• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon BW: Adventures In Unova Beyond - theme opening and thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Pokémon BW: Adventures In Unova and Beyond - theme opening and thoughts

How did you guys feel about this third change to the opening of "It's Always You And Me"? Footage was taken from the japanese opening of "Summer Slope" (no surprise there) for the current arc in the BW series: the Decolore Archipelago.

Here's the opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmvaHvQdbBk

What did you like? What didn't you like? What would you have added (or removed) instead?

I know there may not be a lot of thought towards a 30 second opening, but I'm itching to know what the general appeal is among everyone here.

And how do you feel the dub will handle this final part of the BW saga? Couldn't hurt to give it a try. Not much to do until XY arrives. I just hope we see bits of Kanto around the end.

Garbodor.

I have noticed with all these new theme songs, they are like love,motivational songs and only time you hear Pokemon is just one "Pokemon" right at the end.

I still like the new themes though, but nothing will ever beat the original.

I think watching Summerly Slope made this opening weird to me. Maybe they should have made a different opening for this arc, but I can understand...US works based on seasons. Still they could have tried putting different scenes you know, something that could have meshed a bit more well? They needn't take scenes from the Jap opening. (The second DP theme song did that well?)

Well maybe I am worrying because I actually understand English, maybe Japanese is just as random with scenes and lyrics. But I don't think it is.

"And Beyond", that's a smart move I must say. They obviously can't say Adventures in Unova anymore. Yeah, so I liked that.

Janovy

Banned
I don't like how it's basically a butchered version of the original opening which was great and the song fit nicely to the theme.

In this one everything is cut, out of order, it's just far from being as amazing as the original.

nuzamaki90

I miss 4kids, words I never thought I would ever say. Back when 4kids was dubbing, Ash sounded like Ash, his current VA now is great but doesn't match Ash's character in Best Wishes. Sounds more like a mature man in a little boy's body.

With 4kids, we actually got openings that lasted as long or extremely close to how long the Japanese openings were. The songs were awesome and fit the overall theme, and everything didn't feel like it was made in Windows Movie Maker by a 1st grader.

This opening is so bad it's hurting me inside. It doesn't even talk about anything Pokemon related besides that bit about being ready to battle. I wish TPCi didn't keep the same songs for more than one season. The damn thing doesn't even relate to the actual opening.

And why the hell are they still using the same scenes of TR from the first opening?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I miss 4kids, words I never thought I would ever say. Back when 4kids was dubbing, Ash sounded like Ash, his current VA now is great but doesn't match Ash's character in Best Wishes. Sounds more like a mature man in a little boy's body.

With 4kids, we actually got openings that lasted as long or extremely close to how long the Japanese openings were. The songs were awesome and fit the overall theme, and everything didn't feel like it was made in Windows Movie Maker by a 1st grader.

This opening is so bad it's hurting me inside. It doesn't even talk about anything Pokemon related besides that bit about being ready to battle. I wish TPCi didn't keep the same songs for more than one season. The damn thing doesn't even relate to the actual opening.

And why the hell are they still using the same scenes of TR from the first opening?

But-but what about jelly donuts?

But-but what about jelly donuts?

But what about when Brock truly sounded like a teenager when he flirted or yelled, Ash sounded like a fun loving kid all the time, James sounded funny and witty, Team Rocket and Ash didn't say out of character lines, the intros weren't 36 seconds long, the dubbers actually put in some jokes for the older fans in Team Rocket's dialogue, and the dub was overall better despite 4Kids' xenophobia and senseless editing?

Really, I would take back the jelly-filled donuts and rolling sandwiches down hills back if it meant all the other awesome things would come back.

Man, I miss 4Kids. I know they did some stupid crap at times, but I enjoyed the show a lot more when they dubbed it.

I know: I know. Meowth didn't used to sound evil all the time, either. James could actually laugh as well. -_-

Last edited:
I still really like the song, but the way it was edited was underwhelming. I mean the only thing dub watchers will learn from watching the opening is..... Ash is going to be in this season *Gasp* and wait, what?! Pikachu, Iris, Axew and Cilan *Gasp* and look, there's Team Rocket *Gasp* and SOME CAPTAIN GUY!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, this opening definitely got dub watchers hyped ;)

I still really like the song, but the way it was edited was underwhelming. I mean the only thing dub watchers will learn from watching the opening is..... Ash is going to be in this season *Gasp* and wait, what?! Pikachu, Iris, Axew and Cilan *Gasp* and look, there's Team Rocket *Gasp* and SOME CAPTAIN GUY!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, this opening definitely got dub watchers hyped ;)

I was laughing when they showed Porter/Parker looking towards the horizon so seriously. I was just staring at that scene and cracking up because if I never watched the sub I would never know WTF that was.

"SOME CAPTAIN GUY!" indeed! :D

NPT

Just a member
The opening was good, but I think it should've been longer.
I think watching Summerly Slope made this opening weird to me. Maybe they should have made a different opening for this arc, but I can understand...US works based on seasons. Still they could have tried putting different scenes you know, something that could have meshed a bit more well? They needn't take scenes from the Jap opening. (The second DP theme song did that well?)

Well maybe I am worrying because I actually understand English, maybe Japanese is just as random with scenes and lyrics. But I don't think it is.

Actually, they did the right thing by putting footage from Summerly Slope in the opening. The opening would look bland ( Rival Destinies? ) if they used random episode clips in the opening. Besides the opening has great animation, which is suitable for an adventure saga's theme.

Last edited:

Moonlight Starlight

I like the other one thats played on original version in Japanese opening full length.It's too bad how they don't played the ending theme on theirs by showing old faces of the characters on there.I like the Pokemon Japanese opening and ending theme form both.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The American dub thinks of everything. Since Cilan contributes nothing to the overall plot (except this week's next episode), he doesn't get to appear as much as Iris and Ash in the middle portion.

julabard

I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing the full song in de new movie

Status
Not open for further replies.