• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Chesepin is an awesome name, and an awesome pokemon. Also hints that its likely gonna get spikier evolutions, thanks to the pin suffix. If no one got his name its Chestnut and pin, like the ones that prick you on the outside of an actual chestnut.

Koh

Tamer
Okay, first of all, to the people already complaining about people who are giving dislikes already: There's never going to be 100%. As long as you all claim to have been Pokemon fans, you should know by now that not everyone is going to fangasm over every single thing that happens. That said I'll break my list into sections:

Pros
-Finally a first 3D full badge-collecting game.
-Pokemon are actually going to feel like creatures and not cut outs.

Cons
-It's on the 3DS, of which I don't know anyone around here (my neighborhood/college campus) who has one.
-The Pokemon STILL don't follow you around like in HeartGold/SoulSilver? There's no excuse for not having it this time, especially considering that the world is now 3D, and they have individual models for each Pokemon anyway.

Etc
-X and Y? What happened? Did they run out of colors/metals/gems?
-Why does the male protagonist resemble Black so much? The girl looks somewhat new, but the guy looks way too much like Black.
-Chespin is my favorite of the three. In fact, this is the first time I preferred a grass starter.
-I'm not getting this. I don't own a 3DS, and 3 games (Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Dragon Quest 7 remake, and one of these) are not enough to justify buying that thing. I'd need at least 10 solid games I'd want before getting a system.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I think the skates are just the best thing ever. Hopefully we get some skate music like we had bike music. I guess my favorite starter is Fennekin because I have a soft spot for the canine pokemon. I guess it's all down to their evolutions. I really love tough and savage looking pokemon so we'll have to wait and see.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
logo.png

DNA helixes in the logos. It's your entire daily recommendation of double/triple meanings packed into two letters.

Wow. I didn't notice that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
But I still think that it's also related to the 3D space too.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Since we can actually see the sky for once in a main-series game, the day/night transitions are going to be spectacular. The graphics will really give the developers a chance to introduce much more atmospheric environments to enhance the gameplay ^^

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I think the skates are just the best thing ever. Hopefully we get some skate music like we had bike music. I guess my favorite starter is Fennekin because I have a soft spot for the canine pokemon. I guess it's all down to their evolutions. I really love tough and savage looking pokemon so we'll have to wait and see.

noooo the bicycle music was so irritating. from red to black 2 all were irritating. i hope the music doesn't change when u take the skates

Andraste

Best Pokemon news ever!

I already know I'm getting the X version because that stag is gorgeous, and as with Tepig I decided on Fennekin the second I saw it. Vulpix/Ninetales has always been my favourite Pokemon, but I love Fennec Foxes and am delighted to have another burning vulpine to add to my collection!

Now they just need to reveal some new Eeveelutions and I'm going to have half my party decided.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As awesome as pokémon XY are, I'm starting to wonder whether to buy them or wait for the third installment to come out

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
More like X and Y will match the theme of the story, just like how when they "ran out of colours" for BW it actually turned out that the titles matched the story and theme of the legendaries perfectly.

BCVM22

-The Pokemon STILL don't follow you around like in HeartGold/SoulSilver? There's no excuse for not having it this time, especially considering that the world is now 3D, and they have individual models for each Pokemon anyway.

There's plenty of excuse, as it was a novelty at best. It was fun, certainly, but why people still act like the fact that it hasn't shown up since is the omission of an absolutely essential element is puzzling, at best. That the game looks like it does now is even less reason to have it out there, as the 3DS no doubt has to do a lot of work to keep the overworld running smoothly. Why waste previous system resources on a novelty?

You're asking if they ran out of... the varied and largely unrelated titles they've used previously?

-I'm not getting this. I don't own a 3DS, and 3 games (Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Dragon Quest 7 remake, and one of these) are not enough to justify buying that thing. I'd need at least 10 solid games I'd want before getting a system.

'kay.

slowkingsley

Alright I agree that it is the Eiffel Tower and the region is based on France/Europe.

As for the starters Chespin is based on a chestnut and a hedgehog /porcupine. Google images for chestnut and the inspiration behind this idea will make sense.
Fennekin is based on a Fennec Fox.
Froakie is obviously based on a frog but the English name isn't very helpful in distinguishing what type of frog, so I'm working to see if the Japanese name gives any clue.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

No, since it was never stated that every Gen had to be named after a color/metal/gem. Hell, the mere fact that there are names from colors AND metals AND gems should prove that there really is no predetermined pattern.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Why have I got the sound track to Jet Set Radio in my head?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
As awesome as pokémon XY are, I'm starting to wonder whether to buy them or wait for the third installment to come out

I don't think we can even speculate the introduction of a third version until we get our hands on the games and see if there's a third legendary to catch in the region which hints at the X and Y Pokemon being part of a trio rather than a duo.

rocky505

I like how the legends don't seem to be as advanced looking as the DPPT ones or the BW/B2W2 ones.

ysmr97

The france-theorists are correct! If you look closely in the beginning of the trailer, Pikachu is standing on the Eiffel Tower when he shoots his electric waves!

Status
Not open for further replies.