• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Therian Forme Tornadus only has Regenerator. Switch it into Incarnate Forme, its ability will change into Defiant.

Ooh right I see! Thanks :)

alakazam^

So, how much long do you think the DW will remain open, now that the 6th generation is comming? Are tehre any news areas to be open?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So, how much long do you think the DW will remain open, now that the 6th generation is comming? Are tehre any news areas to be open?

I think it'll stay open. They might add some 6th gen only areas, but I think for the most part they'll handle it like they do in BW2, where they utilize old areas but change the availability of certain Pokemon. I'm more curious about how items will be handled, since 6th gen DW will likely have some new items floating around people's Share Shelves.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
They can set it so that you can't trade the item off the Share Shelf if you're using B/W/B2/W2. I'm very sure PGL keeps a track on what game we're currently using.

As for new areas, what else they can add? We already have a park, a manor, a forest, the sea, the sky, a cave, and a mountain range.

The only other area I think they can add is a beach area, but what kind of Pokemon will be available there? Everything they can add to the area, up to Gen V, are already available, with the exception of legendaries, starters, and for whatever reason, the elemental monkeys, Archen, Gothita line, and Litwick line.

alakazam^

Hmm, I think the Dream World will be a 5th Gen only quirk. They still haven't closed Gen 4's GTS but I guess that's a different thing and more "necessary".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I went on the Dream World this morning and after tucking in a Glameow, I wandered around the Dream Park area several times. I befriended 9 Pokemon and I decided to keep the only female (Slakoth). I headed back to my house after that and I harvested my berries. I wandered around other people's gardens and I watered some dry berries, then I searched through Share Shelves. I finally found a Rowap Berry and I planted it in my garden. I added a couple of Dream Pals then I signed off after buying some furniture from the catalog.

They can set it so that you can't trade the item off the Share Shelf if you're using B/W/B2/W2. I'm very sure PGL keeps a track on what game we're currently using.

As for new areas, what else they can add? We already have a park, a manor, a forest, the sea, the sky, a cave, and a mountain range.

The only other area I think they can add is a beach area, but what kind of Pokemon will be available there? Everything they can add to the area, up to Gen V, are already available, with the exception of legendaries, starters, and for whatever reason, the elemental monkeys, Archen, Gothita line, and Litwick line.

jungle, desert, city, etc.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Maintenance was being done for hours. On the one hand, it meant that my Leppa bushes dried out and I got less yield for them, annoying when I'm saving them for a Charmander doll. On the other hand, going on so soon after the work was done meant that I had first dibs on the Share Shelf stock, and I found a Salac and Liechi berry! As soom as my Micle and Rowap bushes are finished, I'll start growing them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
jungle, desert, city, etc.

I was considering several options, actually, and most of those would cause an imbalance in the distribution, either because they're too niche to have that many Pokemon appear, or because they would cause other areas to become too niche. It's not really that simple. But in general, I do think they should spread Pokemon out to other areas and decrease the amount of Pokemon that appear in each area, it's a bit ridiculous.

I was considering several options, actually, and most of those would cause an imbalance in the distribution, either because they're too niche to have that many Pokemon appear, or because they would cause other areas to become too niche. It's not really that simple. But in general, I do think they should spread Pokemon out to other areas and decrease the amount of Pokemon that appear in each area, it's a bit ridiculous.

Right, but if the DW exists in Gen 6, then they can freely change what appears. Plus we know next to nothing about the types of Pokemon being introduced in Gen 6, so many could fill such habitats (do note that the ones I gave were just examples).

eh, for the jungle, we already have Pleasant Forest.

... those don't have much in common.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Right, but if the DW exists in Gen 6, then they can freely change what appears. Plus we know next to nothing about the types of Pokemon being introduced in Gen 6, so many could fill such habitats (do note that the ones I gave were just examples).

That is true, but overall, there'd be less Pokemon that can fill those habitats. It's not really as viable as the existing ones.

They could make it so you find 30 or so Pokemon per area, which is still a nice variety, and allow multiple new areas with such. Also, keep in mind that they can reassign old Pokemon to potential new areas.

Katsuragi

I was wondering why do people most of the time always go for Female Pokemon on the DW.
Is that because they can pass the Hidden Ability by doing breeding ?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They could make it so you find 30 or so Pokemon per area, which is still a nice variety, and allow multiple new areas with such. Also, keep in mind that they can reassign old Pokemon to potential new areas.

There's already about that much. They should lower it to about 15-20, the areas are absolutely stuffed with Pokemon and it gets pretty ridiculous to find specific Pokemon there, let alone a Female.

I was wondering why do people most of the time always go for Female Pokemon on the DW.

That's exactly the reason.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!

that's why i do it...with the new move tutors, some of the special DW moves aren't so special, but you'll always need a female for the ability to pass on...

Katsuragi

I see, thanks, both of you.
I shall start doing that as well since most of the DW Abilities are better than the Normal ones.

49 are found in Pleasant Forest
24 are found in Windswept Sky
39 are found in Sparkling Sea
31 are found in Spooky Manor
30 are found in Rugged Mountain
29 are found in Icy Cave
34 are found in Dream Park

There are about 236 in total, however since Tailow and Hoppip are found in two different locations; nonetheless it's 234. I'm not sure about the Goldeen and Seaking family since either of the two can have the same ability, so wouldn't that be 233 then? Man I wish there was an easier way to make a spreadsheet of the various Pokemon in different locations like bulbapedia and serebii have.

Status
Not open for further replies.