• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Double Trouble! (110)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Double Trouble! (110)

Pokémon Double Trouble!

On Kumquat Island, Ash discovers Luana, the Final Orange Island Gym Leader, who mistakes him for her son. After defending the island from the Rockets, they head to the gym to have a Double Battle...Pikachu & Charizard VS Marowak and Alakazam...will Pikachu & Charizard learn to work as a Team?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

Now this was a great Gym Battle! Ash's first double battle ever. It was funny when Pikachu and Charizard wouldn't work together at the start of the battle but then they had to work together to win the battle, teamwork was so vital in is battle. Marowak and Alakazam were really tough opponents aswell.

M

meggirl63

I really liked the double match 'cause I got to see Pikachu and Charizard working together as a team. HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
Yay! The Jade Star Badge! It was so funny when Luana tackled Ash, mistaking him for her son, Travis!

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
hmm...what ever happened to Travis in the series? we never got a chance to see him in any other episode. where is he?

O

Ororo Munroe

This was a good episode and the first double battle. I'm surprised double battles weren't put into the games or made a big part of the show until Hoenn. After seeing this episode I wanted to try a double battle myself.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode has two things I really like about it: one of my favorite Team Rocket machines (the robo-rhydon) and one of my favorite gym leaders (Luann). I especially like the part where Luann fawns all over Ash, just like that one mom did in season one's "Hypno's Naptime". I still remember the week they were doing "outtakes" during the Road to Indigo, and they did outtakes for this scene. I loved Brock showing up and asking if he could do the scene. :D :D :D

Also, I really like Team Rocket's machine because I think it was interesting how they used their pokemon to both power up the machine and launch attacks. That was definitely a unique device. The title of this episode is so misleading, though. I always associate "double trouble" with Team Rocket, so it seems they would play a bigger role in the episode than they do. It turned out that the double trouble only had to do with the gym battle. :(

As for the gym battle, I'm glad Charizard learned how to be a team player. :)

Aptenodytes

great gym battle and a great way to show the first ever double pokemon battle. i thought the battle wasnt as great as the others though, but it was still enjoyable to watch 9/10

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
Really great double battle. This was the best gym battle in the Orange League ever.

The Phantom Thief

I found it interesting that they introduced Double Battles when Ruby, Sapphire or the Hoenn Region didn't exsist at that time. I liked the gym battle and seeing Charizard used correctly for the first time in a battle and not being disobedient.

D

Dr. Sun

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Charizard unleashes his full power and finally listens to Ash. Ash uses his two strongest pokemon against a group of worthy adversaries, and delivers an awesome battle into the bargain. Brilliant episode.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Great episode especially when Jessie went ballistic and then really mad (and vain) for being called old.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
One of my favorite episodes, plus yah get to see Ash in his swim suite =]
And that part where the mom mistook Ash for her son, halerious. We need another episode like that for AG, it would be funny to see May's face if that happend. Any who I enjoyed it.

Pure

back.
This was a great episode, not only for the Double Battle, but for the humor (tackling thing) although at Alakazam's expense. That was cheap how he lost... Nonetheless,

9.5/10

Very good gym battle, the only one battle better is the Pumelo Stadium one

Battra

Yeah excellent episode Ash's first official double battle way before they introduced them in the Hoen region. Luana is one of my favorite gym leaders mostly because she helped introduce double battles. A couple errors I got to point out Charizard should be affected by Bonemerang since he's part flying, also he shouldn't be able to use Tackle since neither Charizard or his pre-evolutions can't learn the move.

kingkoopa1080

Definitely one of the better gym battles. It was pretty sick seeing pikachu jump on charizard and go to work. Whatever happened to that Travis kid?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I liked Luana, she was so funny! Tackling Ash... too funny! :D

The battle was pretty good too. The first ever Double Battle, if I recall correctly. Seeing Pikachu and Charizard working together was perfection ^-^ Good episode all & all.