• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon DP Upcoming Events !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowpm88

i always had a feeeling ash would get another pokemon .... cuz he came to the region with 2 pokemon sooo he only got 4... (buizel )
he atleast needs to capture 5... even though he doesnt battle them... except the 1st 2
i actually want him to battle gible to capture it unlike the fire types he gets

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I agree with you.
Dawn won her 4th ribbon in DP114 and now it will dp 153 (next episode). But still she don't have her final ribbon.
Super slow story.
In Pokemon Advanced Generation Series, Grand Festival was ended in 123rd episode. But in DP Series, 152 episodes are over and ash don't have his final badge and dawn don't have her 5th ribbon.

Really, slow zzzzzzzzz....

It's taking so long because the DP saga is the most interesting and well thought out one so far. The pacing is actually perfect for the story.

That have nothing to do with the League or the GF, it will be 7-8 & 3-4 episodes respectively, they writers always do the same and i'm sure Sinnoh WON'T improve it.

I love these kind of arguements....The writers 'ALWAYS' do the same? There have only been 2 Grand Festivals. You can't make assumptions about the future based on something that's only happened twice. The next Grand Festival could be any length, depending on what the writers want to include.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
What???

XD

That have nothing to do with the League or the GF, it will be 7-8 & 3-4 episodes respectively, they writers always do the same and i'm sure Sinnoh WON'T improve it.

They're taking their "time" because the filler arc is the last saga of Pokémon, because Nintendo don't have a new handheld console yet or the next gen is not ready.

The League will probably be 7-10 Episodes, seeing how Ash MAY fight the Elite 4, so I think she would give him another League Match, against the League Rival and win.:D

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I guess I should read this thread or something.

1. Dawn's Mamoswine & Cyndaquil (DP155) will train with eachother.
Cyndaquil gets to do something other than be a HGSS adahahahaha sorry, I almost said it wasn't a pure HGSS ad. Anyway, Cyndaquil actually gets to do something, so maybe I can start forming an opinion on it other than "HGSS. Zzz." And Mamoswine is focused on as always. Meanwhile, Pachirisu and Buneary cry themselves to sleep in their Pokeballs.

2. Dawn was wearing her pokemon contest outfit which means there will be a pokemon contest soon.
Kinda figured that based on the whole "hey there's a double battle contest in Asdofghdofihgdr Town" scene near the start of the TG finale.

3. Ash's Gliscor is going to learn GIGA IMPACT in DP 155.
Sweet! (still don't think it's going anywhere. Well, maybe to Ash's reserves, but he's sure as hell not releasing it.)

4. Ash's Buizel is going learn ICE PUNCH.
Yay I guess? Ice Punch kind of lacks the "sweet new move we don't see very much" factor that Giga Impact does. Especially since it's another goddamn motherfornicating ICE ATTACK. I know every water Pokemon on the face of the earth can easily learn SOME sort of ice attack, but I'd like to see something more creative. Like Razor Wind. Or Pursuit. Or anything that's not an ice attack.

Zoey has Kirlia and Leafeon.
Ew, an Eevee evo. Kirlia's cool, though.

OMG GIBLE VS EMPOLEON
THIS HAD BETTER MEAN BARRY SHOWS UP. I couldn't give a pig's eye about Gible, but Barry's always awesome. And he was racing off towards Sunyshore last time we saw him...(it probably is Barry, but it hasn't exactly been confirmed yet)

dman_dustin

I've thought about it and if Gliscor is given to the air master and Kazunari does give Gible to Ash this is how I would want it to go down. Of course given what we know it's very unlikely to happen. Because it would require Ash to go "dur" for a few episodes (as in ignoring the events of what happened with Gliscor).

