• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
free trial

Doesn't help me because I don't use transfers in that way. I transfer my Pokemon as needed.

Hell, I even have a lot of Pokemon still on 4th gen.

Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.

Do you need to pay to use Poke Transporter? I've been getting conflicting information on this since it was announced.

I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.

It's extortion because they're taking things that have been originally been free and putting a price tag on them. That decreases the value of the game.

Last edited:

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
very interesting reveal to come home on my lunch to lol

I bet MidnightFennekin is seething right now as he was trying to pin point holes in the rumour which im guessing has just proven itself to be true! :D

Mega Blastoise YES! love the design love everything about it!

also not to sure about having to pay yearly for the bank? also id like to know if the pokemon you send to it are transferable to all Gen 6 games or if you have to pay yearly for both if you have 2 games?

also great to know they are finally cracking down on hacked pokemon (though not sure how this will affect competitive play) but I guess this will even out the playing field a bit now as people will have to work to get good IV's and wont be able to transfer hacked pokes

$5 annual fee, for all future games as well, mentioned in video.

Doesn't help me because I don't use transfers in that way. I transfer my Pokemon as needed.

Hell, I even have a lot of Pokemon still on 4th gen.

So sad, once again its $5

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
[ACE] Zero;16356162 said:
So sad, once again its $5

It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I suppose the only reason to have the bank is store pokemon on (which is great if you want to move pokemon around) but for all those people who just want their Gen 3/4/5 Pokémon just pay once upload then cancel your sub (you will get a year of transfer out of it at least)

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.

Bet you dont complain with DLC of other games, it's not like this is a new thing in video games, if you can afford the $40 for the main game its optional to pay $5 for an extra feature that is not part of the game, you are paying for a feature that makes for expanded gameplay..sound familiar?

Kratos The Pokemon master

As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.

So , you would rather catch hundreds of spare Pokemon and trade them one by one to transfer your Pokemon from a previous game ?

If you're able to buy a second 3DS then 5$ A YEAR shouldn't be too much.

And there'e always the free trail if you want a one time use.

I really like how the PokeBank allows you to transfer entire boxes without having to waste PokeBalls or time.

No more having to catch a whole bunch of Patrats for the sake of getting my old Pokemon into my new game.

edu1987

Cmon people, how many of you paid $15 monthly to play that mmorpg for years... now you guys are complaining to pay $5 a YEAR to have your beloved pokemons available until you die... cmon...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
[ACE] Zero;16356175 said:
Bet you dont complain with DLC of other games, it's not like this is a new thing in video games, if you can afford the $40 for the main game its optional to pay $5 for an extra feature that is not part of the game, you are paying for a feature that makes for expanded gameplay..sound familiar?

It's not expanded gameplay, though. We've had cross gen transfers in every game since DP.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Considering ive never traded between generations, Pokebank shouldnt be a big deal for me.

Did make me realize though, that i wont be able to trade between X and Y like i was planning on (Only have one 3DS).

When do we recieve the Kanto starters though?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
$5 is really worth it. We;re talking about a hack-free and secure cloud storage.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
For me it's not about the money but about the principle. In fact, I know for sure the majority don't even care about those 5 dollars.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Then take advantage of the free trail for the first couple of weeks/month, and never use it again problem solved. Honestly though your complaining about being charged an annual fee of $5(annual means Yearly btw). If your willing to spend $40 on the game $5 shouldn't be such bother you at all.

Kyubeon

Legendary Master
Do you think cloned pokemon will be caught by pokemon bank? Are they considered hacks?

I do not kno. I for one use only shiny hacks. (just because I was curious of what they looked like and didn't kno this site existed then) but I caught them normally they were just shiny. and does this "gimmck" only work for pokemon obtained in the black and white games? I would assume so since cheats from previous version work differently than current ones. all my "hacked" pokemon came from DPPt. hmmm I just kno if they don't let me get my shiny mewtwo (which may or maynot be legit as I got him from the GTS) imma rage.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Seriously starting to hope this thread gets closed before it descends into anarchy over the Pokémon Bank annual fee. We've all stated our opinions on it, now it's turning into a game of proving whose opinion is right...

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
It's not expanded gameplay, though. We've had cross gen transfers in every game since DP.

Like I said, it's $5 Annualy, can't afford that? Ok, It's optional, when you own a franchise you make the decisions.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Then take advantage of the free trail for the first couple of weeks/month, and never use it again problem solved. Honestly though your complaining about being charged an annual fee of $5(annual means Yearly btw). If your willing to spend $40 on the game $5 shouldn't be such bother you at all.

Problem not solved. Cross gen transfers have always been free forever, suddenly adding a price tag to them is extortion.

And like I said, the trial doesn't help because I transfer stuff as needed.

[ACE] Zero;16356214 said:
Like I said, it's $5 Annualy, can't afford that? Ok, It's optional, when you own a franchise you make the decisions.

It's less options for the same amount of money, that's the problem.

ebevan91

Oh it's only $5 annually? That's not bad actually. I was considering just using Pokecheck or whatever to transfer my Pokemon like I do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.