1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Shuckle

King Shuckle Don't be daft

Poke Transporter requires Pokemon Bank in order for you to use it. Essentially, you use Pokemon Bank to store the Pokemon you get from the listed DS games via Poke Transporter. It's a separate function, and you don't pay for it separately. The only thing you pay for is Pokemon Bank annually.

McDonald's had free ranch dressing packets in my city for quite some time. It only became recently that they started charging 25 cents for them. I guess that must be extortion too.

2. Kyubeon

Kyubeon Legendary Master

and to be fair it only applies for excess pokemon. the transfer app they already sad is free and will allow u to bring over all ur black and white pokemon anyway. so unless u plan on catching 1000+ pokemon I doubt you'll ever pay a fee or need the pokebank....for this generation atleast.

3. thetamale

thetamale Well-Known Member

Can we please discuss the hack check thing? I need to know if I can use the Bank.

4. Kratos The Pokemon master

Kratos The Pokemon master Well-Known Member

Oh god.

It's either a mistake (Game footage not final) or genderless Pokemon will be removed entirely !

Yeah , probably a mistake.

5. Chris-kun

Chris-kun i still believe

You're being charged to maintain a cloud service into the indefinite future and ensure it's compatibility with pokemon titles for years to come. If you think you're so entitled that that technology should just come to you free than you're an idiot. Cloud tech is expensive and running a system like this for the amount of traffic it will get costs money. Money that's not just going to pop out of thin air. Five dollars is nothing for what they're offering and if you don't like it just suck it up and do it all at once during the trial.

It's not like it's a webpage that has ad space to generate profit, it's on the 3DS, they'd literally be at an extreme loss if they didn't charge

BCVM22 and EverChanger like this.
  6. Kyubeon

Kyubeon Legendary Master

lol i'll discuss it with u. this bothers me as well

7. PMG

PMG Pokemon Master Gaz

you can just use Poke bank

if your pokemon are hacked.... they wont transfer

8. Kyubeon

Kyubeon Legendary Master

that's very vague tho. wat qualifies as hacked and how are the concerns

9. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it extortion so much as a transfer of who's getting the short end of the stick. Up until now it was the people who either didn't have people to trade with or a second system; the only difference now is that the people who were prepared then have to shell out $5 to do their business. It sucks (but not that much) for the previously prepared, but I'd say it's an acceptable thing. Especially given the future compatibility of the feature.

10. Moonlight_Tails

Moonlight_Tails Nocturnal Trainer

Well overall I must say I am a little disappointed at the news. Was hoping for starter evos honestly. Maybe Next Coro Coro.
    I will admit the cloud thing is nice. 5 bucks a year is very reasonable.
    Unenthused about the Mega Kanto Starters

11. PMG

PMG Pokemon Master Gaz

a pokemon caught or created by outside devices is hacked not sure about clones

12. Eeveemaster

Eeveemaster Amemoth Fan :D

Ugghh no Limited X & Y Gold console? That's just a minor disappointment though.... I'll be gettin the Blue one then!

13. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I have no problem with being charged for the cloud storage services. I have a problem with being charged for cross gen transfers. If I'm paying $40 for a game, I expect to get my money's worth. The game is losing value by taking a feature that is traditionally free and locking it behind a paywall, that decreases the game's value.

It is.

14. Kyubeon

Kyubeon Legendary Master

ok let me give u a scenario. lets say I have a shiny hack. I can make any pokemon shiny. now I breed my regular charizard with a ditto and produce an egg. but I activate my hack so that whatever comes out the egg is shiny. when it hatches does the game register the newly hatched pokemon as hacked or just a lucky draw?

15. thetamale

thetamale Well-Known Member

I got that part which is why I know my legendaries aren't going anywhere but as I said single player problems. I want to know how hack check works on eggs/offspring of Pokemon caught using WPM codes. If these are still somehow recognised as 'hacked' then I have no use for the Bank for the time being.

16. Pikasaur

Pikasaur So Fluffy

That be all well and good, if i wasnt getting X and Y simply for using one of them as storage.

and that i dont want to add another 5$ on the 60$ a year i already pay another company.

17. EverChanger

EverChanger エヴァーチェンジャー

In all fairness, the Poké Transfer in Generation V required a whole second Nintendo DS system to work. If that isn't a paywall, I don't know what is. :p

18. Sponge

Sponge Well-Known Member

Thinking about it now, this will make such a difference for me.

I'm always wary about migrating my pokemon because if I have them all on the one cart and I lose or damage it then they'll all be gone. Pokebank would mean I'll be able to access all my pokemon without worrying about losing them.

Not to mention when 7th gen comes out we'll probably still be able to withdraw compatible pokemon to 6th gen. We could be looking at backwards compatibility in the future.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  19. Kratos The Pokemon master

Kratos The Pokemon master Well-Known Member

Location , level obtained , Trainer ID (for event Pokemon) , Stats , Moves and if it was bred from an egg (for legendaries except Phione and Manaphy)

For example , a Lv.1 Reshiram that was found on Route 7 is hacked.

You should check the Hack-Check thread to see if your Pokemon are considred illegal or not.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?497187-Hack-Check-Thread

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  20. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Hacked Pokemon are Pokemon created using cheat codes (such as Action Replay), PokeGen, PokeSAV, online Pokemon creators/generators, Pokemon with unreleased hidden abilities, inconsistent moves, abilities, wrong levels, IDs, etc...

Basically, if your Pokemon is not obtained by legitimate means (in-game capture, born from legit eggs, legit trades, or downloaded from official Pokemon events), then you can't transfer it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.