• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

w1pN0gG.png
Moving discussion to here so that the other threads aren't spammed like crazy. It'll be closed following the Direct

A Pokémon Direct has been announced for today. This Pokémon Direct is due to air worldwide at 4am PDT/7am EDT/12pm BST/1pm CET. We do not currently know the contents of this Pokémon Direct but we'll have everything live tomorrow

Japanese Link: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20130904/index.html
US Link: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/09-04-2013/
UK Link: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

DryBones

Event Collector
I'm hoping we see more footage of explorable areas and terrain (caves, mountains, forests etc. I kinda like how they haven't shown us too many of the new Pokemon but enough to keep people interested. Gonna feel like Red/Blue all over again :p

thefirstcarter

Dragon Tamer
fingers crossed for starter evos!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really hope they reveal the Kalos Starters' evolved forms. I've been waiting for them for months to be honest. Also, like someone said, I'd love to see more terrains and possibly some more information about Team Flare; I feel like they're still so mysterious and I'd really like some more concrete information about their organization.

Aetius

I'd like to see Fennekin's evos. I'm just a bit nervous that they might mess it up and it'll look awful. Hopefully not though. Vulpix->Ninetails was pretty sweet.

Instead I hope that they won't show the starters' evo.
But I agree with all of you about the rest. :D

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Excited! Hurry up Nintendo Direct!

Sorry to go off Topic,if I order the games off Amazon or a similiar site,doesnt it usually get delivered the day before? Only reason I ask is because my housemate has had games the day before official release in stores

thefirstcarter

Dragon Tamer
I remember back in January when X and Y were first announced. Look how far we gotten.

Anyway I'm expecting some more footage showcasing new areas, one new Pokémon/MegaEvolution and Dream Battles.

Dream Battles? did I miss something? is that gonna be a thing??

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
As long as we get a New Pokémon, or a New Mega, I will be happy, since reveals of New Pkmn is the biggest thing for me. ^^ But I do expect a fairly big amount of info, mainly on Megas and some new maybe unannounced Features.

I also expect Sakurai to make a second Pic of the Day with a Pokémon character right after (for Smash, I mean), haha.

I'm not expecting much, prolly just the starter evo's along with maybe an event legend and more battle footage. Along with some extra hyping just to remind us it's right around the corner.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Now that others mention it I guess it might not be in Nintendo's best interest to showcase completely new Pokemon; I mean they've already revealed tons and they probably want to keep a few secret. I think they'll probably stick with showing more in-game mechanics like mega evolution, which I still dislike but I can't deny that it's got a lot of people interested.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Now that others mention it I guess it might not be in Nintendo's best interest to showcase completely new Pokemon; I mean they've already revealed tons and they probably want to keep a few secret. I think they'll probably stick with showing more in-game mechanics like mega evolution, which I still dislike but I can't deny that it's got a lot of people interested.

Well, with Black and White, about 50 of 156 Pokémon were revealed Before release, and this Gen seems to be a big one, too. They have plenty of Pokémon to reveal without revealing too much. ^^

EDIT: The Direct will be about 20 Minutes in lenght.

DryBones

Event Collector
I'm not expecting much, prolly just the starter evo's along with maybe an event legend and more battle footage. Along with some extra hyping just to remind us it's right around the corner.

I think they could show us anything and everyone would still go nuts. The hype train is on full steam ahead :p

Hoping it will be good watch though, I'm personally not entirely on board with the Mega Evolutions thing, but its still early days. No doubt they'll show us at least 1 or 2 more of those.

thefirstcarter

Dragon Tamer
No other word was mentioned about it besides apparently being something new to the games.

where was it mentioned? could you point me to the source it it's not too much trouble??

Status
Not open for further replies.