• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Contests Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
So think we'll be able to see getting ribbons the same way we see getting badges? Or maybe a little cutscence of us holding it with a little pose like in the anime?

Aetius

My thoughts are that they are prizes though. I don't know what the actual translation of the scans say, but that could give a better idea of what they are. I'm sure everything will be more clear once the main Pokemon sites update with the info.

But for now, the fact they only show Pikachu(All of which are female, which have a special colour tail), and they gave them names, and that they are clearly related to Contests(And each to a Contest stat), makes me believe they are prizes. Of course there can be reasons for it being dress up with the same given reasons for them being prizes, but I just feel it's more likely that they are prizes. I rather them be prizes anyways.

Guess we will just have to wait and see then.
In any case, whetever they're prizes or not, I'm liking the fact that they started dressing up Pokèmon, even if it's just Pikachu for now. :D

Rakurai

I hope they'll at least have some hats, ribbons, and glasses to stick on the other species of Pokemon.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
My planned Sceptile in a Bowtie! GF, make it happen! lol
Other than that, I was kind of hoping the contests would be like they were, With only the Battle-part, but after they introduced 'super contests' in DPpt, as well as the custom Pika's, I highly doubt it.

Creyk

IF this dress up thing is true for all pokemon....I just want a Beautifly with a cilinder on it
Nuff said

IF this dress up thing is true for all pokemon....I just want a Beautifly with a cilinder on it
Nuff said

I can just hear Archie in Team Aqua's headquarters: "Is it too much for me to ask for a Sharpedo with frickin' lasers?!"

I'm hoping that the berry blender game (if it returns) makes use of wi-fi, since I live out in a very rural area, and have no one nearby who plays Pokemon games.

Last edited:

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I'm pretty sure that Berry Blending will return, since Contest have made a comeback. How else would you raise your Pokemon's beauty, cool, smarts, etc? And Poffins are exclusive to 4th gen.

And I hope they keep expanding the online features. The PSS was so useful to me, since I barely know anyone in real that plays Pokemon anymore. Berry Blending, like you said would be very nice. And I hope they bring back Egg Spinning, that was a blast.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I really enjoyed doing the contests back in the day, I had certain pokemon raised specifically for them (my Ninetales could smite all my Beauty contest opponents xD) I do hope that the dressing up thing applies to all Pokémon, but I wonder, since it looks like the Pikachu that are dressed up are slightly different from others (they have black tail tips) May be over thinking it, but perhaps that Pikachu belongs to someone who explains Contests to us ingame?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I really enjoyed doing the contests back in the day, I had certain pokemon raised specifically for them (my Ninetales could smite all my Beauty contest opponents xD) I do hope that the dressing up thing applies to all Pokémon, but I wonder, since it looks like the Pikachu that are dressed up are slightly different from others (they have black tail tips) May be over thinking it, but perhaps that Pikachu belongs to someone who explains Contests to us ingame?

We will get that Pikachu somehow so I doubt it would belong to someone.

Draycen

What if they icorporated Mega Evolution into contests? Could you imagine mega evolving at the start of a round?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
What if they icorporated Mega Evolution into contests? Could you imagine mega evolving at the start of a round?

I actually thought of this. They could increase your points by a substantial amount before the Contests officially begins or something when the audience witnesses your Pokémon Mega Evolving.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I don't think they would do that since it would automatically make some Pokémon better than others in that regard. The way they were done back then made every pokemon start off equally, (ie you could have a Feebas in the Tough competition if you really wanted even though its not exactly tough) so having the Pokémon who get megas be better right off the bat wouldn't feel right.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I don't think they would do that since it would automatically make some Pokémon better than others in that regard. The way they were done back then made every pokemon start off equally, (ie you could have a Feebas in the Tough competition if you really wanted even though its not exactly tough) so having the Pokémon who get megas be better right off the bat wouldn't feel right.

What about dressing Pokémon? It's as fair as that.

Draycen

Maybe Mega Evolution as a more aesthetic thing. "Hey I have this Absol but I want to use Mega Absol"

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
How about Megas in Contests working as a catch-all Condition Scarf? Say you enter a Mega Lucario in a Cool Contest, it would theoretically give the same Condition-Boost as the Red Scarf, and if you enter the same Mega Lucario in Tough Contest later it'll get the same kind of Condition Boost if it was wearing a Yellow Scarf. Since all Pokemon have access to the Scarves and Megas can't hold a Scarf to boost their condition even further, this seems like It'd be the most fair way of implementing Megas into Contests if they were to increase the Pokemon in question's condition.

Draycen

How about Megas in Contests working as a catch-all Condition Scarf? Say you enter a Mega Lucario in a Cool Contest, it would theoretically give the same Condition-Boost as the Red Scarf, and if you enter the same Mega Lucario in Tough Contest later it'll get the same kind of Condition Boost if it was wearing a Yellow Scarf. Since all Pokemon have access to the Scarves and Megas can't hold a Scarf to boost their condition even further, this seems like It'd be the most fair way of implementing Megas into Contests if they were to increase the Pokemon in question's condition.
That makes a lot of sense and keeps it fair.

TBH I actually don't expect to see megas in contests but Gamefreak is full of surprises

shadowF

I think it would be awesome if contests can become a competitive thing and start to be done online! online contest competitions would be sweet! also I do kinda hope we can megaevolve our pokemon during contests, but that may be just because I want to dress up my mega charizard x :)

Status
Not open for further replies.