• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Comaster Help / FAQ Discussion Thread

poppoppope

Pokémon Comaster Help / FAQ Discussion Thread

Pokémon Comaster

This is a game that doesn't get a lot of discussion anywhere at all, and a lot of that probably comes from it being only in Japanese. However, there is a loyal playerbase which is evident through online play.

This thread is to act as a place where players of the game, old and new, can talk about the game and help each other out. Hopefully this will get some ground because I really enjoy this game and have been playing it since day one, even though I don't understand a single bit of Japanese. Play Pokémon Comaster people.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
I heard it was released today in North America as Pokemon Duel? But it's not showing up in the AppStore under TPC developer apps?

EDIT: nvm I found it.

Last edited:

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Just me or is this game really rigged against you? Like I was doing that Marill challenge and the opponent got a 70 on Raticate 6 times in a row which made me lose the match. Are the spins random or is there some way to try to get it to land on something?

Interesting idea for a game, but very badly implemented if the CPU just cheats the entire time like it has been.

EDIT: How does one unlock Daily Missions? And are plates one use and then vanish from your inventory? The game isn't very clear with either of these.

EDIT2: Oh and RNG seems to bounce around. Been more fair now minus the earlier incidents. I just don't understand if the spins are random or something you control.

Last edited:

Yatoshi

Can anyone explain to me what the benefit is of letting a Pokemon evolve in battle opposed to just setting the evolved version in your party.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Can anyone explain to me what the benefit is of letting a Pokemon evolve in battle opposed to just setting the evolved version in your party.
I believe it said during the tutorial that they get a +10 attack on all of their damaging moves. So not really worth it since you're unlikely to KO with most unevolved forms minus the Wrecking Ball Pikachu you get during the tutorial and are forced to level up.

I'm wondering how the whole figure thing works now too. In one area it looked like I buy a Booster, I can get any of the Pokemon listed, but in another area it says I'm limited to the bottom tiers until I change leagues and make it to a higher rated one (unexplained how to do this, assume by following the quests/"story" mode?). I'd really like to get some of the Eeveelutons, but it looks like I have to get to a much higher league to even have a chance at getting say a Glaceon out of a booster.

What is also a League Match? It's in the Daily Challenges. I assumed it was just doing quests/story mode, but apparently that doesn't count, unless it's just broken like how Featured Duels are "Futured Duels". Oh and Locked Boosters, what are those again? I recall mention of them in the tutorial but forgot what exactly they are.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del

I'm rather addicted to this game at the moment and have been playing it a lot so I'll try to answer some of your questions.

League I believe is when you just hit 'play' and it matches you with another player. As far as I've been aware, the matches are rather balanced by ranking. I've gone through one promotion already which I think increases your rank but I don't know if this affects boosters or not.

Locked boosters are gained by gathering fragments from winning (or losing) league matches. Three for a win, one for a loss. Ten unlocks a booster. You also win timed boosters when you win a league match and these can vary in rarity. I've had a couple of silver ones and one gold, and I'm unlocking a purple one right now.

Plates don't vanish, but I think you can only use each one once a match. They're part of your deck.

Also, RNG is frustrating at times. I've wondered if it's set against you sometimes, but I just don't know. Other times matches just seem so ridiculously easy, like the game rigs it so you can win. There is one training match I am stuck on since you are given a set deck and I just can't seem to win with it at all. I think I've lost about eight times and I've given up on that one for now lol. You do get prizes for doing training matches though. The icon for it on the home page looks like a pair of curtains with stars between them (if that makes sense. I'm going off memory right now)

Yatoshi

I believe it said during the tutorial that they get a +10 attack on all of their damaging moves. So not really worth it since you're unlikely to KO with most unevolved forms minus the Wrecking Ball Pikachu you get during the tutorial and are forced to level up.

I'm wondering how the whole figure thing works now too. In one area it looked like I buy a Booster, I can get any of the Pokemon listed, but in another area it says I'm limited to the bottom tiers until I change leagues and make it to a higher rated one (unexplained how to do this, assume by following the quests/"story" mode?). I'd really like to get some of the Eeveelutons, but it looks like I have to get to a much higher league to even have a chance at getting say a Glaceon out of a booster.

What is also a League Match? It's in the Daily Challenges. I assumed it was just doing quests/story mode, but apparently that doesn't count, unless it's just broken like how Featured Duels are "Futured Duels". Oh and Locked Boosters, what are those again? I recall mention of them in the tutorial but forgot what exactly they are.

The above poster is correct a league match is when you just click play. My rank was below 1400 and I pulled a Rare Eevee and Jolteon earlier today. That is actually what prompted me to make the post earlier, to decide if I should just use Jolteon or have Eevee evolve.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Well, I tried doing a League match, game crashed when finding an opponent and appears to have corrupted my data or something, so guess that's the end of that. Can't even start the app, just get an error every time and won't go past it.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Well, I tried doing a League match, game crashed when finding an opponent and appears to have corrupted my data or something, so guess that's the end of that. Can't even start the app, just get an error every time and won't go past it.

They were having server trouble last night. I kept getting DCd and the clicks were almost completely unresponsive. They're down for maintenance now, so that might (hopefully) fix the issue. Try later and see if you can get back online =)

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
They were having server trouble last night. I kept getting DCd and the clicks were almost completely unresponsive. They're down for maintenance now, so that might (hopefully) fix the issue. Try later and see if you can get back online =)
Data is still there it seems. I thought the maintenance was supposed to start later, but maybe it started early?

Got back in, tried the League Matches, crashed again and it looks like I'm locked out of the app again. Just does endless Unexpected Errors when booting up now. I think I'm done with multiplayer on this at a minimum. No Daily Bonuses for me I guess. Kinda disappointing almost all of the daily bonuses require multiplayer where I don't even care about competing against other people.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del

That's a shame =( you seem to be having a lot of trouble with it. It could be a time-zone issue. I'm in GMT and I found last night it was having occasional errors but not as severe as the previous night, when during the day it was fine. I guess too many people trying to play at once puts a lot of stress on the servers. They're down again for maintenance so I think they might be trying to fix the problem. Whatever it is they seem to be on the ball with it, so if you can't play any earlier in the day maybe give it a little time until things stabilize a bit more? It's frustrating, I know =( reminds me a little of the initial issues with Pokemon Go.

Last edited:

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Yeah, unfortunately I think I'm just gonna end up dropping this. It's just too hard to play with the servers and just got RNG'd again on the first stage of the second tower in Story Mode. I don't get what causes the game to rig itself against you, but I have enough frustration with Shuffle and Go that I don't need more of it with this.

Spearow should not be able to spin Fly Away 4 times in a row and conveniently get Peck the one time I roll a miss. I had 6 pokemon knocked out, I knocked out 0. Didn't get one favorable spin throughout, although broke even a few times.

r3iKo7

Is anyone playing Duel? I've been playing since it came out, and I like the game a lot. I know it was a bit horrendous when it first came out, but the servers are much better. Anyway, I'm looking for someone who is competitive with mobile gaming. I'm just trying to get better at this game.