• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Champion! The Battle of Big Eaters!! (1136)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Sometimes it feels the whole "well, we got two protagonists so we have to support our favorite two force and hate the least favorite".

Honestly, I kind of feel of an anomaly because I like both. Sure, I have more of a bias towards Ash but that's because I've known him since since I was like 10-11. But I still think Goh is a decent character all around and I have no issue with him getting more spotlight.

All in all, what I mean is that why choose one when you can have both? :p
Even if you balance the cast there would be complaints anyways because people wouldn't like to wait for long to see things happening. Yeah, I like Goh getting the spotlights, but it's more because I favor companions getting spotlights in general, when most companions didn't have the same amount of spotlights than what Goh has. Sure, when Ash got the spotlights, I'm a little bit disappointed but I'm tend to move on quickly and put my expectations of the show very low, probably because I have other means to entertain myself.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Stupid episode, 2/10 and the 2 is just because Chloe is getting more excited and into pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Honestly that Blaziken not wanting to eat torchic shaped food and instead taking care of the chicks and walking away is probably my fav gag from the series lmao, so well executed
Also I like how they introduced curry in this episode, I kinda forgot it existed and hasn't been shown yet lol
We saw Curry in ep 28. Also don't think it's meant to be Galarian Curry, just the regular kind.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Clearly, that Blaziken would have won, but the contest's creators felt cynical.

I dunno, a part of me believes that TR was the one who come up with this idea to rig the competition.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
>Before heading into the episode my thoughts were "probs gonna be filler with the odd gag sprinkled in."
>Me about 4 mins in: "Hang on, Skwovet's going to evolve here isn't it?"
So yeah, I'm not surprised it evolved given the premise of the episode.

Going in-depth into the review, "What even is a Snorlax? (smile)" were my thoughts after seeing Ash get eliminated Round 1. I didn't even think Dragonite would be a light eater to be fair, but it is a Go episode, so we can sideline Ash here. I will say though, I was more shocked that Skwovet has Bullet Seed rather than it evolving tbph, and honestly using Bullet Seed in Round 1 was a decent strat. When Team Rocket came in with the cookies, my immediate thought was "They're gonna rig this aren't they? Getting the contestants to fill their bellies before the next round." and that almost backfired on them, which I thought was amusing, as was watching Glalie screw itself by freezing a hot dish and then being unable to eat it. I do wonder if the Torchic Manjus were Team Rocket's idea (answers on a postcard please), though seeing Blaziken refuse to eat them, wrapping them in a napkin and gracefully leaving is worthy of winning an Oscar. Morpeko going into full belly mode during the final was such a "Yeah, that'll do it." moment and of course as soon as the insert music started playing, it immediately telegraphed "Yup there's the evolution I was expecting." into my thoughts, but I will appreciate that the prize immediately rolls over to the next episode and we haven't had a Unova episode in a hot minute.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really enjoyed this episode. I was skeptical about the whole Food Eating Competition, but they handled it very well in what ways certain competitors left the competition. Ash should have known Dragonite isn't a heavy eater we've never seen that side of it. Honestly, Gengar might have been a better choice. Team Rocket pitting the top 2 contestants together right away was a smart tactic, I'm not gonna lie, they cheated but it was smart. Speaking of smart, they fasted Morpeko so much it was constantly hangry. I had a feeling like that would be its downfall in the final round and it made sense. Goh being observant on that Muk's tastes and using it against itself was smart as well.

Idk I think it smartly written competition and it showed off Chrysa and Chloe's personalities well as the peanut gallery. Chrysa is a total furry. omg that Blaziken scene with the Torchic food was the best scene in Journeys so far. The people that made that food must have known that a champion Blaziken would be in the competition. Trolls.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Not the best filler ever but quite entertaining. Kikuna being so passionate about the contest was cute and I appreciate the effort of giving her personality. Blaziken hesitating with the Torchic manju was funny as hell, especially with the dramatic closeups. Felt like an AG filler (AG had so many fillers about food) and that was nice. Angry Morpeko is endearing.

But the best part was hearing Unova being mentioned again and again. Thank god; seeing Castelia Cones and the telltale buildings in the preview saved my life.

WHEN BLAZIKEN WAS CRYING OVER THE TORCHICS THAT WAS SO SAD. One of the most emotional and saddest anipoke moments ever!
They removed the violin in the dub