Ash has a hard time giving Gliscor up, but realizes it's the best thing to do so he gives it to the air master. The Gible episode, Ash and Co run into a wild Gliscor and Ash feels terrible because he misses Gliscor. When suddenly Brock's Poke-gear goes off. Ash is flashbacking to all the good times he had with Gliscor. Brock answers it and it's a worried Kazunari. Kazunari says he just doesn't know how to take care of Gible and was wondering if Brock could take care of it.

Brock looks at Ash who has his head down and then he smiles. Brock says he has a much better idea. Meanwhile they go to the Pokemon Center and Ash sort of protests, but agrees to give it a shot. Kazunari sends Gible over and tells Ash to take care of it.

Then the rest of the episode revolves around Ash bonding with Gible, maybe some danger and Ash saves Gible or something. And the end of the episode has Ash smiling and happy again.

Sort of like what happened with James when he gave Cacnea up.

Again there's a problem with that, but still that's how I would like it to go down if it ever did.

STICKTOPIA

I agree with you.
Dawn won her 4th ribbon in DP114 and now it will dp 153 (next episode). But still she don't have her final ribbon.
Super slow story.
In Pokemon Advanced Generation Series, Grand Festival was ended in 123rd episode. But in DP Series, 152 episodes are over and ash don't have his final badge and dawn don't have her 5th ribbon.

Yes they are moving way too slow here. Some of these episodes were useless. Why release Johto pokemon in the SINNOH region?! I understand Gligar, Swinub, and Aipom b/c they evolved into Sinnoh Pokemon. That Marill and Elekid episode was totally uncalled for as well is the Togepi episode. They should have put Togekiss in there too. They really know how to make filler episodes.

I've thought about it and if Gliscor is given to the air master and Kazunari does give Gible to Ash this is how I would want it to go down. Of course given what we know it's very unlikely to happen. Because it would require Ash to go "dur" for a few episodes (as in ignoring the events of what happened with Gliscor).

Ash has a hard time giving Gliscor up, but realizes it's the best thing to do so he gives it to the air master. The Gible episode, Ash and Co run into a wild Gliscor and Ash feels terrible because he misses Gliscor. When suddenly Brock's Poke-gear goes off. Ash is flashbacking to all the good times he had with Gliscor. Brock answers it and it's a worried Kazunari. Kazunari says he just doesn't know how to take care of Gible and was wondering if Brock could take care of it.

Brock looks at Ash who has his head down and then he smiles. Brock says he has a much better idea. Meanwhile they go to the Pokemon Center and Ash sort of protests, but agrees to give it a shot. Kazunari sends Gible over and tells Ash to take care of it.

Then the rest of the episode revolves around Ash bonding with Gible, maybe some danger and Ash saves Gible or something. And the end of the episode has Ash smiling and happy again.
That's a good theory I like that. You'll get deep respect from me if it happens.

shadowpm88

i dont want ash to pick up on other peoples pokemon anymore....
it happens to often now
chimchar: from paul
buizel: traded from dawn
gible: from kazu?

soo wats barry gonna give him?
i rather him not get one then get kazu's
i hope it a battle not just gible jumps into the pokeball thing ( gligar)

Brave Birdy

Meanwhile, Pachirisu and Buneary cry themselves to sleep in their Pokeballs.

Just like they should be doing. If they don't plan on evolving, then they have no business outside of their pokeballs.

Haha, I'm only joking. Its expected that Mamoswine has a bit more focus on him right now, though. He lost the last contest, so its expected that he'd be used again.

I'm really excited for Buizel to learn Ice Punch. It seems to fit him well. I know this makes it possible for him to use his ice aqua jet on his own, but what's the point if he can just use Ice Punch?

shadowpm88

@ brave birdy
the point of using ice aqua jet instead of just ice punch if he uses it is because 2 move are stringer then 1?
ice jet> ice punch

firepokemontrainer

Ice Punch is there so that Ash can use the Ice Jet at some point. Think about it this way:

Ash is in a tight battle with a strong trainer. Ash has Buizel use Aqua Jet, followed by a well timed Ice Punch to give the Ice Jet, creating a shield thatis resistant to Grass and Electric attacks. Buizel defeats said pokemon and the other trainer cries in defeat. :)

rlopez

Im gonna direct a lot of people to this tread because I just dont understand what some of you are saying.

