• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Dream Radar Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, some friends of mine had Monster Rancher, but I never played the series. The CD's were used to generate unique random number seeds. I'm not sure how that would translate to a camera.

I'm hoping that a lot of work gets put into this. Would be cool if the Pokemon were able to hide behind objects.

It would be very cool if you had to move around to get the pokemon when they can hide behind stuff.

If one with a 3DS and limited wifi access could get online just long enough to buy and download dream radar, it might give them the ability to grab DW pokémon without having to go online all the time. Restrictions or not, it'd be a divine gift from Arceus to folks like me who live way out in the boondocks.

Kall El

..Silence..
Interesting feature, not thought about this much.
Just need a good reason to purchase a 3DS, until they release a game on it - I probably won't buy one.

ilovedeino

Deino Master
It would be very cool if you had to move around to get the pokemon when they can hide behind stuff.

Haha, Tornadus hiding behind my couch.

Interesting feature, not thought about this much.
Just need a good reason to purchase a 3DS, until they release a game on it - I probably won't buy one.

Have you tried Rumble Blast yet, it's pretty fun, but you probably meant Main Game. Anyways, they will probably release 6th Gen on 3DS(hopefully).

Kall El

..Silence..
Haha, Tornadus hiding behind my couch.

Have you tried Rumble Blast yet, it's pretty fun, but you probably meant Main Game. Anyways, they will probably release 6th Gen on 3DS(hopefully).

Nope, it looks really cool though.
I might actually get the 3DS for that game..any thoughts/opinions? What do you think of Rumble Blast, is it worth it?

Grei

not the color
I might actually get the 3DS for that game..any thoughts/opinions? What do you think of Rumble Blast, is it worth it?

No. It's got the most barren storyline and dialogue I've ever seen in a game, and it's ultimately not rewarding for completion.

Pilpulp

美的

If you had a 3DS already, pokemon rumble blast would be worth buying. But since you don't, I would vote against it. I have it. It's very repetitive. Only if your a very enthusiastic pokemon player, then I would recommend getting it. Buts its not worth itself and the price of a 3DS unless of course you are interested in buying other 3DS games (Mario kart 7 ;D) Anyways not on topic! I haven't downloaded any pokemon 3DS things, but if you can get cool pokemon I might especially since im in to competitive battling

Kall El

..Silence..
If you had a 3DS already, pokemon rumble blast would be worth buying. But since you don't, I would vote against it. I have it. It's very repetitive. Only if your a very enthusiastic pokemon player, then I would recommend getting it. Buts its not worth itself and the price of a 3DS unless of course you are interested in buying other 3DS games (Mario kart 7 ;D) Anyways not on topic! I haven't downloaded any pokemon 3DS things, but if you can get cool pokemon I might especially since im in to competitive battling

Thank you for a much more productive response then the last one.
What is the gameplay like in terms of graphics, features, replay value and innovativity?
I guess I'm not in a rush to buy a 3DS, but i'll have to see later this year :]

rocky505

Seems the Pokemon caught will have dw abilities. Thundurus' sacred beast forme was shown being released from a dream ball in the recent trailer posted by grei in a few threads.

Grei

not the color
Seems the Pokemon caught will have dw abilities. Thundurus' sacred beast forme was shown being released from a dream ball in the recent trailer posted by grei in a few threads.

Sorry for posting it so often. :S It was lolipiece who found it, btw.

So, if they were in a dream ball, then they're caught in the Entree Forest... and yeah, that does seem to mean that they might have DW abilities. Oh boy! I hope we get some good Unova Pokemon in the Dream Radar!

Kall El

..Silence..
Dream Radar is looking promising, I love the aesthetics and the light-laser thing you have to do,
may actually get a 3DS, to make use of this feature - perhaps..

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Sorry for posting it so often. :S It was lolipiece who found it, btw.

So, if they were in a dream ball, then they're caught in the Entree Forest... and yeah, that does seem to mean that they might have DW abilities. Oh boy! I hope we get some good Unova Pokemon in the Dream Radar!

Like Contrary Serperior! With a possible chance of getting move tutors to help with its ability!

Anyways, anyone have any thoughts on how non-flying pokemon move around in Dream Radar?

Like Contrary Serperior! With a possible chance of getting move tutors to help with its ability!

Anyways, anyone have any thoughts on how non-flying pokemon move around in Dream Radar?

I was JUST thinking of that!
Well, Seviper has a currently un-released DW Ability, so maybe it slithers?
Or a Pokemon like Breloom (Not sure if it has a DW Ability) could sort of jump around.

Grei

not the color
I imagine ground-dwelling POkemon will just appear at the bottom of the screen, and you'd have to tilt the 3DS down in order to see them. It wouldn't be too complicated. They'd probably walk/move like normal.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I imagine ground-dwelling POkemon will just appear at the bottom of the screen, and you'd have to tilt the 3DS down in order to see them. It wouldn't be too complicated. They'd probably walk/move like normal.

I think it could still be pretty difficult, them running around or hopping about.
Psychic, Ghost and Dark types can teleport themselves.

I'm curious about fish Pokemon.

Mystic Power

I think it could still be pretty difficult, them running around or hopping about.
Psychic, Ghost and Dark types can teleport themselves.

I'm curious about fish Pokemon.

Hahaha I hope that they just flop around like Magikarp! But they'll probably just have them floating, like in the games.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hahaha I hope that they just flop around like Magikarp! But they'll probably just have them floating, like in the games.

Yeah. I guess that would be the case. Them swimming around all over the place as if the room has suddenly sunk underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.