• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors (Season 13) Dub Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If it is 7, then thank gosh. Then no more 6am business. @.@

But that part, with the episode info including the time, got me a bit confused now.

Torpoleon

Well, we will know soon enough which one is correct. If DP168 doesn't air at 7 AM Eastern Time, it would more than likely air at 8 AM Eastern Time. It's not a big deal, but we will know soon enough what will happen.

Torpoleon

And the fact that Ben 10 is on right now. I'll add this important information to the first post.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
And now, we are in 180s *Yay!*.
[IMG139]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_dp/images/episodes/180_2.jpg[/IMG139]
DP180: "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!"
Airing on: November 6, 2010

Source: CN Schedule

Note:
The title makes sense to me. It comes from the first line of Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken," "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood." In the case of Pokemon, there are four people going their separate ways (Dawn, Kenny, Flint, and Jasmine), and they all leave each other at the port.

Remarks: Wouldn't it be good if they just give the entire summary in the title? Gosh! I totally hate this one. :(
But liked the way how they took it from the Poem.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
[IMG139]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_dp/images/episodes/180_2.jpg[/IMG139]

Wow, Dogasu understood this episode's title pun? That's mighty impressive; considering he seems to have more knowledge of the Japanese puns. Anyway, I don't really understand the pun of this title myself, even with that explaination, but it's what I'd come to expect from TPCI at this point, so there's nothing about it that's too special. I'll give my impressions on the title anyway, since I'm already here.

I suppose this title does a good job of making a reference to Dawn and Kenny and how both characters are going their seperate ways, despite both having had the same dream of one day becoming Top Coordinator. I think it's a sad way to end Kenny's run in the anime, and it actually makes me sad to see him go. He wasn't even my favorite character, but at least he was good for a laugh. I hope his English VA delivers a good performance.

Last edited:

adyniz

Bulbapædist
Wow, Dogasu understood this episode's title pun? That's mighty impressive; considering he seems to have more knowledge of the Japanese puns. Anyway, I don't really understand the pun of this title myself, even with that explaination, but it's what I'd come to expect from TPCI at this point, so there's nothing about it that's too special. I'll give my impressions on the title anyway, since I'm already here.

I suppose this title does a good job of making a reference to Dawn and Kenny and how both characters are going their seperate ways, despite both having had the same dream of one day becoming Top Coordinator. I think it's a sad way to end Kenny's run in the anime, and it actually makes me sad to see him go. He wasn't even my favorite character, but at least he was good for a laugh. I hope his English VA delivers a good performance.

Well, Dogasu is a genius person after all, the head of bulbagarden. It's impressive, no doubt :)

Torpoleon

Awesome, nice to see us in the 180's. It was a nice reference to a poem as well.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast

Note:

Remarks: Wouldn't it be good if they just give the entire summary in the title? Gosh! I totally hate this one. :(
But liked the way how they took it from the Poem.

I quite like this title and its not just because I like the poem. "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I took the one less travelled by..."

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I really like the title, it's quite fitting (of course). Im really excited for this episode still:

Kenny's final send off, and JASMINE. :D I can't wait to see her, and hope that Ash/Brock remembers her. Likely though. :p

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Sorry, but he's not a genius for understanding the pun. Anyone who's payed attention in an English class should know it.

American English Class, we don't study it in my country.

Torpoleon

Now you guys are starting to stray slightly off topic. It barely is starting to sound like you guys are talking about DP180's Dub Title.

Maybe whomever figured out what the episode title was a pun off either googled it or just happened to come across it sometime in his life.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I get my answers from the Trivia section in each episode for a dub title. :p But I dont think we exactly are though Torpoleon, we are discussing about the title/reference to the title after all. x3

Torpoleon

This title seems pretty confusing at first but I like it because of its creativity.
The title for what? Are you talking about DP180's title or the Season 13 US Title (please don't be, this is for talk about the Season 13 Dub Episode Titles)?

If you are talking about DP180's title, I like it too. I didn't understand it until I saw what the origin behind the title was from.

Niri

DP180's title. Sorry for not making that very clear. I also found it very confusing at first but now it makes more sense since I know where they got the name from and how they created the title.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
[IMG139]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_dp/images/episodes/181_1.jpg[/IMG139]
DP181: "Bucking the Treasure Trend!"
Airing on: November 13, 2010

That's a pretty long dub title there; it's become the norm now. I've noticed that they seem to be getting longer by the episode for some reason. I guess TPCI likes to put it's anime staff to work. Anyway, it looks like they decided to make a pun on the COTD's name which is always a pleasant little quirk. As for the rest of the title; it's pretty standard TPCI dub material.

It's a pun on how there's a treasure hunt in this episode. Neat and to the point, which is always a plus in this world of overly-complicated title puns.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
That's a pretty long dub title there; it's become the norm now. I've noticed that they seem to be getting longer by the episode for some reason. I guess TPCI likes to put it's anime staff to work. Anyway, it looks like they decided to make a pun on the COTD's name which is always a pleasant little quirk. As for the rest of the title; it's pretty standard TPCI dub material.

It's a pun on how there's a treasure hunt in this episode. Neat and to the point, which is always a plus in this world of overly-complicated title puns.

I think it's taken from the phrase (or whatever), Buck the trend.
Well, I like this title :D

Status
Not open for further replies.