• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Castaways

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Pokémon Castaways

If it's not allowed to keep posting more sign-ups so closely to each other, do let me know but I didn't find anything of the sort in the rules and I'm figuring the previous concepts just don't attract RPers wanting to actually join, so I'm posting this one and see what it does. So here goes.

Pokémon Castaways

When the passenger of a cruise liner strands on an island, he/she is under the impression that he/she is the last survivor. They encounter Pokémon and Apricots and strange marks undoubtedly left by humans. But is his/her survival real? Is it all an illusion? Somehow the multiple survivors, as it turns out, don't seem to run into each other, but what power is responsible for letting them not see or hear one another? How can you survive together, but alone? Will they find ways to communicate and work together the escape this island? What sinister figures are pulling the strings?

They find trails and traces of events experienced or caused by other characters, yet consistently don't run into them. They could even be standing right next to each other without them realising, at first. So, what is happening to the refugees of the cruise liner crash?

This kinda reminded me of Lost when I wrote it down, but I don't want to do anything like that. It's more about possible illusions, emotional growth, a mental journey and overcoming adversity. Especially the last one. No convoluted mysteries and evil conspiracies, if that's what some were thinking.

So it would begin with everyone waking up on the shore or floating on a part of the shipwreck that drifted towards the island and that you're clinging onto or something like that. There's no amnesia or anything, except for the part where you passed out from exhaustion, but for the rest you recount your steps from the ship till where you currently are. Maybe reveal a bit of your past for character building and stuff like that. I'm not making things too tight because creativity and freedom of what you want to write is important to making this a better, more complex story. Though let's not make it get too convoluted or mystery upon mystery. Surviving stories build on characterisation, but a solid plot is preferable to accompany that. So a bit of world building of sorts and making things fit together would be nice. Ingenuity will be a great factor in finding ways for the survivors to survive alone together.

There is a pretty basic sign-up sheet, as most people will be trainers of some sort, although other choices can throw something interesting in the mix, so feel free, be creative.

Name: preferably.
Description and skills: preferably. For the skills, they should probably be justified a bit as you'll be employing them for your character to survive something lethal or set up a trap, stuff like that and you don't want the skill to come out of nowhere.
Personality: It's probably going to be shown in full and tested when he/she is surviving.
History: Most importantly, how did you end up on a cruise liner? Besides that, what has your character been through, what did he/she do before going on the cruise liner and so on.

Now for my own sign-up sheet which I'm keeping a simple Pokémon trainer and we can start from there. Because if I'm going to start with a secret agent, a rocket scientist or a sentient alien Pokémon, it's only going to become crazier from there, right? Later on, more than one character might be allowed to have more kinds of people if needed. So here it is. Turned out to be a bit long. Sign-ups don't have to be this long, but it's nice to see some interesting details and your character building^^

Name: Maxwell Jones

Description and skills: He has messy brown hair and piercing green eyes like his father with the thin and tall build of his mother, along with her gentle nature. He wore a dark hat and a blue vest over a white T-shirt with dark jeans which he flew into as they were evacuating the ship.

He's adapted to using his intellect to improvise in the toughest situations, but he can also plan when given the opportunity. He has grown a bit impatient and can be unpredictable when fighting an opponent. He learns quickly, but always first relies on knowledge he picked up throughout his life, most of which he saw on tv. He can be quite wrong at times. Other than that, he can live by himself in the modern world. Maybe not so much in the wild without civilisation to lend him a hand.

Personality: Unlike most teens, Maxwell was raised to always be perfectly polite and gentle to everyone. He's quite intelligent though naïve and he used his intellect to win Pokémon battles, yet not for himelf, but for his mother who he has great respect for. He respects his elders like second parents and other people he's loyal to like loved ones he wants to protect. Recently, he started cursing and gained a meaner streak due to a life-changing event. Time will tell if anything about him will stay the same, like the cute young boy he once was.

