• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionKT

*cough*
Pretty happy with everything but how many frog/toad pokemon do they want to make wow

including froakkie, there will only be 3 frog/toad evolutionary lines...

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm glad to hear that the music used in the trailer (which is presumably going to be the title music) sounds fully orchestrated like Gen V's title themes. Of course, it doesn't sound nearly as ominous or as foreboding as B/W2's; it sounds a lot more dynamic and upbeat. Makes you think about what sort of musical style will dominate these games.

dman_dustin

Viewing the trailer on the eShop is awesome. Graphics look much better, not that it matters but still they're pretty smooth, the starters are awesome, and the game is probably too. Also the region is likely france, or west Europe at best, the regions architecture screams it, and Pikachu in the beginning standing on the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a giveaway.

I don't see it on Eshop, unless it's a different Eshop than mine.

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
I agree on the first three types, they seem logical, too bad that we already have two of those types covered multiple times, albeit two by legendary pokemon..
- Grass/Dark: Shiftry and Cacturne
- Fire/Psychic: Victini and Darmanitan Zen
- Water/Fighting: Poliwrath and Keldeo
It doesn't matter if we already have those typings or not. They are still capable of doing it if they wanted. I'm not jumping onto the train and saying that they will be. All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter AT ALL if those typings already exist as long as they can make new Pokemon out of them.

Try to keep a bit of an open mind on the subject, instead of tossing out the possibilities just because the typing has already been used.

BCVM22

im expecting a big genwunners lash against the names X and Y.
personally, i love it ! its cool

You know that the extent to which they appear is directly proportional to the extent to which you talk about them, right? Just from you alone we're already going to be inundated.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
I feel so stupid for letting myself from getting excited over this. I was just blown away from watching the trailer I hoped that it would be in 3d. I expected an announcement and release time frame I did not expect in game footage the starters and the box cover legends. The legends look absolutely incredible especially the bird. I like all the starters I didn't like all the starters at first for Gen 5 didn't like snivy at first.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The Grass-starter looks like Oshawott...

Anyway, I'm just getting into the fifth generation (but not the sequel), and now here we are with Generation VI. Guess that's great news... I mean, they're having an entirely new look altogether, looks like we'll actually get to see the Pokémon fight like how they did it on Pokémon Stadium...

Still don't know what to say about this. I don't even have a 3DS to begin with due to how freakin' expensive it is, so chances are when I actually do get a 3DS to get both Black 2 and either X or Y, they'll have made a third installment (which it'll probably be Pokémon Z or something to that extent), or a new generation, which sounds likely... again.

To think the Pokémon species will be up in the 700s by the time the games come out... oh good Lord... it's so overwhelming...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well Reshiram was in Black for more of Story purposes and if you think about it even though Reshiram was the mascot of Black, the game more revolved around Zekrom

And the same can happen here, but either game that I get it in, I'll get that first.

I have a sad feeling the fire starter is just going to be a ninetales ripoff.
As for the legends....I'm glad they are not dragons. But they both look kinda sinister.

Also roller blades FTW!

I think the X one looks elegant and wise to me and it reminds me of Arceus.
Wow, the sprites are finally over and done with :/ And this is acually the first gen in a while we've had withought the OP dragon concept.

What if they are Dragons. The X one also reminds me of Dialga, who is a Dragon type.

My thoughts:

Pokemon featured in:
I personally don't like the look of the starters. They look kinda weird. But, I will probably choose Chespin or Fennekin. (Maybe not use them like Pokemon B/W2?) Anyways, I think when they are fully evolved they will be these: Chespin: Grass/Fighting Fennekin: Fire/Psychic Froakie: Water/Ground(?) Also, the two legendaries(?) I do not like the look of :p

3dessness: The battles look good, but I don't like the overall moving. And the trainer for that matter.

Gyms: I think there will be a Fire type and a Bug type. I think those should be confirmed. The other Gym we saw looked either Normal or Psychic.

What I think is to happen: I know it's a long shot, but the region will look like Paris, France like they did to Unova with NYC. Also, I think Hidden Grottos make their return (Pikachu scene, not Paris one)

Or the fire thing could be the league?

foxxface

I think France is a great inspiration idea for the game, although I personally was hoping for something set in South America.

darthscyther123

The stag legendary (assuming X?) does resemble the musketeer legendaries from BW.

If they are related, then perhaps the bird Y legendary is related to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
All the architecture in the region (what we've seen of it) is also much more resembling of Paris than Japan.

They're using foreign places now. Unova was New York, new region is probably France.

Masuda has hinted this recently on Twitter. He chose to greet France in the New Year, his current twitter Avatar is him and the Eiffel tower https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda

I'd say that it's most likey going to be based on Paris. **** I've just creating Fake map art, haven't I?

BCVM22

If they are related, then perhaps the bird Y legendary is related to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres?

Would that make a ton of sense, to take one of the spotlight critters from the here and now and tie it in to a trio from seventeen years ago?

The one time they did introduce an actual "trio master", its three underlings were only a generation old.

that actually makes sense.

No it doesn't.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
im expecting a big genwunners lash against the names X and Y.
personally, i love it ! its cool

There are already posts about it on the 9gag vote page (I know, ew 9gag blah blah blah)

Sarefan

Hylden General.
The stag legendary (assuming X?) does resemble the musketeer legendaries from BW.

Oh, that sounds like a pretty idea!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Just saw the news when i woke up. (Jaw drops)

So I was right about Gen 6 but was surprised they were going 3d style a-la Super Mario RPG. Although I always imagined it. But heck, it would make since for the 3DS.
The names took me by surprise. X and Y? No more colors. It's definitely time for change.

The starters, meh. But the Legendaries...Damn. That Deer-like looking one quickly reminded me of a similar creature from an old anime movie i saw when I was younger. Can't remember the name of it but I remember someone cut its head off and it turned into a evil headless spirit or something..

Can't wait. 2013 is already shaping up to be a good year already. Lots of other good things happening right now.

Plus: Guess we don't really need a new 3D style Battle game for the Wii U now. Thought it still might be nice to see 'em all in full 1080 HD and their moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.