• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I got up later then I wanted, but I guess it's not that big deal when the video was mostly about the history of Pokemon(Maybe I'll watch it later).

But oh, generation 6, not really surprised by it, just surprised by the names and pretty much everything about the game.

Names-X and Y? Not sure if there is any deep meaning to it(Oh wait this is Pokemon...of course there is, the, what I assume are the Legendary Pokemon clearly are designed to represent X and Y, but all I know about X and Y are they are axis and chromosomes I don't know though if either of those two are really meant to represent anything here though), but I wanted them to take a different turn with the names(After Black and White there really isn't any colours I think would have been a good name, just wouldn't feel right going from Black and White to...Orange and...Purple, I don't think I would be too crazy about colours like that regardless, Red and that worked because they were related to the starters. Gems and whatever I didn't want either, I didn't feel that would really be moving forward either. X and Y is different though so I like it, still not 100% sure what it's suppose to represent if anything besides just letters, which I'd be fine with). I wonder if Pokemon Z will happen, oh no, I can't start thinking that now argh give me generation 7 argh no I haven't even gotten generation 6 yet...I WANT GENERATION 33 ALREADY DARN IT!!! I think I may like Pokemon just a little much.

Starters-I'm actually pretty interested in these, not full fledge crazy over them, but once I see the rest of their whole thing I think I may have my first generation where I could like all the starters a lot(Never had an issue with any of them, but I never really favored Starters for the most part). I don't want to jinx it(I don't care...) but I'm doubting the Fire type will be part Fighting this time, who knows though. I do want to know their secondary types if there is any for them or their evolutions, which I could see happen and not at this point. The names I have to get used to, I have no problem with them, just need to remember what they are and stuff.

What is probably Legendary and if not then...just another surprise-I like them, not really sure what to say other then I like them...a alot...I'm getting both games I already know. I'm pretty certain on a Legendary that will have "Z" worked into it...unless they want to surprise again.

World-It looks different that's all I have to say...the battle scenes are more detailed now which is cool, it feels more realistic now. I'm not really crazy about the way people look though, I'll have to get used to that, maybe I just need to see some non-clones though, the gym leaders and that could look interesting. I'm disappointed with the player characters, well the male at least, he has long hair again...I WANT BALD DARN IT, it's not a big deal to me though. Maybe you can custom a little though. Looks like a Bug gym is probably going to be here(Spider web), I'm thinking maybe Psychic too(That one with the room coming together seems...a little to abnormal), not sure about that Fire room, looks more Elite Foury or Championy(Not necessarily a Fire one). Aside from the people, which I may end up not minding afterwards, I like it.

Well I guess that's it for interesting surprising stuff, wonder when it's being released...oh October of this year, yah I figured that, wonder when it will come to Canada...probably when it comes to US, which maybe can be for December that would be nic-wait...WORLDWIDE!? FORGET WHAT I JUST SAID, WORLDWIDE IS AWESOME, no more waiting(Although 3 months wasn't as bad as how it used to be, but no months is better)-So it'll be a worldwide release, I think that's awesome and...kind of obviously once you realize the thing was broadcast worldwide, I think it's nice that they'll start doing this, I assume it will stick so long as it works out...which it of course will.
Ok now that's it...for now.

My post probably isn't going to get read now since there's probably a 100 pages a second here(Even if there isn't a 100 pages yet...exaggeration).

I want the games now though.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
It's been three.

Yes. Generations I and II were both three years each. There's nothing at all out of the ordinary here.

It just feels shorter because of BW2 having been released just last year, for me anyway. I just bought White 2 in October, Black 2 in December, now we get Gen 6 revealed? I imagine North America will get the release in March, unless GF decides to release them worldwide at the same time (I highly doubt that)

An00bis

Wicked Witch
If Fennekin doesn't get an additional typing, then there will be little to no reason to use it when we have Drought Ninetales.. -.-

Better Stats.

Ninetales is barely average, and 2nd Stage Starters have better stats then most 2nd Stage Pokemon.

Manene!