History: Maxwell was always perfectly content with just living with his mom in their little apartment in Veilstone City and the main reason he went out to train Pokémon was to pass on the money he won in battles to his mother so she could keep paying rent, which was hard to do even when he went on his Pokémon journey, the other reason why he left home at age ten. His mother had insisted on her buying the best possible equipment and she pulled some strings to get a strong Pokémon to protect her only son. He was determined to pay her back for it. When on his seventeenth birthday he came home to celebrate, a letter was delivered to him and his mother along with a room filling cloud of balloons and a deluxe ticket for the cruise liner. It was from his biological father who had finally succeeded in contacting Maxwell as he claimed in the letter. Maxwell's mother explained she left his father when they were all very young. In a fit of resentment and confusion, Maxwell ran away to board the cruise liner. Then an employee came into his luxurious room and yelled that the ship was sinking and they had to evacuate.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make queries, but um...

Just a question: Are we allowed to have our own pokemon on the island? You didn't mention that part in the text, otherwise I must be missing something.

What are the restrictions for pokemon? How many can we have and can they be fully evolved, if we are allowed to have pokemon...

Erm... sorry if the question sounds dumb... :/

I like this idea. I might want to join after I get the details.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make queries, but um...

Just a question: Are we allowed to have our own pokemon on the island? You didn't mention that part in the text, otherwise I must be missing something.

What are the restrictions for pokemon? How many can we have and can they be fully evolved, if we are allowed to have pokemon...

Erm... sorry if the question sounds dumb... :/

I like this idea. I might want to join after I get the details.

I suppose you are if it helps you decide whether you want to join^^

You make a valid point, as this is supposed to be a Pokémon RP. I guess didn't quite mention it because I wasn't sure how much I wanted to emphasise the 'survive alone together' theme and concept.

It's primarily about surviving, so having your trusted powerful Pokémon team at your side wouldn't make you feel helpless or alone at all. They would comfort you, help you with fighting things that attack you, finding and hunting for food, building shelter and so on. Nevertheless, there are supposed to be Pokémon on the island as every place is inhabited by Pokémon and without them, the 'Pokémon' part would be pretty pointless. There is something strange going on with them though, but I'll get back to you on that in the starting stages of the RP.

Now, you got me thinking. The trainers would probably keep their Pokémon with them and non-trainers probably wouldn't have any, so that's that. Pokémon trainers might've forgot to grab their Pokéballs or lost the one they usually keep outside of their Pokéball in the crowd, chaos and panic that ensued when the cruise liner mysteriously started to sink. Maybe a few days later you'll run into your Pokémon or find a crate having washed ashore containing your Pokéballs, safely locked away in the bagage area, or you find your belt, or there was an emergency release on your Pokéballs so your Pokémon could escape before they sank to the bottom of the ocean.

Anyhow, if you're RPing as a Pokémon trainer, you're probably going to have Pokémon, but no longer have them on when you wake up on or near the island. Or you have some Pokéballs, but the remote location of the island doesn't give you access to the Pokémon network, like in the Deoxys movie (and the cruise liner provided that network to allow for Pokémon battles and being able to play with your Pokémon). Either way, you're gonna have to figure out a way to survive without any personal Pokémon (maybe with only one that you managed to hold onto), at first at least. That doesn't mean you can't capture Pokémon or fight them, but you're going to have to be a lot smarter about it without technology or a Pokémon to protect you. Again, at first. Are you gonna set traps? What about food... what exactly are you going to eat? Perhaps there are going to be Apricots, but you're not exactly a Pokéball maker... unless you are. The ideas keep coming and you've got me thinking, thanks^^

Ow, this has turned out to be a bit long... Long story short, you can have Pokémon when it's logical, but for obvious reasons the mysterious sinking of the cruise liner and all confusion that went with it caused some trouble and you're probably going to have to rely more on your own skills than your powerful trained Pokémon. Unless they're nowhere near powerful, maybe you're a rookie or it's your pet?

I've been pondering all this for balancing reasons, as to not have to throw far greater threats at people who've still got their powerful Pokémon team as opposed to people struggling to not starve on their own.