Wow really guys? Lets go over what filler exactly means...

This probably belongs in the other thread talking about whats a filler but I just done understand this. Yes they are pacing things slow but to say were getting all these 'fillers' is wrong. Instead were getting well developed teams, more character development, and not rushed gyms or contests. Yeah its been awhile since Dawns 4th ribbon but people are forgetting there was a contest and she lost. Just because you guys dont like the pacing dont start yelling filler. Some of these 'fillers' actually play an important part in this saga. Of course we do get some pointless fillers, Marill and Elekid episode being one, they have been rare lately. If you look over all the episodes you will see that there hasnt been as many as you think.

Now about the future events, I think theres not one thing I dont like. Its about time Gliscor learns a new move and Giga Impact is one big move to learn. Im praying he doesnt get released, oaked is fine but to be released is just too much. Buizel learing Ice Punk, well...thats as predictable as it can get. I know I always thought he would learn an ice attack, especially with the whole Aqua Ice Jet thing. And this was just a duh kinda moment.

thunderblade12

But they TOO MUCH slowing the show. the gap between the 1st ribbon to the second was 52 episodes. the gap between the 4th ribbon to the 5th is now probably 46 and even more episodes. it's too much. Look at Hoenn gaps. that's a normal gaps. In whole 2009 Dawn and Ash obtained only 1 badge and 1 ribbon. It's not a problem about the GF and Sinnoh league. it has nothing to do to that. the GF can be even 4 episodes and the league can be 7-8.

You guys act as though the only episodes that matter are the ones where a capture or an evolution take place or where a ribbon or badge is earned. Dawn's contest arc is much more developed then May's. May was unrealistically good at contests without having to learn a single thing about actual contests. As I've said before May's biggest problem was Drew's/Harley's drama rather then realistically growing at contests.

Since Dawn's last ribbon there have been two other contests. One of which established Kenny as a threat to Dawn and showed Ambipom's interest in ping pong. The other one gave Jessie her 3rd ribbon and allowed for growth for Mamoswine.

I agree with you.
Super slow story.

Yes, DP is longer that's undeniable. But that's because we don't have any info on the 5th generation yet. That doesn't mean the 5th generation isn't coming as I've seen some one saying. In fact, if the writers weren't planning on creating a 5th generation I doubt they'd drag the Sinnoh saga out for this long if they weren't planning on making a 5th generation. There'd be no reason for it.

What???

XD

They're taking their "time" because the filler arc is the last saga of Pokémon, because Nintendo don't have a new handheld console yet or the next gen is not ready.

Ah, so you were the one who claims there will be no 5th generation. We'll read the reply above this.

The laughable part is that the Sinnoh saga is much longer than the Hoenn saga yet the writers are still managing to give us good material. In Hoenn everything that wasn't a capture/evolution episode, or an episode where a badge/ribbon was earned was the basic formula for a Johto filler:

- Ash meet COTD with a problem
- Team Rocket attacks OHNOZ
- Team Rocket is defeated in the same boring fashion
- COTD's problems are solved...yay(?) Not like we'll ever see this person again any way

Keep in mind in talking about episodes with this exact formula. Episodes like the Claydol filler don't count because they at least have some entertainment value by straying away from routine.

How many episodes are there in DP that have this formula? Like 10 maybe? Compare that to Hoenn where there's like 40. It's freakin' sad especially when you consider DP is longer but doesn't have nearly as many of these uncreative same-ol'-routine episodes. Even capture/evolution episode's main focus was Team Rocket causing some kind of trouble. In DP there is usually something else going on in both the fillers and eventful episodes. Team Rocket has taken somewhat of a "backseat".

