1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Serebii, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Unown is counted by the game as a legendary, at least in FR/LG.
    Besides, it has no DW ability and it only knows Hidden Power. There's absolutely no reason to befriend one, unless GF breaks the "tradition" and put special moves on it.

By the way, if they're still planning to give us yet another new area, the only possible option would be an area that houses starters and legendaries, is easier to visit if we tuck-in a Dragon-Type, and will be accessible only if we have a ridiculously high amount of Dream Points, 50,000 would be my guess.

2. Lorenzo The Comic

Lorenzo The Comic Pokémon Maniac

I'm pretty sure all the Dream World areas have already been programmed into the game, so there will be no template10 or game13.

3. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Still hoping that areas can get Pokemon roster updates, mainly to tie up the non-legend & non-starter looseends.
    You know, put those event-onlys to use. Porygon, Riolu, the monkeys, gothorita, PIKACHU and so on

4. Maverick Hunter

Maverick Hunter Land Powered

I'd like to have special areas, just like pokemon cafe forest. They could do a special area for Unowns, and maybe a special area for strong pokémon. That special area button on DW has been used only once on american DW

5. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they didn't do another one for the Keldeo movie, even in Japan.

6. Iris Mist

Iris Mist Hylian Princess

Ended up only playing about half an hour because the games were, once again, not being very cooperative. Managed to befriend a Cherubi and a Minun, both female. Couldn't decide with I wanted, since I like them both, but ended up picking Cherubi in the end.

After my dream park run, I started looking for berries to water. Ended up finding a garden that completely dried out my water can. Made a new dream pal, and logged out, since there was nothing left to do. I now have 1800 points, on to the new areas tomorrow night.

7. LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN Pokemon Trainer

Munch lax I'm here

8. Emolga!

Emolga! New Member

If I were to delete some of pals on my list would I lose the points I earned for befriending them? My list is near full and I don't earn as much points as I use to >.<

9. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

I didn't notice any lost points when I removed a friend.

I got unlucky at dream park again today, but I did get lucky elsewhere. I grabbed a female Vulpix with dark pulse :)

I also got the Gothita too.

10. PokeCrossbow

PokeCrossbow Pokemon Hunter

Used to like to do the Dream World, unfortunately it keeps freezing and stops loading whenever I get into a mini-game in dream park, using Chrome this time (Firefox isn't better) :/

I guess I'll just skip Dream World visits until next maintenance hopefully it will be working as before :(!

11. Lorenzo The Comic

Just got a Female Gurdurr for the person who's looking for one (PM/VM).

12. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

How many dream points do you have?

13. Lorenzo The Comic

45,xxx points as of this post.

14. GarinH

GarinH New Member

does anyone know if Swinub ;220; is still available in the icy cave?
    i have been on DW for (literally) weeks, every day, and i have not found one, i have even been putting a ground/rock/ice/ect pkmn to sleep to make sure i get to the icy cave.

some sites say i need more points(10k), other sites say ;220; is "available" from the beginning (no points), i am very confused.

i know Piloswine ;221; is avalable later in the game at the "Giant Chasm", but i really want to get a Mamoswine ;473; before the elite 4, i am purposely playing the game slowly and training up my pokemon so i can get one before i get too far (4 badges, all main pokemon at lvl 40)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  15. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

I'm not sure if this is necessary or not... But on my new white 2 file I joined the dream world and played through the Dream Park numerous times.
    I found:

Pineco
    Wurmple
    Seedot
    Slakoth
    Nincada
    Plusle
    Minun
    Gulpin
    Kecleon
    Kricketot
    Cherubi
    Carnivine
    Audino
    Throh
    Sawk
    Scraggy

I've also seen places that say Paras is also a default.

As for items, I found:

Pass Orb
    Pamtre Berry
    Rabuta Berry
    Spelon Berry
    (Presumably Nomel as well)
    Repel
    Muscle Wing (Likely the others too)

Again, not 100% sure this is necessary, but I thought I'd list it anyway.

16. 1quacka1

1quacka1 Lazy Collector

Well it is the only way to get Lightningrod Pikachu with Headbutt, not that that's particularly "special".
    That's another reason why I'm sceptical about a new DW area, my guess is that they'll keep dragon for who don't mind what area they visit.

17. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

There's no reason for them to remove it, besides, I found one a few days ago.

Nomel is in the Park, I found one.

18. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Are the points you get in games the points that count towards seeing new pokemon and items? Cause all I see is the default pokemon at Ice Cave and I put Banette in so I could go to the Spooky House

19. cybersonic233

cybersonic233 Well-Known Member

No everything you do in the dream world earns Dream Points Serebii and Bulbapedia have a list of what you need to do and how much it will earn

20. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Went to the Dream World today, sent a Natu to sleep. Had obtained one new Dream Pal request, which I accepted. Also got a fourth row in my garden when I was playing, which means I can plant even more berries now. I went to the Island of Dreams and got to the Sky six times, the Icy Cave twice, the Sea, Manor and Dream Park once each. Getting to the new area was pretty fun. I befriended nine Pokemon, and out of them... eight were female. I almost couldn't believe it, but it was the truth. I kept the Ducklett since I really wanted one. Also got the event Gothorita, which I hadn't expected to get (I thought it was only for everyone who bought a game guide?). But I'm not complaining, very happy to get it. Just wishing it had been female...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.