So yeah, I hope this answers your question and got you thinking about what to do in this RP as well, if you decide to join;)

biggggg5

Bigglesworth
This sounds interesting. I might want to join. Save a spot for me please.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
This sounds interesting. I might want to join. Save a spot for me please.

Sure^^ I like where this is going. Do please post a sign-up soon;)

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
oh right, reserve me too! I'm trying to think of a last name. The rest will be easy (for me) at least.

Woot!

You got it;) Well, that's already three including me^^ sounds promising:D I think the quest for a good concept is over:p

Though I'm still thinking of fishing a bit:p Writing in a RP usually isn't a problem for me, no worries.

biggggg5

Bigglesworth
Here is my first try. Keep in mind that this is only my second rp.

Name: Thomas "Tom" Williams
Description: Tom is only slightly taller then average. He has really dark brown hair that is almost black. He is awfully skinny and not very muscular. He has an abnormal amount of facial hair for his age but he keeps it shaved. His skin is very pale except for a birthmark on his left forearm. He was wearing his favorite outfit blue jean shorts and a plain white t shirt. He always wears his thick glasses as he can't see further than 6 inches without them.
Skills: Tom is (for lack of a better word) a nerd. He is incredibly smart and imaginative often coming up with radical plans others wouldn't think of. He loves reading and read up a whole bunch before setting out on his Pokemon journey. His strategizing and planning skills are completely unmatched which makes him a great battler.
Personality: Tom is very very shy towards new people but once he opens up he is very fun to be around. He is very kind and not very easily angered but when he is he is extremely competent. It just takes a whole whole lot to push him over the edge. But normally he is nice and understanding and great for emotional support.
History: Tom's life was going great. He had just won the orange island championships with his great Pokemon team: an exeggutor named Ereggon, a kingdra named Queendra, a sableye named mysteria, a rhyperior named pearl, an eelektross named geddy, and his starter a charizard named Hotstuff. They prevailed through the tournament by a hair. They would have lost but the opponent's metagross stopped listening to him for some reason. Tom promised a rematch once the runner up reconciled with his metagross. The cruise tickets were part of the prize for winning the tournament and Tom was asleep when the ship crashed and he only had time to grab Hotstuff's and Pearl's Pokeballs. However the dispense mechanism on all the Pokeballs were disabled upon boarding the ship for the safety of the passengers and can't be renabled except at a Pokemon center.

Last edited:

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Here is my first try. Keep in mind that this is only my second rp.

Name: Thomas "Tom" Williams
Description: Tom is only slightly taller then average. He has really dark brown hair that is almost black. He is awfully skinny and not very muscular. He has an abnormal amount of facial hair for his age but he keeps it shaved. His skin is very pale except for a birthmark on his left forearm. He was wearing his favorite outfit blue jean shorts and a plain white t shirt. He always wears his thick glasses as he can't see further than 6 inches without them.
Skills: Tom is (for lack of a better word) a nerd. He is incredibly smart and imaginative often coming up with radical plans others wouldn't think of. He loves reading and read up a whole bunch before setting out on his Pokemon journey. His strategizing and planning skills are completely unmatched which makes him a great battler.
Personality: Tom is very very shy towards new people but once he opens up he is very fun to be around. He is very kind and not very easily angered but when he is he is extremely competent. It just takes a whole whole lot to push him over the edge. But normally he is nice and understanding and great for emotional support.
History: Tom's life was going great. He had just won the orange island championships with his great Pokemon team: an exeggutor named Ereggon, a kingdra named Queendra, a sableye named mysteria, a rhyperior named pearl, an eelektross named geddy, and his starter a charizard named Hotstuff. They prevailed through the tournament by a hair. They would have lost but the opponent's metagross stopped listening to him for some reason. Tom promised a rematch once the runner up reconciled with his metagross. The cruise tickets were part of the prize for winning the tournament and Tom was asleep when the ship crashed and he only had time to grab Hotstuff's and Pearl's Pokeballs.