Short and uneventful vs Long and extremely eventful. I'm going to go with long and eventful but I guess it's all a matter of opinion. Although you'll likely state you opinion as a fact like you usually do so meh..

#1PokemonFan

I'm sure the writers will take this into consideration.

That seems counterproductive though. Wouldn't it make sense for him to Oak's something that's already a powerhouse and work on making the rest of his team a powerhouse as well? That's why I'm thinking either Staraptor will leave since it's already proved it's strong enough to hold it's own against two of Paul's strongest pokemon or Gliscor/Buizel will get their "power boost" from learning their new attacks and Ash will feel that they don't need any more training.

Honestly I can see Ash rotating between Gible, Gliscor, Staraptor, and Buizel. No one should be released though, just Oaked.

This is my prediction:

DP153: The James episode - November 26th

Major events
[spoil]
- We learn more about James past
- Growlie and Jessibelle return[/spoil]

DP154: Gliscor vs Scizor - December 3rd

Major events
[spoil]
- Gliscor learns giga impact[/spoil]

DP155: Mamoswine and Cyndaquil - December 10th

Major events[spoil]
- Zoey returns and reveals two new pokemon, Kirlia and Leafeon
- Zoey is also revealed to have all 5 of her ribbons
- Mamoswine and Cyndaquil train for the upcoming doucle contest
- Dawn and Zoey have a double battle but it is interupted so they promise to continue it at the Grand Festival[/spoil]

DP156: Gible - December 17th

Major events[spoil]
- Kazunari calls Brock on the PokeGear. He can't handle his new Gible. He asks Ash to take it off his hands
- Ash sends Staraptor to Professor Oak to make room for it
- Kazunari sends Ash the Gible from the Pokemon Center
- Ash spends the rest of the episode calming down the Gible and becoming friends with it[/spoil]

DP157: Buizel vs Mr Mime - December 24th

Major events[spoil]
- Buizel learns ice punch
- Buizel is able to use ice aqua jet on it's own now[/spoil]

DP158: Ash vs Barry - December 31st

Major events[spoil]
- Ash battles Barry and loses (Gible vs Empoleon)
- Ash and co. learn about the Pokethlon coming up
- The Pokethlon begins. Ash, Dawn, Brock, and Barry participate
[/spoil]

DP159: Snorlax and the Pokethlon - December 31st

Major events[spoil]
- Barry is revealed to have a Snorlax and Rapidash
- Barry wins the Pokethlon[/spoil]

DP160: Dawn's Contest - January 14th

Major Events[spoil]
- Dawn appeals and battles with Mamoswine and Cyndaquil
- Dawn defeats Jessie and a one shot rival to win her 5th ribbon
[/spoil]

DP161-164: Filler - Ending February 11th

Major events
None

DP165-168: Sunnyshore - Ending March 11th

Major events[spoil]
- Volkner debuts
- Paul reveals he has won his 8th badge
- Ash battles Flint and nearly wins
- Jasmine gives Dawn Grand Festival training.
- Ash battles Volkner and wins his 8th badge. Grotle, Monferno, Gible, and Gliscor are used.
[/spoil]

Those must be predictions because you cant say anything unless its proven

charizard92

Why does it seem like a lot of people think Gliscor will get released when he is going to learn a new move? This shows he its sticking around for a the rest of the series and then getting oaked along with all his other sinnoh pokemon

Thriller

Its almost time
Here's what I have to say to the crowd going "Jamz rlees Caknea 4 nu muv!"

James isn't a trainer, he's a theif. It shouldn't so much of a surprise that someone like James wouldn't know how to properly train a Pokemon to learn an all new move. This is why Cacnea was given to Gardenia, a gym leader, someone who should be very competent and training.

