• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Contests Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If you use Dr. Pikachu instead of Pikachu, does it replace Thunderbolt with Megavitamins? Are the other Electric moves switched with Fire moves?

Last edited:

Aetius

Pikachu really looks cute and funny in those outfits! :)
I wonder if the costumes will be available also for the other Pokèmon though....
It would be cool and it would make the contests even more interesting. :D

Rakurai

Will be nice if they at least let you accessorize your Pokemon like in the musicals.

Sephora

yes I'm back
The Pikachu forms are so cute. I especially love Madame Pikachu. I wonder how many other pokemon can get the dress-up feature thing.

If we can accessorize/dress up other Pokemon like this, not just Pikachu, that would probably sway me enough to consider participating in contests. :)

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Contests are back!! Yay! So the new Pikachu designs....Why are all the tails ending in a black heart? I'm really curious as to what this costume means. Looks like Pikachu is cosplaying. Also, as they are visible in Amie, they must be permanent (or at least semi-permanent) forms, maybe like Furfrou?

lavanda

Really feeling it
Contests are back!! Yay! So the new Pikachu designs....Why are all the tails ending in a black heart? I'm really curious as to what this costume means. Looks like Pikachu is cosplaying. Also, as they are visible in Amie, they must be permanent (or at least semi-permanent) forms, maybe like Furfrou?
I don't know if you know, but for the people who don't, the heart-shaped tail is indicative of female individual. As to why it is black, I guess it is a special Pikachu you're given and you can only dress her up, or you can dress other Pikachu but she's a kind of special one to demonstrate the feature (remember the contest woman from DPPt had a Buneary?). And yes, I believe it's permanent, and wish it to be, I want to use RockerChu in battles.

Nodame

Misty <3
I literally had to scream when I saw this information gliding by through my Tumblr timeline, you couldn't get me any more hyped than revealing various forms of Pikachu. I'm so glad to see dressing up cross over to the Hoenn contests. I hope you'll be able to dress up any Pokemon, not just Pikachu.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The Pikachu forms are so cute. I especially love Madame Pikachu. I wonder how many other pokemon can get the dress-up feature thing.

I literally had to scream when I saw this information gliding by through my Tumblr timeline, you couldn't get me any more hyped than revealing various forms of Pikachu. I'm so glad to see dressing up cross over to the Hoenn contests! I hope you'll be able to dress up any Pokemon, not just Pikachu.

Guys, these are not FORMS. These are just Pikachus wearing costumes, each representing the five Contest categories...

MDS777

The name's Riley
I love the new Pikachu outfits. I hope you can put other Pokemon in outfits, too. Since they can be seen in amie, it reminds me of Furfrou's forms and that they are not just costumes for the contests.

Guys, these are not FORMS. These are just Pikachus wearing costumes, each representing the five Contest categories...

It's a little confusing when Serebii himself stated that they are forms.

lavanda

Really feeling it
While it's awkward, it doesn't seem so wrong to me to call these forms. They are aesthetic changes, it doesn't matter to the game if the Pokémon's physical form changed or it got in a costume, its model has changed. I believe dressed-up Pikas will fall under "form differences" unless multiple Pokémon get to wear costumes.

DanteKoriyu

I don't know if you know, but for the people who don't, the heart-shaped tail is indicative of female individual. As to why it is black, I guess it is a special Pikachu you're given and you can only dress her up, or you can dress other Pikachu but she's a kind of special one to demonstrate the feature (remember the contest woman from DPPt had a Buneary?). And yes, I believe it's permanent, and wish it to be, I want to use RockerChu in battles.

I'm already upset that I can't display a lot of Pokemon in their alternate forms while stored in the box (Castform, Cherrim, Skymin, Furfrou, all Megas, etc), but there is one PokeProblem that irritates me to no end. So whatever the situation is with this/these apparently contest oriented Pikachu, all I hope is that it or they don't end up getting treated like the Spiky-Eared Pichu.

I don't like leaving Pokemon behind, especially "unique" ones. So even if we can't take the outfits with us beyong ORAS, hopefully we can keep the Pikachu as a regular one with the black heat tail or whatever.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wait, so Dr. Pikachu is just an alt of Pikachu and not a separate Pokemon?

I guess that's a better way of handling it...

Ti4558

I wonder if we'll be able to mega evolve pokemon during contests.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I kind of wish that full Contest screen-shots had been revealed because while the various Contest Pikachu are cute, I'm looking forward to the new Contest graphics even more.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I kind of wish that full Contest screen-shots had been revealed because while the various Contest Pikachu are cute, I'm looking forward to the new Contest graphics even more.

Agreed, a two page spread of Contest stuff would have been much better.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Those pikachu looks ridiculous. I want about 50 of them..
This pretty much sums up my feelings.
I need multiple boxes full of them.

I believe they might be "rewards" for winning all the contests of each type.

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
I share the same sentiment as the above, while it's good to see Contests back, there really wasn't all that much information about Contests shown save for five Pikachu corresponding to the five Contest Categories. I just wish I had more information to go on. Well, Corocoro stated that the next issue will give more information on the five Category Chu's, so hopefully by extension we get more info on Contests as a whole as well.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I hope Contests follow the Hoenn format to a tee. Not the Sinnoh Super Contests. Hoenn's contests were addicting and infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.