It's an okay sign-up, not too detailed on the character though. I'm a bit concerned for the character having two strong Pokémon at his side, though it should be difficult for him to release them from it when the Pokémon system isn't online in such a desolate place (see bulbapedia for the deoxys movie if you haven't seen it). It seems a bit cheap and annoying, but it is kinda logical and I've mentioned it because the survival on the island 'together alone' should be just that: people working together, but not being aware of each other at first and trying to communicate nonetheless through inventive ways. If one character has two strong Pokémon that can easily help find food, build a shelter and fight threats, both Pokémon and non-Pokémon, there won't be much surviving. Please elaborate on that by editing your post and sending me a PM so I know you edited it.

For any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM me:)

So glad you decided to do this one! Here's my sing up!

Name: Selena Smith
Description and skills: Selena stands around 5' 4” with long curly orange hair with blackened tips, she tends to wear green eyeshadow and green lipstick. She prefers wearing a long dress with lace sleeves and two belts crossed over her hips, one for her pokeballs, the other for the bits and baubles of her trade. Her trade is witchcraft. Selena is a Hex girl from the Hoenn region, given the right herbs she can alter the very nature of a Pokemon, enhance their strength or even change their coloring.
Personality: Selena is a very head strong girl, she lives by her own set of rules that include treating others the way shed like to be treated, including her Pokemon.
History: What could be a more relaxing vacation than a cruise with your Pokemon? Selena decided that she and her team had earned a week off and treated them to a cruise. It was a lovely cruise, until she was yanked off a lounge chair by a crew member and forced into a bright orange life preserver and pushed into a line. She had never been more glad that she was too nervous to leave her supplies and pokeballs in her room, she had kept them on her hips. So with a few quick commands her Pokemon were back in their balls, the last thing she remembered was the water rushing over her as she plummeted overboard while waiting to get onto a row boat.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
So glad you decided to do this one! Here's my sing up!

Name: Selena Smith
Description and skills: Selena stands around 5' 4” with long curly orange hair with blackened tips, she tends to wear green eyeshadow and green lipstick. She prefers wearing a long dress with lace sleeves and two belts crossed over her hips, one for her pokeballs, the other for the bits and baubles of her trade. Her trade is witchcraft. Selena is a Hex girl from the Hoenn region, given the right herbs she can alter the very nature of a Pokemon, enhance their strength or even change their coloring.
Personality: Selena is a very head strong girl, she lives by her own set of rules that include treating others the way shed like to be treated, including her Pokemon.
History: What could be a more relaxing vacation than a cruise with your Pokemon? Selena decided that she and her team had earned a week off and treated them to a cruise. It was a lovely cruise, until she was yanked off a lounge chair by a crew member and forced into a bright orange life preserver and pushed into a line. She had never been more glad that she was too nervous to leave her supplies and pokeballs in her room, she had kept them on her hips. So with a few quick commands her Pokemon were back in their balls, the last thing she remembered was the water rushing over her as she plummeted overboard while waiting to get onto a row boat.

Seems quite in order;) I'm too intrigued at her being a hex girl to inquire more:p I'd like to see what becomes of this one. I figure you're aware of the restrictions I've placed on owned Pokémon that are strong in that they can disrupt the balance depending on their strength and stuff;) I'll make up a more detailed summary of what I have in mind when I start this RP;)

Seeing as it's steadily flowing in and most RPers have reserved a spot and haven't posted a sign-up yet, we'll wait for a bit;) For the record, I'll be the one that decides if and when it starts.

See you soon!

The funny thing is, Selena only alters other peoples Pokemon. It's how she makes a living, with the exception of her Espeon who wanted to be colored differently. (It's fur is stark white, the forehead gem is a dark blue and its eyes are a pale blue.)

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Here's my sign up, sorry for the wait!