Ash has almost a decade of experience under his belt. He's taught Iron Tail, Energy Ball, Ice Aqua Jet and possibly more without help. Even though Giga Impact is a big move, I don't see why Ash wouldn't be able to pull it off with Gliscor. Look, Ash NEEDS Gliscor for the Volkner battle at the very least. A barely experienced Gible would be very poor to use in the gym battle and if it wins, it'll be a cheap Deus Ex Machina.

In my opinion, the writers have done all they can with Starraptor. Its evolution wasn't a mistake but unlike the Turtwig->Grotle thing, there wasn't any development that would come with the evolution. Mukuhawk has the best chance of getting Oaked, not Gliscor.

ShadowDragon16

Here's what I have to say to the crowd going "Jamz rlees Caknea 4 nu muv!"

James isn't a trainer, he's a theif. It shouldn't so much of a surprise that someone like James wouldn't know how to properly train a Pokemon to learn an all new move. This is why Cacnea was given to Gardenia, a gym leader, someone who should be very competent and training.

Ash has almost a decade of experience under his belt. He's taught Iron Tail, Energy Ball, Ice Aqua Jet and possibly more without help. Even though Giga Impact is a big move, I don't see why Ash wouldn't be able to pull it off with Gliscor. Look, Ash NEEDS Gliscor for the Volkner battle at the very least. A barely experienced Gible would be very poor to use in the gym battle and if it wins, it'll be a cheap Deus Ex Machina.

In my opinion, the writers have done all they can with Starraptor. Its evolution wasn't a mistake but unlike the Turtwig->Grotle thing, there wasn't any development that would come with the evolution. Mukuhawk has the best chance of getting Oaked, not Gliscor.

Why would they get rid of Staraptor? They never got rid of Ash's Main Flying types during a region. Besides, is as clear that Ash will be getting a Gible, giving Ash 2 ground types would be pointless. Besides, The main Bird-based Pokemon has always been apart of Ash's team, and it is unlikely they will change that. With gible joining, its kinda obvious gliscor will be replaced. Of course, this is a guess, I don't have any information to back it up.

Thriller

Its almost time
Flying types are weak against Volkner's specialty: Electric types. It doesn't take rocket science to know that. And Starraptor isn't being "gotten rid of," if its the one to go for Gible, it'll just get Oaked. In fact, that better be the route they take with this, especially with the negative reception Amby's departure had.

And if you think about it, the Sunnyshore Gym battle would be a perfect head start for Gible because of its automatic electricity immunity. If Ash does wind up using it in the league, this would be extremely beneficial.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Maybe Ash won't send any of this team to Oak, maybe just for the episode Ash gets Gible. Like Ash sends 1 of his Pokemon to Oak, but it's never revealed who, like usual, Ash uses Gible to battle Barry, but Gible gets out of control and Ash calls Oak, Oak suggests that Ash send it to him, so he can help it or something stupid like that, then when Ash gets to the league, Gible has gotten much better and he rotates his Sinnoh Team.

Waterpokes

You guys act as though the only episodes that matter are the ones where a capture or an evolution take place or where a ribbon or badge is earned. Dawn's contest arc is much more developed then May's. May was unrealistically good at contests without having to learn a single thing about actual contests. As I've said before May's biggest problem was Drew's/Harley's drama rather then realistically growing at contests.

Since Dawn's last ribbon there have been two other contests. One of which established Kenny as a threat to Dawn and showed Ambipom's interest in ping pong. The other one gave Jessie her 3rd ribbon and allowed for growth for Mamoswine.

I do agree that it was rushed in Hoenn, but myself wants the contest to end fast. I find non of Dawn's Pokemon interesting, except Cyndaquil, her rivals has no personallity and the Dawn character annoys me and some of the contest battles looks like bad quality.

But I do decide to watch it, because of I want to see changes.
So, I do agree that Hoenn was rushed, but I think this should be rushed too.
Dawn & Her Rivals & Pokemon = Nothing interresting
May & Her Rivals & Pokemon = Heck yeah!

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.