• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShikabaneHime13

You're being charged to maintain a cloud service into the indefinite future and ensure it's compatibility with pokemon titles for years to come. If you think you're so entitled that that technology should just come to you free than you're an idiot. Cloud tech is expensive and running a system like this for the amount of traffic it will get costs money. Money that's not just going to pop out of thin air. Five dollars is nothing for what they're offering and if you don't like it just suck it up and do it all at once during the trial.

It's not like it's a webpage that has ad space to generate profit, it's on the 3DS, they'd literally be at an extreme loss if they didn't charge

*claps in wholehearted agreement* Thank you!

Kyubeon

Legendary Master
idk im not getting to much useful feedback either

and again I wonder does this only detect from black and white. obviously a pokemon imported from DPPt to black/white isn't gonna record the level or location they were caught. lots of questions no answers

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
One question, does a pokemon born from a egg whose parents were Hacked Pokemon is considered a Legitimate or a Illegitimate pokemons (i.e., a baby pokemon whose stats weren't messed with but its parents stats were).

Hmmm... I guess it might count as legit, since the Pokemon itself wasn't hacked. I dunno...

thetamale

I'd guess illegal, because otherwise a Hidden Ability Snivy born from an illegal female one would be considered legit. Don't take my word for it, though.

If hack check scans for abilities, natures and stats etc. But all I'm talking about is the offspring of a Pokemon caught using a wild Pokemon modifier code.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Well if the the pokemon bank is only going to be accessible from Gen 6 games then I'm just gonna buy a 2DS as a second system. Which I was going to do anyway.

Kyubeon

Legendary Master
shiny dragonite with max ivs. obviously hacked but statistically possible to obtain. would it pass the hack check.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
shiny dragonite with max ivs. obviously hacked but statistically possible to obtain. would it pass the hack check.

We don't know how the hack check works at this time

Anyway, closing this now. Move Mega Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise talk to the Mega Evo thread, and Pokémon Bank & Transporter talk to the thread I'm about to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.