Name: Aron Archer
Age: 14 (is there some kind of age restriction, because why is everyone doing 17? xD Oh well rookie trainer shouldn't be 17 so 14 unless scriptor says no)
Description and skills: Aron is a male teenager that wears a cap and has brown hair, as well as a pair of black eyes. He wears a blue collared shirt and a pair of brown pants, with a small, light backpack and a pair of running shoes. Being a gift from his father before leaving on an adventure, Aron has a unique blue Poketch. He's 5'11" tall and is rather thin.
Personality: Aron is able to cheer up others, but sometimes to the point that people find him irritating. He is intelligent, but on other occasions he tend to "blank out" and may seem dumb to some. He is also rather on the immature side, being rash and sometimes too enthusiastic. However, he is usually optimistic and looks at a brighter side. Also, he does have a huge phobia of bugs and the dark. That's why he enjoys staying in Pokecentres and avoids travelling at night.
History: Aron had lived in City all his life and attends school there for the past 10 years living with his family. When he was six, his uncle had brought him a Chinochou called Latty for his birthday and both of them went along greatly until twelve, where he managed to capture a Cottonee, called Whim, on his own. Those two pokemon were house pets during that time, as his mother was worried due to Aron's rash personality and prohibited from going on a journey until fourteen. When Aron had hit fourteen and his mother had allowed him to begin his journey, his father gave him a cruise ticket to begin his adventure. He brought Whim and Latty along, starting his adventure. During his second night, a female attendant had screamed that the boat was sinking and was knocking on his door, at the time when Aron was eating food and enjoying a novel. Intrigued, he slung his backpack over his back and ran towards the emergency row boats parked at the side of the boat along with Latty and Whim. His last thought was when the ship tilted sideways suddenly and he was thrown overboard into the ocean.

Hope this signup was okay :3 If there was an age restriction tell me

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Here's my sign up, sorry for the wait!

Name: Aron Archer
Age: 14 (is there some kind of age restriction, because why is everyone doing 17? xD Oh well rookie trainer shouldn't be 17 so 14 unless scriptor says no)
Description and skills: Aron is a male teenager that wears a cap and has brown hair, as well as a pair of black eyes. He wears a blue collared shirt and a pair of brown pants, with a small, light backpack and a pair of running shoes. Being a gift from his father before leaving on an adventure, Aron has a unique blue Poketch. He's 5'11" tall and is rather thin.
Personality: Aron is able to cheer up others, but sometimes to the point that people find him irritating. He is intelligent, but on other occasions he tend to "blank out" and may seem dumb to some. He is also rather on the immature side, being rash and sometimes too enthusiastic. However, he is usually optimistic and looks at a brighter side. Also, he does have a huge phobia of bugs and the dark. That's why he enjoys staying in Pokecentres and avoids travelling at night.
History: Aron had lived in City all his life and attends school there for the past 10 years living with his family. When he was six, his uncle had brought him a Chinochou called Latty for his birthday and both of them went along greatly until twelve, where he managed to capture a Cottonee, called Whim, on his own. Those two pokemon were house pets during that time, as his mother was worried due to Aron's rash personality and prohibited from going on a journey until fourteen. When Aron had hit fourteen and his mother had allowed him to begin his journey, his father gave him a cruise ticket to begin his adventure. He brought Whim and Latty along, starting his adventure. During his second night, a female attendant had screamed that the boat was sinking and was knocking on his door, at the time when Aron was eating food and enjoying a novel. Intrigued, he slung his backpack over his back and ran towards the emergency row boats parked at the side of the boat along with Latty and Whim. His last thought was when the ship tilted sideways suddenly and he was thrown overboard into the ocean.

Hope this signup was okay :3 If there was an age restriction tell me

No age restriction at all;) unless it isn't credible. You explained it in a great way;)

Him being a 14-year old rookie that is. The way you use his personality in the last part of his history sounds great too:D

I'm going to wait a few more days in case more people want to join. If not, I'm gonna think about allowing secondary characters, though they can't directly interact with your primary one, naturally.

I'm quite intrigued to see how he's going to cope with being in the dark with presumably all kinds of bugs being around. Do see that you can provide an adequate explanation for your Pokémon to have been released before the Pokémon system supported by the cruise liner went down, if you want to release them that is.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
An update: untill following Thursday, a number of my projects are delayed; hopefully not my fanfics and the 1k swords RP that's already started.

No worries, after that we'll probably start this one and the Code Lyoko RP;) if all applicants have their sign-ups in order at least.

Here, they're all great guys;)