• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Contests Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
The contests are definitely starting to look a lot more like the anime contests, which I enjoy. Although I feel they're a lot easier to compete in ORAS, which is fine by me. The ones in both RSE and DPPt were tedious and slow paced.

Also, the remixed music in the Contest Hall is my new jam from the games. It's a tons more up beat and rocking.

There's a ribbon you can win if a Pokemon wins Master in all 5 categories. Gulp.... I hope that's easy to do. Gotta find the right Pokemon, for starters.

What helps is you can use different moves for each contest. I did that with my Latios. You might consider using a Pokemon that can mega and have it hold its stone. If you get the crowd maxed out your Pokemon will Mega Evolve and also earn extra hearts ( I think 3 ).

PokeMaster366

To get the Lucarionite from Lisia, I had put extra efforts in boosting my In-Game Pokemon Team on their five aspects: Cuteness, Smart, Beauty, Tough and Cleverness, using different Berries via Berry Blender. Before that, I did think that it's quite a complicated process to boost the Pokemon. But, in fact when you collect enough of berries, the process can be easy.

My In-Game Pokemon Team is Swampert (holding a Swampertite), Lopunny (holding a Lopunnite), Altaria (holding a Altarianite), Glalie (holding a Glalitite), Shiftry and Chandelure. For now, I had achieved Master Rank on Toughness Contest, Cuteness Contest and Beauty Contest, all thanks to Swampert, Lopunny and Altaria respectively. This left my Smartness and Cleverness Contests!! I try to boost Shiftry's Smartness, Glalie's Coolness for my future Contests! As for Chandelure, hmm...I am trying to boost all of its aspects using a Rainbow Pokeblock!

The special appeal surprises me! And I did capture some of the nice images from my Team and Game-Sync in my GTS! :)

Smart tips: Try boosting to the Max in terms of what you want to participate, you will ease and heighten the chance to win to the Master Rank.

Smarter tip: Don't bother with making blocks for a specific contest division. Just keep making Rainbow Pokeblocks. There's really no difference in terms of the boost an individual stat gets from a specialized block.

cobaltempoleon7

I'm sure it's been noted but winning contests seems to be the least tedious way to raise affection now, although I was a little annoyed when I found my gardevoir and breloom had maxed affection and were haxing everything, since I hate having those kinds of advantages, even over ai

Banana Bloodplanet

Does it tell you when you max out a contest stat? I've been feeding Red Pokeblock+ to my Absol, and when I look at the chart its coolness doesn't seem to be going up anymore or if it is, it's by very little (nature isn't an issue since it's Adamant), but I was never notified that it was maxed out so I don't know if I should keep feeding it or if I'm wasting berries.

Does it tell you when you max out a contest stat? I've been feeding Red Pokeblock+ to my Absol, and when I look at the chart its coolness doesn't seem to be going up anymore or if it is, it's by very little (nature isn't an issue since it's Adamant), but I was never notified that it was maxed out so I don't know if I should keep feeding it or if I'm wasting berries.
from what I've noticed, when a Pokemon's Contest Condition is maxed out, that Condition will have a white glow/shimmer around it (around the word "Cool", for example.)

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
Smarter tip: Don't bother with making blocks for a specific contest division. Just keep making Rainbow Pokeblocks. There's really no difference in terms of the boost an individual stat gets from a specialized block.

Yeah true true. You're right. Update my status on my Contest, I had gotten my Lucarionite. The feelings when I gotten the Mega Stone is priceless, the efforts and the wondrous of my Pokemon team! :)

So with rainbow blocks can you max out all aspects on 1 pokemon?

phanpycross

God-king
What about the mega altaria special animations we saw in the trailer, are those unique from mega to mega, or is it the same one?

So with rainbow blocks can you max out all aspects on 1 pokemon?
you can max out every condition for every Pokemon anyway - feeding them Rainbow Pokeblocks will just make that happen faster.

Rainbow Pokeblock increases all conditions around 1-3%
Rainbow Pokeblock+ incases all conditions around 6%

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/pokeblock.shtml

What about the mega altaria special animations we saw in the trailer, are those unique from mega to mega, or is it the same one?
I haven't used any Megas in Contests yet myself, but for regular Pokemon (and possibly Megas as well), that special animation is based on their type and the type of Contest. for example, a Fire-type participating in a Coolness Contest will have the "Splendid Inferno" animation, while a Fire-type in a Beauty Contest will have the "Exquisite Inferno" animation (and so on).

blob

Where is the money? The game expects you to have 100,000+ Dollars by the time you reach Mauville, yet most trainers I fight give you less than 1000. How am I supposed to make money? What's more, is that my Pokémon are already over leveled and I'm worried that the E4 will be beaten with real ease. What happened to difficulty?

phanpycross

God-king
Where is the money? The game expects you to have 100,000+ Dollars by the time you reach Mauville, yet most trainers I fight give you less than 1000. How am I supposed to make money? What's more, is that my Pokémon are already over leveled and I'm worried that the E4 will be beaten with real ease. What happened to difficulty?

Not sure what this has to do with contests???

Difficulty has been gone for a while, blame the EXP share being broken AF.

Navarch

I was suprised that my Magnemite's affection went up after feeding it Pokeblocks/Participating in Contests...

Which is the one that does this and also was this known?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
For those who use Pokémon who can Mega Evolve; do you prefer to use the Mega Stone or the associated scarf when performing ? I don't know if I should be giving my Gardevoir a Green Scarf or a Gardevoirite to hold when I'm entering a Contest. The Green Scarf gave me so much points during the Appeal Round, though (that is, in a Hyper Rank Clever Contest). :p

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
For those who use Pokémon who can Mega Evolve; do you prefer to use the Mega Stone or the associated scarf when performing ? I don't know if I should be giving my Gardevoir a Green Scarf or a Gardevoirite to hold when I'm entering a Contest. The Green Scarf gave me so much points during the Appeal Round, though (that is, in a Hyper Rank Clever Contest). :p

You can only make use of your Mega Stone if you happen to excite the audience to max during your performance. So it relies on luck.
I prefer the scarf more since you're guaranteed points.

Just do combos and you'd do well with Gardevoir without a Mega.

shadowF

thought it was awesome how they did contests this time. Making us battle Wallace in contests is awesome and adds more for us to want to do contests. Also liked how they gave lisia a rival which was chaz, although would have liked it if his name was drew or if he had a roserade as a nod to pokemon advanced generation. anyone know if we can still challenge chaz,lisia and Wallace in pokemon contests even after we beat them?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Man, these contests are a joke... They're way too easy.
I've been working on all Master ranks with my Greninja, since he's my ribbon collector, and even if I suck in the skills part, I still win.

They weren't this easy as far as I remember, if I recall, I had to make special pokemon for specific ones, and they were a PITA.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I Just can't wait too see what certain legends contest-appeal moves are like (though as they are dependent on type they might be similar to others of that type)

I did contest with Kyogre and it does the same thing as other Water types during a max appeal. Still it's a funny idea to show of the beauty of a Legendary that almost destroyed the region the day before :p

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
The first time I did a contest in ruby I won.

The first time I did a contest in alpha sapphire I got 3rd place and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.