• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Black & White Keldeo Event

S

SerebiiBot

Pokémon Black & White Keldeo Event

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

If you have any site ideas, let me know during these slow news times. This update may be ammended throughout the day
With the news of Black 2 & White 2, the Chatroom has been rife with discussion of the possibilities that are to come while the WiFi Chatroom has been a place for people to hunt down the new Dream World Pokémon for trade and to battle other trainers so be sure to visit them. Our Forums have also had these discussion and are a bustling trade and competitive section for the games. Be sure to like our new FaceBook Page.
Last Update: 13:00 BST

[h=3]In The Games Department[/h] Pokémon Black & White - Keldeo Event
For those of you in America,the Keldeo event is now running in Gamestop stores across the country, or EB Games if you're in Canada. This event gives a Level 15 Keldeo with a PP Max to Pokémon Black & White games. In Black & White, you can teach it Secret Sword if you take Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion with it to the Moors of Icirrus, but if you wait until Black 2 & White 2 are out and trade it over, you can activate its Resolute Form by teaching this move. The event lasts until October 6th so be sure to get it while you can
As a reminder, this event runs in Europe from September 1st to October 11th, in various stores such as GAME in the UK and various other stores depending on the country. Be sure to check your local store to see if they're participating. In Australia, it runs from September 15th to October 10th in EBGames stores.

[SUB]-- Delivered by Feed43 service[/SUB]

More...

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Heya,
I have a little question: Is this Event also available in the Netherlands? I looked around some sites and the closest it gets to me is Germany, UK or France. So wondered if anyone here might know if it also will be available in the Netherlands. :) Thanks in advance.

BTW: If I posted this wrong, then I'm sorry because I don't really know where to ask it except here since my question is about this update/event.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Heya,
I have a little question: Is this Event also available in the Netherlands? I looked around some sites and the closest it gets to me is Germany, UK or France. So wondered if anyone here might know if it also will be available in the Netherlands. :) Thanks in advance.

BTW: If I posted this wrong, then I'm sorry because I don't really know where to ask it except here since my question is about this update/event.

The Netherlands site did mention that they're holding it, but they haven't listed stores

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
The Netherlands site did mention that they're holding it, but they haven't listed stores
OK thanks a lot for answering. :) I'll keep an eye out for when they reveal which stores will be participating. :)

dsitt7

This is confusing me...

If I get Keldeo but don't do the event storyline and I trade it to BW2, I'll get Resolute Form. Can I do the event, trade to BW2 and still get the Resolute Form? Just that part is unclear to me.

Last edited:

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I can't wait to refurbish my old pokemon black game, dormant for so long, for this!

Oh, and I feel so sorry for the situation implied here regarding gamestop, and I hope that the closest gamestop to mine is not as greedy as the one implied here, as it could be a precursor to how early I could get it(if they are not-so-smart, they may not open the store early for pokemon game releasing, but rather, show their true colors by being as inconvienent to customers as possible, just like how some unlucky Gamestop customers I see on the internet say, well, ok, maybe it means nothing in terms of opening and pickup time now, but if a store is not-so-smart, you never know what could happen to you with shady practices that make customers not want to buy anything from your business again for the reason of poor business conduct),whether it's the more likely time of 9am or in the worst-case scenario, when they normally open on sundays: 11am. OK, unless gamestop says "all gamestop locations will NOT open early for B2/W2", I believe that 11am opening is not likely to be tolerated by the fans who want to get the game as early as possible. So, I hope I can get it early morning like I did with Pokemon Bv1, which will get a trip to gamestop sometime prior to my potential Bv2 pickup for the keldeo...

Last edited:

DKDG

Trainer/Breeder
I want to get the event but I want to know where it says which stores in which states will be holding the event...

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
In addition to the Keldeo event, they're handing out free posters of Keldeo.
Here's a screenshot of the promotional banner (Marked to prevent theft):
Keldeo2Copy.png

So the poster is technically like a preorder bonus?

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
So the poster is technically like a preorder bonus?

Yes and no...

