• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazikener

Generation Equality
Gonna enjoy the hell out of this. Do some awesome stuff in my room.

Rampharos

Personally I think that you are going to have to find it in the room and shoot whatever the beam is at it until the bar goes all the way down, and then you'll have it scanned or something (remembering that it is a dream) and then perhaps you have the choice to send it to the game, it will cost probably 10 play coins (3DS currency for anyone who doesn't know, most apps and games use them in some way, 100 steps walked = 1 coin, with a maximum of 10 coins per day) so that you can catch/scan as many as you want, but only afford to send one per day. Anyone somewhat agree?

rocky505

Doubt this may happen at all but what if the Dream Radar gives new dream world abilities for almost all pokemon. Would love to see a new pokemon get Drizzle to outclass the toad
We already know all the Hidden abilities and Politoed and Kyogre are the only ones with Drizzle.

DanteKoriyu

We already know all the Hidden abilities and Politoed and Kyogre are the only ones with Drizzle.

We know all the Dream World abilities because all the information is programmed in BW. I do believe the Dream World operates similarly to the Pokewalker, where no Pokemon are actually sent out of the game card, small amounts of info are just transferred back and forth to tell the game what it needs to update.

That said, the Dream Radar is a new application, so it could theoretically have its own, new and independent set of abilities and attacks for Pokemon received from it. Not saying it will, but it is possible.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
We know all the Dream World abilities because all the information is programmed in BW. I do believe the Dream World operates similarly to the Pokewalker, where no Pokemon are actually sent out of the game card, small amounts of info are just transferred back and forth to tell the game what it needs to update.

That said, the Dream Radar is a new application, so it could theoretically have its own, new and independent set of abilities and attacks for Pokemon received from it. Not saying it will, but it is possible.

Na it can't. That'd screw up the base code of the games and damage compatibility with BW. It may include more Hidden Abilities, sure, but by that I mean Pokémon that are unreleased

Serebii!

This might work, if you capture Pokemon then send it to BW2 with Hidden Ability. Someone like Fennel will probably tell you about it in game similar to the Dream World

DanteKoriyu

Na it can't. That'd screw up the base code of the games and damage compatibility with BW. It may include more Hidden Abilities, sure, but by that I mean Pokémon that are unreleased

I wasn't talking about NEW attacks and abilities that weren't in the previous set of games, I was talking about anything they don't normally have access to, aka "new to that Pokemon". Compatibility is isn't really an issue anyway. The abilities could be considered special because of they way they are obtained, so just like when breeding a hacked Pokemon that has an ability it shouldn't know, the offspring would have a normal one. The only issue I can think of would be evolution overwriting the special ability with an original, so they could only be given to final stagers or those who don't evolve.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I wasn't talking about NEW attacks and abilities that weren't in the previous set of games, I was talking about anything they don't normally have access to, aka "new to that Pokemon". Compatibility is isn't really an issue anyway. The abilities could be considered special because of they way they are obtained, so just like when breeding a hacked Pokemon that has an ability it shouldn't know, the offspring would have a normal one. The only issue I can think of would be evolution overwriting the special ability with an original, so they could only be given to final stagers or those who don't evolve.

So do I. Attacks, sure, that's fine. However, abilities is detrimental. Yes you can hack a Pokémon with the wrong ability, but that's easily detectable and is automatically thrown up as a hack. The PID is determined based on IVs and which Ability it has. Each Pokémon only has 3 ability slots. It cannot have any others without being classified as hacks.

rocky505

So do I. Attacks, sure, that's fine. However, abilities is detrimental. Yes you can hack a Pokémon with the wrong ability, but that's easily detectable and is automatically thrown up as a hack. The PID is determined based on IVs and which Ability it has. Each Pokémon only has 3 ability slots. It cannot have any others without being classified as hacks.
Blue Basculin?

Rampharos

Blue Basculin?

One exception in the programming does not mean that anything can just get a new ability, but that was a good example. I highly doubt that they would just chuck new abilities in, but I guess it would be good if you were right

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Blue Basculin is weird. Technically in the data, the Blue-Striped Form Basculin has got the Reckless, Adaptibility and Mold Breaker abilities in the code, but when captured in game, despite being the Blue form, it gets its data from the Red-Striped Form Basculin.

However, I can tell you right now, they are NOT going to give Pokémon abilities they don't have coded within Black & White, especially since there are hundreds of Pokémon who have not been released with their Hidden Ability.

Can we get back on topic now

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
This might actually make me get a 3ds now. I kind of see this as a spiritual sequel to Snap. Any who, would the game be able to detect the type of background and use that to determine what Pokemon would live in said environment? Like, if the background is a lake we find water Pokemon or if the background is a tree we find bug Pokemon.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
Will this be free like Pokedex 3D (original)? If it isn't I hope it's more than just a 3DS Dream World. Though getting DW pokes this way (assuming we can) looks to be much better than scooping ice cream or playing with Wailord. It provides with more reason to get a 3DS, but I want a 3DS XL!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Will this be free like Pokedex 3D (original)? If it isn't I hope it's more than just a 3DS Dream World. Though getting DW pokes this way (assuming we can) looks to be much better than scooping ice cream or playing with Wailord. It provides with more reason to get a 3DS, but I want a 3DS XL!

Dream Radar costs 300 yen (around $3.75 USD) while Pokedex 3D Pro costs 1,500 yen (around $18.77 USD).

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
Dream Radar costs 300 yen (around $3.75 USD) while Pokedex 3D Pro costs 1,500 yen (around $18.77 USD).

hmm the DR price isn't too bad, though the UK will probably be once again on the short end of the money conversion stick. It should be £2.35, but they'll probably bump it to £3. Still not bad though. £12 for a fancy pokedex though, I don't see how that's worth it. The main draw is seeing all the pokes in 3D, but you can do that with DR

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I.. might just get a 3DS for this. i guess. ugh, i really didn't want to shovel out the money for it, and i love my DSiXL. but i'm getting the feeling that there's going to be a lot of pokemon on it that i want, especially the Sacred Kami's, and those would probably be pretty hard to get in trades unless you're lucky enough to find a generous, cool person.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Wow, I guess after reading this thread, now I know why GameFreak stuck with the DS for B/W 2. So many Poke fans still haven't bought a 3DS.

This looks good, but they'd better let you capture more Pokemon with hidden abilities (starter Pokemon? C'mon, Game Freak!).

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Wow, I guess after reading this thread, now I know why GameFreak stuck with the DS for B/W 2. So many Poke fans still haven't bought a 3DS.

This looks good, but they'd better let you capture more Pokemon with hidden abilities (starter Pokemon? C'mon, Game Freak!).

Na, they stuck with the DS for compatibility reasons, not because of that since releasing it on the 3DS would massively drive 3DS sales

Status
Not open for further replies.