• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Yes! I've been chomping at the bit to get a hold of the decent Woobat! I was upset to find out that it couldn't get Foul Play from the new move tutors, so maybe we'll get really lucky and Game Freak will release DW Swoobats with Foul Play. (Like they did Contrary Superpower Spindas.) Of course, then it would have Simple as it's ability and not Unaware; we can never win. :/
Out of curiosity, what would the merit of a Woobat with Foul Play be?

Now that I think about it, it cannot learn Hyper Voice neither. The Zubat family also seems to be without Hyper Voice. Are the Japanese aware of how bats operate in real life?
I always thought that had to do with the fact that bats aren't actually loud. Most of the Pokemon that learn Hyper Voice are either very loud (Whismur line, Politoed, etc.) or have very specific connections to sound (Chatot, Meloetta, Igglybuff line). I think the fact that they learn Screech and Supersonic demonstrates that they utilize soundwaves, I just can't really imagine Woobat or Swoobat screaming loudly. :p

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's odd how Cool Hole/Icy Cave, which is supposed to be Ice-based, so far has a very low amount of Ice-Types....

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This may sound stupid coming from me, but I wished that Spheal came out of the water. Yeah, I know that would mean a boatload of Spheal, but I loved the "in-the-lake-gimmick".

AnorexicSnorlax

Boulder Trainer
Are there overworld sprites for new pokemon? In B/W they didn't add them for the 5th gen. I just found these, but i remember i saw the 4 deerlings.
http://i47.*******.com/m7cfp5.png

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Out of all the announced 5th gen Pokemon in Dream World, I wonder if Shelmet (given its usual spot in Unova encounters) will be in a pond in Pleasant Forest. Tympole is bound to already be in one.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The mini-game system has now been changed. Here are some changes I observed from a youtube video.

Relicanth (at least the Male) wants to do Pokemon Search instead of Wailord’s Water Spout.
Omanyte (at least the Male) does the Pokemon Café Mini-game.
Baltoy does the new mini-game inspired by the treasure box game with Victini.
-In this mini-game Charizard collects power orbs and breaks the treasure barrier.
Area exclusive mini-games are now in different areas.
-Mantine (at least the Male) does the Frozen Treat Sweep Mini-game.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I did my run and I managed to get a female Sandshrew with Counter, and it was the only female I got from that run.

Icy Cave
Pleasant Forest
Spooky Mansion
Icy Cave
Icy Cave

I think Vanilluxe was the reason I went to the Icy Cave a lot.
Yeah, the English BW2 site says when connecting to the Dream World with BW2, the type of the Pokemon you tuck in has an effect on what area you go to on the Island of Dreams.

R_N

from smogon, more Pokemon found. Lots of middle stagers

CDk80.jpg

k56XF.jpg

jeiKY.jpg

AybBO.jpg

5500 point benchmarks for sure

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Am I the only one who loss all his berry with the BW2 updated?

If you don't go to the DW for over 100 days, all of your berries are reduced to one in exchange for points.
Another brilliant innovation by game freak.

It's nice to see more pokemon available. Only 56 more lines to go!!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
oh wow, SCOLIPEDE?

Never thought I would see another Stage 2 Pokemon in DW.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
oh wow, SCOLIPEDE?

Never thought I would see a Stage 2 Pokemon in DW.
Butterfree's feelings got hurt.

I know what you are talking about though.

Anyway, with the new DW and HH Pokemon revealed. Here is what we are left with.

Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Audino
Gurdurr
Throh
Sawk
Krookidile
Maractus
Crustle
Scraggy
Tirtuga
Gothorita
Solosis
Emolga
Galvantula
Litwick
Axew
Golett

According to that sprite sheet shown earlier.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Butterfree's feelings got hurt.

I know what you are talking about though.

Anyway, with the new DW and HH Pokemon revealed. Here is what we are left with.

List

According to that sprite sheet shown earlier.

Smogon found some more.

Specifically:
Maractus
Crustle
Emolga
Galvantula

So we just need:
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Audino
Gurdurr
Throh
Sawk
Krookidile
Scraggy
Tirtuga
Gothorita
Solosis
Litwick
Axew
Golett

and ~38 other lines from previous gens

R_N

This only happens when you register B2 or W2 right?

Yeah, the 5th gen guys are only available when you go to the dream world with B2/W2

By the way, there is, apparently, another area in the code called "Dream Park"
I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a lot of the Unova stragglers when it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.