Not only do I hope at least one of rivals is a massive jerk, but I hope we can lose against them. It's not much of a rivalry when you beat them every time you battles. Like if you do beat them every time, that's fine. But if the rival(s) do gain:the upper hand, I hope you don't have to go to the PokeCenter, comeback, and battle them until you finally win.

The same with Gym Leaders, if you lose, when you comeback they should say something like, You're back? Are you sure you're ready this time?"

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Grass/Dark: SE to Fennekin's Psychic, Immune to Fennekin's Psychic, and weak to Froakie's Fighting-type
Water/Fight: SE to Chespin, but weak to Fennekin's Psychic
Fire/Psychic: NE and weak to Chespin's Dark, but SE to Froakie's Fighting-type

While with the traditional types, it's the reverse..

Grass > Water > Fire
Dark < Fighting < Psychic

If Fennekin doesn't get an additional typing, then there will be little to no reason to use it when we have Drought Ninetales.. -.-

I rechecked the video your suggestion kinda seems plausible.
Chespin's second attack reminds me of Night Slash for some reason, and they both have the color scheme of black and purple.
Fennekin's second attack seems to be some form psychic attack. Kinda looks like Psychic or Psybeam.
Froakie's Second attack is a melee attack. Probably fighting or maybe just some random normal move.

foxxface

Chespin is the biggest surprise, I'm not sure what its based off of besides a chestnut. I'm thinking Grass/Fighting. Froakie is cool, I hope its part Poison since it would give it some nice typing. I know its early but I already want evolutions for these guys. Also, the deer pokemon was really cool, Im guessing its a Legendary.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Chespin is the biggest surprise, I'm not sure what its based off of besides a chestnut. I'm thinking Grass/Fighting. Froakie is cool, I hope its part Poison since it would give it some nice typing. I know its early but I already want evolutions for these guys. Also, the deer pokemon was really cool, Im guessing its a Legendary.

chespin is a chipmunk and a porcupine.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Also from the trailer, I think there may be, a fire type elite member because of the flames that go up in that room, and probably a bug-type gm leadear, because of that puzzle.
Or it could just be a really elaborate Fire type Gym? I dunno. But definitely a Bug Gym which is exciting!

And as other people have been saying since Gen 6 buzz began, these games are making me buy a 3DS. Which is probably good because my two DS Lites are broken but still functioning due to dropping them, etc. I wonder if the 3DS will be even cheaper [than its already significant price drop] around Fall when X & Y are released? I'm just thinking about when to buy it. Or maybe I could just ask for it for my birthday, idk...

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I just think that it will be more fair for psychic attacks to at least hit dark pokemon IF it is true that they are doing the psychic<dark<fighting<psychic.

I highly doubt they are going to change a Type mechanic this late in the game(gen 6) the only other time they did that was in Gen 2 and they removed Poison-Types advantage on Bug-Type. But you never know.

Axel.

It just feels shorter because of BW2 having been released just last year, for me anyway. I just bought White 2 in October, Black 2 in December, now we get Gen 6 revealed? I imagine North America will get the release in March, unless GF decides to release them worldwide at the same time (I highly doubt that)

Both games will be released worldwide in October 2013. He said that in the livestream. They may not come out all in the same day but at least in the same month they will lol

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Very exciting!
Looks like it's based on France and the big city will be based on Paris.
Starters look quite interesting, especially the fox and its psychic like attack but the frog also looks cool to me, not sure on the chipmunk like thing since it looks weird like it's wearing some kind of grass suit.
Looks like we get roller blades or maybe even heelys, which will be awesome and different.
I like the quick glimpse at what appears to be a bug gym and possibly a fire elite four and maybe a psychic gym or elite four, very interesting and bug gyms are always awesome.
Can't wait to see more and more info throughout the year but this time no chance for spoilers beyond the news reveals thanks to the awesome worldwide release!
I was guessing the first (main) pokemon games on 3DS would reference 3D in their names and would probably do it by combining the names and it looks like taht's probably true, since if the third games is Pokemon Z then they have the 3D space co-ordinate system referenced. :p

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
And the spriting resource has effectively been demolished~

Status
Not open for further replies.