• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Contests Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draycen

I really really want competitive contests to be a thing. I want to raise a team for contests. I want the paintings to come back!!

thatdude53

I really really want competitive contests to be a thing. I want to raise a team for contests. I want the paintings to come back!!

Me too! Also huge competitions like the anime. Annually. For example have five national contest per region per year. And the best of the best will be invited to enter the championship contests.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
If these Pikachu are really prizes, I wonder if they are going to be contest-ready, with the stat they represent maxed and with moves of that certain type. I also wonder if they lose their costume if they evolve, or if they are even able to evolve at all. I can only imagine how awesome a Hard Rock Raichu would look!

thatdude53

If these Pikachu are really prizes, I wonder if they are going to be contest-ready, with the stat they represent maxed and with moves of that certain type. I also wonder if they lose their costume if they evolve, or if they are even able to evolve at all. I can only imagine how awesome a Hard Rock Raichu would look!

I don't think these pikachus will be prizes or forms. I believe they will be one pikachu used simply as a tutorial for contest, amie, and dressing up. The reason it has a unique black marking is probably to indicate that it's a one and only pikachu that the contestant will eventually go against in the master ranks. However don't get me wrong, I'd love these as prizes. They are just so damn cute.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just had a thought.
What if these Pikachus were rental Contest Pokemon, for those without Contest-ready Pokemon?

Since we saw screens of them being on the Amie, then obviously we have them in our possession.
Perhaps we can pet and play with them as long as we don't leave the Contest Halls.

Draycen

I still think they'll be prizes to keep, or one Pikachu that can dress up but not evolve (like the spikey eared Pichu)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I still think they'll be prizes to keep, or one Pikachu that can dress up but not evolve (like the spikey eared Pichu)

Or like AZ's Floette... wow this is becoming a major trend isn't it?

I just had a thought.
What if these Pikachus were rental Contest Pokemon, for those without Contest-ready Pokemon?

Since we saw screens of them being on the Amie, then obviously we have them in our possession.
Perhaps we can pet and play with them as long as we don't leave the Contest Halls.

That seems extremely pointless compared to forced rental Pokémon in PokéStar Studios, as the whole point of Contests is to raise your own Pokémon and put them into challanges like in battles, not go through pre-scripted events(at least, not for the original contests. The Super Contests had some of that with the dancing round and the clothing section).

Rampharos

So it seems to me that since the Pikachu things are seen in Amie the change is not limited to contests. My theory is that winning the highest rank of a contest will unlock a model change for your pokemon. I think that they will only be this detailed for Pikachu but all pokemon will get one.
Perhaps other pokemon will get a ribbon stuck on their model or something like angry eyebrows for tough rank, glasses for smart rank or something like that.

We have seen something like this before. Pokestar studios could give all Pokemon are sparkle animation.

(this is just an opinion on a possibility)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
"Pikachu appears on stage wearing an elaborate outfit! Is this some kind of Contest Hall?"
Pretty much confirms Contests. I can't wait to learn more about them next month!

Britney123

What a stupid idea... Pikachu looks ridiculous lol

Contests in RSE were amazing... I loved the battle aspect...

I wish they were like in the anime though... Do the appeal round and then battle that would be so fun!!!!

Glaceon2000

I personally liked the contests in Gen 4 better than in Gen 3. I hope they do a mix of both Gens, or do something different (I would like to see contests like in the Anime). The is this some kind of Contest Hall? line pretty much means that contests will be in it.

Thure

I personally liked the contests in Gen 4 better than in Gen 3. I hope they do a mix of both Gens, or do something different (I would like to see contests like in the Anime). The is this some kind of Contest Hall? line pretty much means that contests will be in it.

It's either confirmation... or big trolling.

Baby V Alex

The new entrance for contest are great, closer to the anime.

Aetius

I'm glad that in August we will know more about the new contests. :)
I do hope that they will tell us if those costumes are Pikachu-only or, something much more plausible, also for other Pokèmon. :D

Draycen

I would love to think that seals will come back and be used in the grand entrance.

shawn_o1

No, I don't see GameFreak re-introducing appeals to the contests, because that would mean every Gen V and VI move needs to have a "contest appeal property". Oh, and condition is unnecessary now because Feebas doesn't need it, it's got the Prism Scale

Rawbee

No, I don't see GameFreak re-introducing appeals to the contests, because that would mean every Gen V and VI move needs to have a "contest appeal property". Oh, and condition is unnecessary now because Feebas doesn't need it, it's got the Prism Scale

Well when they introduced it in Gen III all moves before then and for that gen had to be given properties, why would it be so hard to do again?

Status
Not open for further replies.