game for those without online, a diversion even said non-existent group can use instead of only the online users? People WITH OUT online capabilities, who STILL have fun playing the game, and look forward to what the next generation has to offer, have to be singled out in favor of those who have online capabilities, or are 12 or younger?
It's no ones fault but your own if you don't enjoy the game.
Also, saying Pokemon became repetitive BEFORE B/W is only your opinion.
Yet you said...
Pokemon Musical was a bad idea that was pretty much devoid of fun.
Come on now.

And honestly, you guys are basically saying that people like me are not ALLOWED to have fun with Pokemon, or at least that's what it sounds like judging by your posts. By saying it's wrong to wish for in-game content, instead of being limited to battling, one crappy mini-game, and a bunch of content they can't even use, that is basically what you're saying.

No one is saying you can't have fun. I'm saying stop being so uptight because GameFreak put a couple of online features in the game that you can't get. Honestly, just walk to the nearest McDonalds or something. Hell, every game today is released with online features, you mind as well get mad at every video game that comes out from now on.

Blazios

Just be thankful Nintendo doesn't use any sort of DRM in their games that prevents people without an Internet connection from playing a game at all.

Zibdas

not bad

Saying it's a shrinking minority is, once again, NO EXCUSE! Anyone can use In-Game content. That's more fair than limiting content to online users. And even then, GameFreak could have added SOMETHING to pass the time other than battling. ...Okay, they did, but that Pokemon Musical was a bad idea that was pretty much devoid of fun.

Also, saying Pokemon became repetitive BEFORE B/W is only your opinion. And honestly, you guys are basically saying that people like me are not ALLOWED to have fun with Pokemon, or at least that's what it sounds like judging by your posts. By saying it's wrong to wish for in-game content, instead of being limited to battling, one crappy mini-game, and a bunch of content they can't even use, that is basically what you're saying.

Also, I never said Black and White is where the series started to suck. I still had fun playing it, I just had less of it. Not because I'm growing out of it, as I still have fun playing Emerald, Platinum, and HeartGold/SoulSilver, but because you need online capabilities in order to enjoy it to its fullest. And regardless of whether you say it's a "dying breed," it's still no excuse not to have SOMETHING for those without internet to enjoy beyond battling.
why don't you
oh i don't know
go to one of the thousands of free wi-fi hotspots everywhere?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
It's no ones fault but your own if you don't enjoy the game.

That's just it, I still do.

Yet you said...

Pokemon Musical was a bad idea that was pretty much devoid of fun.

Come on now.

Which really had nothing to do with saying the game itself was repetitive.

No one is saying you can't have fun. I'm saying stop being so uptight because GameFreak put a couple of online features in the game that you can't get. Honestly, just walk to the nearest McDonalds or something. Hell, every game today is released with online features, you mind as well get mad at every video game that comes out from now on.

Oh, you can bet I tried that. Sadly I've never gotten it to work THERE either.

Also, a few online diversions is one thing. LIMITING the diversions to online only, which is pretty much what Black/White did, is another thing entirely.

More two cents.