1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Direct Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iris Mist

Iris Mist Hylian Princess

There's still time for them to change their minds. Although it never happened with a pokemon game, games have been delayed for different reasons in the past. If we do end up getting it in October as promised, that means just 1 year from the release of BW2.

I much prefer having it released in October, I can't wait to play. The graphics look awesome.

2. GeoFerocious

GeoFerocious Total Bull

I agree with Fennekin possibly being Fire/Psychic (based on the secondary move it used against Kirlia). And, sorry if this was already referenced in the discussion, but Chespin is supposed to be a hedgehog - based on its Japanese name, no?

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mononoke

4. ysmr97

ysmr97 Well-Known Member

I think this Generation is based off of midwestern America and Native American culture.

-Chespin- Chestnut/ small american rodents (beaver, squirrel, chipmunk, etc.)
    -Fennekin- Red Fox (rich in Native American History)
    -Froakie- Frog/ Toad

Legends:
    Both the legends are based off animals prominent in Native American folklore: the Vulture and the Deer/ Elk

5. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Isn't that supposed to be Lugia though? Well it's never mentioned in the main games but it is in side games and the 2000 movie.

6. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

Just what types are the cover legendaries? I'm thinking the Y one might be something like Dark/Flying or Psychic/Flying and the X one... I'm less sure. They don't particularly look like typical Dragon types to me, though, and seeing as the past two main games have had Dragon covers... maybe time to break the pattern?

7. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

And where's the Eiffel Tower in America?

It's France.

Fennekin is a fennec fox.

Time to break the pattern. It started since Emerald and it's really tired.

8. darthscyther123

darthscyther123 Well-Known Member

This will be the first time that Kanto hasn't appeared in any game in a generation. There's no Kanto in either Gen 5 games.

9. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Thank God for that, we've all had enough of Kanto. At least I have.

10. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

\its definitely france, i doubt they would do another america

11. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

I don't think it's really DNA themed.
    More like the Three-Dimensional Space. X, Y, and Z.

Notice that X Legendary is land related (x-axis), while Y is sky related (y-axis).

12. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

There couldn't be more truth in this statement.

But what of the DNA symbols in the Japanese logos?

13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DNA helixes in the logos. It's your entire daily recommendation of double/triple meanings packed into two letters.

14. I like what we got so far. I call dibs on the Fire Fox.

15. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Oh don't get butthurt about it.. -.- I just thought that you didn't know about chromosomes, so I explained it. I know I had a hard time with Biology back in highschool, so I just thought I'd say that I hope that you get it..

Me too.. But to a lesser extent, I'm kinda saddened that it looks like it may end up getting the same type as my second favorite pokemon: Shiftry

But that's basically because it showed Solarbeam and Night Slash/ShadowClaw in the Direct.

All mysterious pokemon that will appear in a movie, but aren't revealed yet, in merchandise are called Pokemon X as far as I've known.. Also, we had the Zoroark movie that was called Phantom Champion Z for a while..

No oldfashioned sprites make me a sad nostalgia panda.. Really sad..

The bird can still be a dragon if they wanted it to be.. But yeah, hopefully no more then 7 dragon types on box covers in a row (remakes not counted).. That's good.

Rayquaza to Kyurem was the reign of the dragon basically.. :S

Wait why!?! The Dark (and Steel-type) were invented just to make the life of Psychic-types harder because they were OP in GenI, and would still be today if it weren't for that. Ghost and Bug would be the only other counters.

Now that I think about it.. The immunity was necessary because there still weren't that many good Bugs/Steel/Darks/Ghosts in GenII.. Scizor being the best none-Dark-type Psychic-type counter.. And other counters being Tyranitar, and to an extent Skarmory and Steelix (because it's SpD isn't as good as its Def). Murkrow wasn't any good, Sneasel wasn't any good, Gengar wasn't any good and weak to Psychic eitherway, and Houndoom was mèh at best.. And then there was Misdreavus.. -.- Most Dark-types were mèh, so that immunity was almost a necessity in countering Psychic-types for them.

Now those types are widespread, so lifting the immunity could work, as long as it remains not very effective though..

Ahh.. Remember the days when we thought that Oshawott would turn out to be part Ice as well? xD

Grass/Fire-type for the win! Selfroasting nuts! :D

Because the Psychic-type is more easily counterable these days, and back in GenII the Dark-type still sucked because it was pre-Physical/Special-split and most Dark-types were physically inclined? Sneasel? High Attack stat, but worthless with those stabs and dat SpAtt stat. -.-

Better stats but Blaze instead of Drought.. I know which ability I would take over some stats that can be overlooked when Drought gives you a way of diminishing Water effectivity, powers up your moves, and if your smart: Set up the rest of your team (Chlorophyll sweepers, Solar Power sweepers, Cherrim getting that boost).

Why?

But Pikachu is on the REAL Eiffel Tower in Paris when it shoots that Thunderbolt. It could be the Tokyo Tower, but the video speaks volumes to me. Why would Pikachu be standing on the real Eiffel Tower in France, if they were going to put the Tokyo Tower in the games? That makes no sense.

16. streetlightdsb

streetlightdsb Uni hiatus

I also got strong Dark type vibes for Y. Both could be anything at this point, but I thought X seemed like a Psychic type.

17. hawkeye721

hawkeye721 なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

will you be able to transfer pokemon from gen 5?

18. tayetayetv1

tayetayetv1 Well-Known Member

CHESPINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

I`m chossing him as my starter this gen. reminds me of my first pokemon ever Oshawott. This should be an epic game.

19. ysmr97

ysmr97 Well-Known Member

Now this will sound stupid, but it could be the 2 axises. Rememver how the Y shaped one was in the sky? and the X was on the ground?

20. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

i suspect they would have started development on this as soon as they got the dev kit for 3ds. Time after bw would not be enough to get this level of 3d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.