• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!

-The XY Site

Just transfer all the Pokémon you want during the trial period and you don't have to pay a cent. Besides, I'm sure Game Freak thought long and hard about charging for this service. I'm certain that a circa $5 annual (as in, per year) fee is only what they deem absolutely necessary to beef security on this service and cover development and maintenance costs. Game Freak has never intentionally screwed us in terms of money in the past, and I highly doubt that they'd begin doing so now.

DSDark

Breeder
I was disappointed by the direct. We got the information we were expecting, how to transfer between gens and that was it. I personally don't like mega evolution and have no intention on ever using them so the new megas were a waste of time for me.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
3) Perhaps some of you aren't old enough to know this, but Gold/Silver & Crystal had no way to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So its not the first time cross generational trading hasn't been in-game.

I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.

-The XY Site

Just transfer all the Pokémon you want during the trial period and you don't have to pay a cent. Besides, I'm sure Game Freak thought long and hard about charging for this service. I'm certain that a circa $5 annual (as in, per year) fee is only what they deem absolutely necessary to beef security on this service and cover development and maintenance costs. Game Freak has never intentionally screwed us in terms of money in the past, and I highly doubt that they'd begin doing so now.

You don't consider $15 for Pokedex 3D Pro "screwing people over"?

Last edited:

SprSncConzor

aurath8 said:
Hey guys. There's a free trial period for Pokemon Bank shortly after release. If you desperately want your pokemon to be transferred then do it during those first few weeks/months and never look back.

thetamale said:
It's 500 yen a year in Japan - that's about £3.

Couldn't say fairer than that. I'm in.

dman_dustin

I don't think they'll pull something like forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon. There must be an option for transferring then straight to X or Y using but not actually storing them on the cloud.

I sure as hell hope so.

I mean I like the idea, however there needs to be some kind of free method of some kind, since I doubt I will use this "cloud" idea very much. I want directness, if I want my Pokemon stored on the internet, fine, and for future generations, fine, but I don't want to deal with that right now.

Although if I get a job, I won't care about it as much.

Fennekin1

Wait, I'm confused. The news said that we will have to pay for bank storage and that it will come with Pokémon transporter. Does that mean there will be a separate app called Pokémon Transporter for transferring Pokémon for free?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Thank you Serebii. :)

So for those not mathematically qualified to know this;

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)

What is that in American Dollars (a roundabout number)?

Floette

Fennekin
I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.

free trial

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Thank you Serebii. :)

So for those not mathematically qualified to know this;

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)

I've had two 3DS' for about a year (ever since the 3DS XL came out). So it wasn't going to be any extra cost to me initially. Oh, just like PokeTransferring USED to be.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
I'm ok with the fee and grateful there's a free trail if I just want to speed transfer my gen 5 mons.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I'm glad i'm not really that much into transferring all my pokemon to the newest game. So i won't be using the bank with its annual charge. yes, its not much, but i still dont see the value in it, i'll just train the pokemon from new and trade for the ones not available in the x/y games.

DSDark

Breeder
Wait, I'm confused. The news said that we will have to pay for bank storage and that it will come with Pokémon transporter. Does that mean there will be a separate app called Pokémon Transporter for transferring Pokémon for free?

Poke transporter is the app that will allow you to transfer pokemon from be to poke bank. Once there you can transfer over to xy

Chris-kun

i still believe
I've had two 3DS' for about a year (ever since the 3DS XL came out). So it wasn't going to be any extra cost to me initially. Oh, just like PokeTransferring USED to be.

#1stworldproblems

Not everyone has or can even afford a second 3DS, so they'd be SOL without the service that costs infinitely less.

But YOU are all prepared so the service should cater to YOU and your ability to have two 200 dollar consoles readily at your disposal

SprSncConzor

Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?

Aurath8

Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?

Yes, I don't think there's anything stopping you from using this as a means of mass trading.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

I would assume so yes. It would be rather humiliating if the service couldn't trade to and from 6th generation games.

Status
Not open for further replies.