• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?

Yes, you can send while boxes to your bank and then access it from another game

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Okay, I am seriously flipping out over the news :D.
Not only do we get transferring, but we get a cloud-like storage system that allows people like me who only have 1 3DS to trade between X and Y!
I am so very excited for this. (even though part of it is paid....). But who knows? It could really be worth it.

I knew that I would wake up to good news.........................................:p.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

That has possibilities. Of course Infrared Trading is just as easy but will see if I use it that way.

SprSncConzor

DSDark said:

This is beautiful. I can now purchase the download version worry-free, full knowing I can use the bank to move any Pokemon I want to any new games that come out!

Looking back to when I first got Platinum and I had to move my Pokemon from Diamond through trading (and catching many Bidoofs and Starlys in the process), this is a dream come true!

Of course the question now remains if items can be transferred from Gen V to Gen VI. I somehow think the answer would be yes, as long as Game Freak have learned from their item index mistakes between Gen IV and V!

:D

Sponge

If the annual fee is something like 10 Euros I might be interested in renewing it yearly and actually using it. If it's any more than say...20 Euros I think I might find it hard to justify year after year.

thetamale

If the annual fee is something like 10 Euros I might be interested in renewing it yearly and actually using it. If it's any more than say...20 Euros I think I might find it hard to justify year after year.

500 yen is like roughly £3, €4, $5. If the prices are uniform it's a dirt cheap service people.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
500 yen is like roughly £3, €4, $5. If the prices are uniform it's a dirt cheap service people.

Not too bad. So what still don't understand. Is Pokemon Bank online as in its something on your 3ds (that you get in the E-Shop) that connect to the internet or online as in like the Dream world where you have to log on to a webpage.

SmartD

The new Poke Bank and Poke Teleporter thing is neat. The only thing that puts me off is the annual fee, but $5 a year can't be that bad.

The Mega-Evolutions of the Kanto Starters are pretty good.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Not too bad. So what still don't understand. Is Pokemon Bank online as in its something on your 3ds (that you get in the E-Shop) that connect to the internet or online as in like the Dream world where you have to log on to a webpage.

It is an eShop app that accesses the cloud through the 3DS. No webpage required (although I'll bet there'll be some way to check it on the Global Link).

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
It is an eShop app that accesses the cloud through the 3DS. No webpage required (although I'll bet there'll be some way to check it on the Global Link).

Good. That means all I will have to do is get a Eshop card at my local story to pay for it. I don't like doing credit card stuff online for things like that because you don't know who is on the other end recieve that information.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
The new Poke Bank and Poke Teleporter thing is neat. The only thing that puts me off is the annual fee, but $5 a year can't be that bad.

I agree with you here. The $5 a year is not too bad.
But again, I really love these ideas.

thetamale

I still want to know how this hack check works, it's the only thing that could put me off. How does it decide what's legit? As I've said I've used a lot of WPM codes but if I breed them is the egg recognised as legit or what? I know it sounds dumb but I have no idea how this works. Single player problems.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well isn't there an alternate way to utilize Pokemon Bank. I mean if some people are worried about the cost then they can just share the cost it along with there friends for a single account.
Or else ask a friend to help him transfer his pokemons from the 5th gen to 6th gen by first trading his pokemon to that friends 5th gen game who would upload it to his account and then transfer it to his 6th gen game and then trade it back to you.
I know thats a long and round-about way, but that is still a possibility for those who can't pay for Pokemon Bank.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.

Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.

I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Oh my goodness people, there will be a trial for the Poke Bank that lasts until Jan 31st, transfer all your stuff by then and shut up, it's only 500Yen which is about $5, wow if thats too much for you then maybe you shouldn't buy the games in the first place.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
very interesting reveal to come home on my lunch to lol

I bet MidnightFennekin is seething right now as he was trying to pin point holes in the rumour which im guessing has just proven itself to be true! :D

Mega Blastoise YES! love the design love everything about it!

also not to sure about having to pay yearly for the bank? also id like to know if the pokemon you send to it are transferable to all Gen 6 games or if you have to pay yearly for both if you have 2 games?

also great to know they are finally cracking down on hacked pokemon (though not sure how this will affect competitive play) but I guess this will even out the playing field a bit now as people will have to work to get good IV's and wont be able to transfer hacked pokes

Status
Not open for further replies.