1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Direct Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pokémon Direct Discussion

Hey guys

Just posting this to discuss the Pokémon Direct that's happening today to free up the news thread

US Stream: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/
    EU Stream: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
    Japan Stream: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/pokemon/direct20130108/index.html
    Australian Stream: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

I also will be live posting about it on the site, with screenshots and everything

Don't be spammy. This thread will be closed when we make specific forums for the reveals

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  2. mockingjay

mockingjay swift and turn

So main 3DS games will be revealed in an hour's time. What is everyone expecting we'll get?

Footage? Logo? Titles?

3. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

So close my stomach is feeling bleh

4. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

I feel completely and utterly miserable...why? I have to leave exactly 15 minutes before Direct starts. I'm...I'm gonna cry. Why did my court date have to be today? At least my boyfriend is going to watch it for me, and call to tell me exactly what it is, but I want to see with my own eyes! One hour and seven minutes by my clock.

5. Roxas The Deaf

Roxas The Deaf the deaf trainer

Logos and titles i think

6. halloweenghost

I would be completly estatic if they manage to show any footage if it is gen 6

7. y1y

y1y Member

Don't know if this means the news is aired ahead of any other time zones or not, but the Australian website claims that the footage will be aired at 9pm AEST, which is about 5 minutes from now. I don't know if this is true or not though seeing as the Japan footage is scheduled to air about an hour later? Any thoughts/clarification?

8. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Also added in the australia stream: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
    Maybe. Unless they think we all live in queensland which is an hour off iirc. =/

9. t67443

t67443 Beginning Trainer

Logo and template footage like all other first release videos of a new game showing off they system and style of the game as well as some characters and Pokemon. Definitely a logo or 2 will show up as well as a seasonal release range we will say either fall or winter.

10. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Under normal circumstances, nothing but Titles and Logos.

In a post-Nintendo Direct world? In 2013? For a 10-minute direct? Well, we may get a developer interview.

11. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

Maybe Japan will get it earlier too. Australia is only two hours behind Japan and its 9.00 now.

12. t67443

t67443 Beginning Trainer

They really gonna have Iwatas talk for 8 minutes and just show logos for maybe 2 minutes?

13. halloweenghost

1 more hour..

Milhouse: we are through the looking glass here folks...

14. O Fortuna

O Fortuna Velut luna.

They're right, NoAu are just idiots. It will air at 9pm AEST. However, the eastern states are currently using daylight savings time. 9pm AEST is 10pm AEDT. Nintendo seem to be working off GMT, but have neglected to take daylight savings into account.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  15. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

lets hope something mind blowing will happen

16. kangle4

kangle4 Swans and Hammers

Australia is two hours ahead, it's on at 10pm here.

17. mockingjay

mockingjay swift and turn

Queensland and Western Australia are an hour off, but it's strange considering Nintendo AU is located in Melbourne. But it'll be 10PM for us as usual most likely.

18. water trainer

water trainer Knuckle Trainer

its daylight savings here in new zealand and we're 3 hours ahead of Japan, does that mean 11pm isn't the time its on here but 12am I have to wait to?

19. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Its in 1 hour everybody. so nuff talk about time and stuff.

20. y1y

y1y Member

My thoughts exactly. Seeing as its about 9:05 now here in Melbourne without any sign of the stream playing. Bah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.