• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Contests Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I flopped in my second Contest; my poor Feebas couldn't even win a Normal Rank Beauty Contest even though I fed it Blue Pokeblocks. Contests have always tested my patience.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
i'm really into contests. i only need to win the cute contests and i won them all then. i caught a sandshrew for it and am very confident i'll win the masters with it.
i won coolness with mightyena,toughness with swampert,cleverness with cacturne, beautiness with shiny bellossom.

anyways...what is a good pokemon to win all the contests

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
Just got done beating Lisia! I used Cosplay Pikachu in the Beauty Contest and beat her on my first try... But not by much! I got lucky and got the fifth star on the very last round, which pushed me just a little past her in the results. This contest was also the last one Cosplay Pikachu needed to be a Contest Star! Now she has that cool sparkly ribbon animation before battle... Love it! I really hope they keep developing Contests and include them in future games. It's nice to have something other than battling.

I still would like them to be a tad more challenging though! I swept all the Master Contests with Pikachu without losing once. Lisia was the only one who came close. As long as you have all the stats maxed, give them a bow and have 2-3 decent moves for the category, these are a breeze.

SiLeNtDeViL609

High Five The Sky!!!
Does anyone have a good moveset for aerodactyl so I can use him in a clever contest, I have no idea what to do

aerial_ace

Beat all contest master rank with my buddy jungle b (sceptile) he now has a cool animation sweet.
Also I wonder whats your guys favourite special appeal animation?? The only one I dont think I seen is steel but so far I love ghost(evil ritual) and bug(transormation) my least favourite is fighting

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
The other day I beat all the master rank contests and beat lisia with my shiny latias and I must say it is so beautiful send her into battle with the sparkles and the ribbon animation. I already beat the master ranks before with my cosplay pikachu but I needed to win each one 2 more times for the museum. I must say that the contests seem much easier this time around compared to what i remember from sapphire.

Rakurai

Finished the Master Rank Toughness contest with my Hydreigon recently. She's a perfect fit for both the Dragon and Dark type spectacular talents.

It really doesn't feel possible to lose to anyone other then Wallace or Lisia if your Pokemon's contest stats are maxed out and have a halfway decent moveset.

On a side note, moves like Thief that copy the appeal of the previous Pokemon are way too good.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Never won a Master Rank contest, I got all the way there with my female HA Delphox in a Beauty contest of all three ranks, but lost to a freakin' Zubat in the Master Rank.

Rakurai

My Hydreigon became a Contest Star, and went on to completely dominate Lisia in a Coolness contest immediately after.

I was thinking she'd be more of a challenge after the comments I've heard from some, but I had a significant lead in both the visual and talent rounds.

_Serena

Does anyone know what effect Morning Sun has in contests? The description just says that it's all in the timing, but I don't know what the right timing is (other than being used right after Sunny Day).

Rakurai

Does anyone know what effect Morning Sun has in contests? The description just says that it's all in the timing, but I don't know what the right timing is (other than being used right after Sunny Day).

This is also something I really can't seem to get a grasp on.

The only thing I've noticed is that it definitely has something to do with how your Pokemon's appeal went in the previous round, as I've seen it yield differing amounts of points despite being used at the exact same time both in terms of turn order and what round it is. It gives as much as eight points if it's used at the perfect time, so I'd love to figure it out...

DBoyWheeler

Legendary Seeker
Um, I am kinda confused about the contest halls in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

[Note: If this has already been brought up, I apologize in advance for making a repeat.]

Is it same as the original versions (Normal Rank in Verdanturf, Super Rank in Fallarbor, etc), or are all four ranks in each of the contest halls, just with different variations?

Izumits

Pokemon Lover
I'm curious about something, what is the chance of making a PokéBlock+, does anyone know? Oh and if you use a Beauty move in...say a Cool contest, does it always take away an excitement point?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm curious about something, what is the chance of making a PokéBlock+, does anyone know? Oh and if you use a Beauty move in...say a Cool contest, does it always take away an excitement point?
Chance is higher if you use rarer berries (e.g. all Spelon should basically give you + blocks). See this for more info on that: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/pokeblock.shtml

And only some types in specific contests will take away an excitement point, e.g. clever in cool (beauty is neutral). They're all listed here: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/contests.shtml

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I beat Master Rank twice but I still haven't went against Lisia. What gives?

How do I go up against her?

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Chance is higher if you use rarer berries (e.g. all Spelon should basically give you + blocks). See this for more info on that: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/pokeblock.shtml

And only some types in specific contests will take away an excitement point, e.g. clever in cool (beauty is neutral). They're all listed here: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/contests.shtml

To sort of add on to the question about Pokeblock+, does the chance stack? As in, if I use a Shuca and Coba Berry, does it increase my chance as opposed to using just a Shuca or Coba berry? I've noticed some berry combos have always yielded me a PokeBlock+ (Not using Starf or Lansat) and sometimes using just one has with three common ones yields them most of the time. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a flowchart that actually has the ratios or something? Starf and Lansat berries take a LONG time to grow, and you can't trick the system by moving the clock forward either.

Status
Not open for further replies.