Yes, you can call it a preorder bonus, but no, as since it's not fair to those who don't want either one of the sequels to the first two Unova-region games(the first two of such being pokemon black and pokemon white w/o the "2" added to either of the two titles), meaning they could be left out of the Keldeo download due to stupidty from gamestop employees that deserve to be terminated for display of misinformation that likely cannot be remedied if the manager won't bother to deal with the problem and there's no other gamestop in the area that you could go to just to teach the employees and manager a lesson: No respect, none of my money for your location. However, if you're unlucky enough to experience such misfortune and become forced to travel outside your area just for one pokemon, assuming you don't want to upgrade to B&W2, unless you are smart enough to look on the trading block should you have a pokemon worthy enough to impress one player enough for him or her to let go of his/her event Keldeo, as if you have the game(s) released before your pre-ordered games, if you miss out because you didn't want to pre-order either of the latter two combined with stupidity in all of your respective in-area gamestop locations, you have no other choice of action outside of pokemon trades and excessive use of gas mileage(to get to a gamestop that hopefully does what your in-area locations won't) if you want keldeo but to either cheat or give up on getting a keldeo, but nevertheless, you might have reason to complain to TPCI(Pokemon Company International) if a particular gamestop location only flips the download "go-ahead" switch for those pre-ordering pokemon black 2 or pokemon white 2, as the linked gamefaqs thread suggests at thread's last page at the time of my post here...

Last edited:

poutwuw

Toa of Bronies
I went to my Gamestop today, saw the banner like in Rayce's picture, and found a neat little instruction poster by the cashiers. Nice guys, the cashiers, let me know how it worked (My first in-life event), got my Keldeo (for free) and they gave me one out of the huge stack of posters they had. Heres a picture, because it was too big to scan (sorry about the glare)
10459_3501102694218_1549052690_n.jpg

Last edited:

evilpookiechan

I went to two different Gamestops in my area and neither one had the even set up when I had arrived, first Gamestop employee was rude and refused to set it up for me so I just left. Later in the day though I went to another one where once again the event had not been set up but the manager was very prompt on getting it taken care of for me ^.^ He was very nice and I even got like five of the Keldeo posters for my wait! So I now have a Keldeo on both my Black and White, on my White version I already took it to learn secret sword. In all I had a good day :3 now just counting down for Black and White 2!!

I went to my Gamestop today, saw the banner like in Rayce's picture, and found a neat little instruction poster by the cashiers. Nice guys, the cashiers, let me know how it worked (My first in-life event), got my Keldeo (for free) and they gave me one out of the huge stack of posters they had. Heres a picture, because it was too big to scan (sorry about the glare)
10459_3501102694218_1549052690_n.jpg

Yup! Those are the Posters they were handing out. I think it might fit in the cover of my Binder, which would be awesome!
Sorry for everyone's experiences with Gamestop, I had that with the Snarl Zoroark at TRU. But, mine had it set up, and I got two! :D

Bossk

Like a champ.
I went in and they said that I have to have Pokemon White 2 and/or Black 2 to be allowed to do the event. Wasn't a big deal since I'll just go this weekend and do it, but was disappointed. Anyone have this problem and/or know why they do that?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I went in and they said that I have to have Pokemon White 2 and/or Black 2 to be allowed to do the event. Wasn't a big deal since I'll just go this weekend and do it, but was disappointed. Anyone have this problem and/or know why they do that?

Some stores are trying to shore up their pre-order numbers by forcing pre-orders to be placed. I suggest complaining to their manager stating at how all official text states that there are no conditions to receive it, and if that fails, contact The Pokémon Company and complain about that

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
The Keldeo event in The Netherlands will be held on the following dates on the following locations:

September 16th
•Speeldag Hoorn; Nintendo-stand (Noorderveemarkt)

September 29th
•Makro; Amsterdam, Best, Delft, Duiven, Groningen, Hengelo, Nijmegen and Nuth

October 6th
•Toys XL; all stores
•Media Markt; Amsterdam Arena, Rotterdam the Corner, Eindhoven, Groningen and Zwolle
•Saturn; Heerhugowaard, Hoofddorp, Tilburg, Venlo and Rotterdam Zuidplein

Source:
http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/news/2011/ontvang_de_nieuwe_mythische_pokemon_keldeo_54700.html

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I went to the Gamestop I usually go to, and downloaded my Keldeo! Posters were a given, too, so I can add the ones I just got to my collection of Event posters. :p

Glad I didn't have to wait till release date of BW2, but it's too bad to hear that some places do. It's all the same though, because you'd have Keldeo one way or another.