• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Contests Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I wonder what the Pikachus have to do with contests...and if we get to dress up our pokemon in Amie.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Honestly I hope the clothing is exclusive to those Pikas and that those are just given to you for doing something in Contests. I hated the Sinnoh Contests because I hated dressing up...

Orphalesion

I don't know what these new Pikachu things are, but they are the ugliest and silliest looking things I have seen since Binacle....

sheld999

these pikachuas are in an alternate reality lol nah they not but they do look awesome costumes maybe there more costumes you can buy

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Honestly I hope the clothing is exclusive to those Pikas and that those are just given to you for doing something in Contests. I hated the Sinnoh Contests because I hated dressing up...
Agreed I would rather have non dress up. But it won't make me hate contests as long as they are all over the place in Hoenn and have to do with moves and stuff. Not dancing.

Soberheartless

All the hate on Sinnoh's contests :( Idk, i actually liked the dancing part of Sinnoh (maybe cause I was really good at it) and dressing up is really cool and a feature I've always loved in Pokémon games.

These Pikachu, I need, now *_*

I'm so happy contests are returning. Wi-Fi and dare i even hope, competitive contests maybe?

I've always wished to be a coordinator over a trainer (after seeing the anime) anyway, and maybe this is finally a chance to be Top Coordinator??? [vgc 2k15 battles/tcg/contests]

i hope they integrate battling, and probably not but hopefully move combinations, just anything to make it more like anime contests :D

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
The sinnoh contests weren't that bad people it was different, and the dance and dress up was just two extra things in addition to the regular appeal without the chance to get screwed over by someone bringing you into the black.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
All the hate on Sinnoh's contests :(

I did not hate them. I just like the way contest were done before. If they keep it the same, then add some elements from Sinnoh thats fine. I just like the move uses and stuff like that. I would like it how they did in the show, collect the ribbons using pokemon moves to awe the judges, and then maybe dress them up as well. Then you can get into a finale contest after you get all the ribbons. But one can dream....

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I will do everything in my power to obtain both the Idol and Madam Pikachu. As for contests possibly returning ..... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I can finally live out my dream of being a top coordinator again ..... but hopefully they are actually cool to play and not really stupid (looking at you musicals .... looking at you)

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
Ooh, those Pika's will make great little Contest prizes!

I sort of hope that the dress-up part of the Sinnoh Contests comes back in these games (for the appeals round, I mean) and that we still get the Hoenn type Contest after appeals are done.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Ooh, those Pika's will make great little Contest prizes!

I sort of hope that the dress-up part of the Sinnoh Contests comes back in these games (for the appeals round, I mean) and that we still get the Hoenn type Contest after appeals are done.

See thats something I could go for. If it was that I would not mind dressing up. I just hope we don't lose the move hoenn type contest.

Ti4558

I hope some other pokemon get costumes I know that all pokemon won't get them but there are a few that should get some.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I like those Pikachu. To me, they seem like Mascots for each of the contest categories and they may appear next to the judges during each contest and as people have mentioned before they may be a reward.

I suppose this gives us the opportunity to talk about contests themselves. I have to say I don't mind either normal contests or super contests but if I had to choose I would probably go with normal contests as they had move combos like people have said before. However, I would like them to try and integrate contest battles from the anime.

I really like the appeals round but there was something about the battle round that really caught my imagination in the anime and I hope they can bring it to ORAS. However, I'm not expecting it and really I don't think they will be included either.

Aetius

I was wondering....what if only a restricted number of Pokèmon will be eligible for the Pokè contests and able to be dressed up much like Pikachu?
For example Pokèmon like Clefairy, Dedenne, Emogla, Jigglypuff and so on would be perfect.
I know that many other Pokèmon would be excluded, but they also did that with the whole air battles feature, so......

Last edited:

Rakurai

Hope they redid the Pokeblock system so it's possible to max out all of a Pokemon's contest stats without the aid of other players.

That was one of my biggest peeves about contests originally.

Hasty

Moonside
I was wondering....what if only a restricted number of Pokèmon will be eligible for the Pokè contests and able to be dressed up much like Pikachu?
For example Pokèmon like Clefairy, Dedenne, Emogla, Jigglypuff and so on would be perfect.
I know that many other Pokèmon would be excluded, butthey also did that with the whle air battles feature, so......

I hope this is true. It wouldn't be right to give every new feature( they can't slap on a new Pokemon) to only Pikachu because of it being the Pokemon mascot and bla bla.
Would be great if there are ~20 Pokemon species you can dress up with maybe 3-5 different styles... Pirate Golduck, Queen Ledian, Grumpy Grumpig... things like that. xD
But it shouldn't be limited to cutesy Pokemon (Pikachu, Pikachu-clones, Jigglypuff, Togepi etc).

I totally love all the new Pikachu's, they look funny... (Dr. Pikachu is SO japanese, never thought they would do something like that xD)
That Hard Rock Pikachu artwork is so epic. xD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The fact that I can dress up Pikachu as a nerdy schoolgirl makes me want to use on on my team! I hope these outfits don't have any impact on the actual Battle though..
That being said, I also look foreward to finding out if I can style other Pokemon. Dusclops in a pink tutu? Yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.