• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Dream World Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It is a HUGE pain in the butt to get rare female Pokemon through the Hidden Grottoes. I check my Hidden Grottoes almost every day and I've only found 4 or 5 Pokemon, none of them Uncommon or Rare, and only one female. It's much faster and easier to get them through the Dream World. Those DWF Pokemon may require 10,000+ points, but it's more than possible to get them before the Dream World is shut down. Furthermore, alessandrae can be collecting those non-in-game Pokemon WHILE he/she's racking up the 10,000+ points to get the useful ones. And I'd rather get the male DW move Pokemon through the actual Dream World for free while I can rather than waste Shards. Why waste the shards when they're right there on the Dream World?

I also chose those Pokemon because they're useful competitively. A Pokemon such as DWF Krookodile is not viable competitively. Krookodile needs Moxie, not Anger Point. At this point, it's not wise to waste time trying to collect all of the DWFs, or the ones you can't get in-game, because of the DW shutdown. It's best to get the Pokemon that are competitively useful, like the ones I listed.

Forget about what's competitively useful and what's not, that's not important, he may not even care about competitive anyway. You can always get the Hidden Grotto Pokemon and shards at your own leisure, but the DW is closing, so you should give priority to what can only be obtained through the DW. What you need to do is make a list of what you want, with the rarest and most (personally) valued Pokemon at the top and then work your way down. And then when you go on to the DW, aim to befriend Pokemon that are as high up your list as possible. Keep working off that list each time until the DW closes, and then trade for the rest.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
alessandrae asked for Pokemon with "better Dream World abilities". The Pokemon with good Dream World abilities are the ones that are competitively viable, like the ones I listed. Krookodile might only be available in the DW, but it does not have a good Dream World ability, because Moxie is better than Anger Point. Vulpix has a good Dream World ability because Drought is better than Flash Fire.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Will dream world be reopening before the release of x and y? I still need to get the medal for my black 2 game for tucking in a pokemon -_-

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Will dream world be reopening before the release of x and y? I still need to get the medal for my black 2 game for tucking in a pokemon -_-

The Dream World is open now. You can register up until October 12. The Global Link will be closed from October 1 to October 12 for maintenance, and no new members will be allowed to register after that. I'm not sure if you can continue to register during the maintenance or not, so I would register by September 30 just to be safe.

The Dream World will continue to operate as normal until Tuesday, December 10. This gives you approximately a month and a half to two months to use the Dream World before it shuts down for good.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Funny thing about Emolga, it's the most frequent Pokemon I encounter at Windswept Sky when I'm searching for the female Sigilyph. I found a female Shuckle today. All that is left for White is Combee, Hoot Hoot, and Dunsparce. I got to befriend at least 27 Pokemon (or more due to male genders or no genders and exclusive Pokemon moves) until I reach the Dream Seeker medal (or whatever the befriend 100 Pokemon medal is called). Also, remember to stock up all your berries and plant/water as many as you can! Some berries grow towards only a day (like Pinap will give you eight berries the day after).

That Medal will be impossible to get if you still need 27 Pokémon.

You see, it refers to sending/capturing Pokémon from the DW/Entralink, not just befriending them.
It's called Dozing Capture.

I still need like 40, so it's out of the question for me.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That Medal will be impossible to get if you still need 27 Pokémon.

You see, it refers to sending/capturing Pokémon from the DW/Entralink, not just befriending them.
It's called Dozing Capture.

I still need like 40, so it's out of the question for me.

There's about 63-64 days left for the DW, that's plenty of time. You're only going to get locked out of the DW after October if you don't have an account, otherwise there's a 12 day maintenance period and then you have until December 10th.

Mew The Gato

I am pretty sure you can still use the Dream World. Perhaps you had already tucked in the Pokemon for the day?

alessandrae

Go for something that can't be found in the main games, like DWf Krookodile or Duosion or something (I'm not really sure those abilities are really amazing competitively, those are just examples of Hidden Abilities you can only find in the DW)

Yes, thank you, I would like that. I have two accounts so I can still get a decent amount of pokemon until the GL closes, but how do I know which are the ones that have exclusive DW abilities? Is there a list I can read somewhere?

I also chose those Pokemon because they're useful competitively. A Pokemon such as DWF Krookodile is not viable competitively. Krookodile needs Moxie, not Anger Point. At this point, it's not wise to waste time trying to collect all of the DWFs, or the ones you can't get in-game, because of the DW shutdown. It's best to get the Pokemon that are competitively useful, like the ones I listed.

I am definitely getting the ones you listed since they are the best, but I still have a long way to go before I reach 10,000 points. I'd like to know which ones are worth transfering while I work my way up to getting that Bagon and Dratini hahah. So I'd go for any good ones or DW exclusives that I can get in the meantime.

make a list of what you want, with the rarest and most (personally) valued Pokemon at the top and then work your way down. And then when you go on to the DW, aim to befriend Pokemon that are as high up your list as possible. Keep working off that list each time until the DW closes, and then trade for the rest.

Thank you for this idea, I will definitely try that.

Thank you both so much for your help! your advice has been very useful for helping me figure out what I want to get out of the DW. And Alessandra is a girl's name, btw :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Yes, thank you, I would like that. I have two accounts so I can still get a decent amount of pokemon until the GL closes, but how do I know which are the ones that have exclusive DW abilities? Is there a list I can read somewhere?

I am definitely getting the ones you listed since they are the best, but I still have a long way to go before I reach 10,000 points. I'd like to know which ones are worth transfering while I work my way up to getting that Bagon and Dratini hahah. So I'd go for any good ones or DW exclusives that I can get in the meantime.

Thank you for this idea, I will definitely try that.

Thank you both so much for your help! your advice has been very useful for helping me figure out what I want to get out of the DW. And Alessandra is a girl's name, btw :)

Okay, I'm going to do my best to list Pokemon that are exclusive to the Dream World, like Bolt said, and also Pokemon that are useful competitively, like I said.

Dream World Exclusives (i.e., Dream World abilities cannot be obtained in-game. Does not include Pokemon that have been released as past events, since you can't get those in the Dream World anymore)

Kanto families
Pidgey
Rattata
Spearow
Ekans
Sandshrew
Igglybuff (also available on Dream Radar)
Zubat
Oddish
Paras
Diglett
Growlithe
Abra
Machop
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Slowpoke (also available on Dream Radar)
Magnemite
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Seel
Shellder
Onix
Drowzee
Voltorb
Exeggcute
Cubone
Tyrogue (since Tyrogue is always male, if you want a DW Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop, you will need three Tyrogues)
Lickitung
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Goldeen/Seaking
Staryu (also available on Dream Radar)
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Smoochum (also available on Dream Radar)
Elekid
Magby
Tauros
Magikarp
Lapras
Eevee (if you want a female. A male is a gift in Castelia City)
Omanyte
Kabuto
Aerodactyl

Johto families

Sentret
Hoothoot (also available on Dream Radar)
Ledyba
Spinarak
Chinchou
Natu
Mareep
Sudowoodo
Hoppip
Aipom
Sunkern
Yanma
Wooper
Girafarig
Pineco
Qwilfish
Shuckle (also available on Dream Radar)
Slugma
Swinub
Remoraid
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Stantler
Smeargle
Miltank
Larvitar

Hoenn families

Poochyena
Zigzagoon
Wurmple
Seedot
Taillow
Surskit
Nincada
Whismur
Skitty
Aron
Volbeat
Illumise
Roselia
Gulpin
Carvanha
Wailmer
Numel
Torkoal
Spoink
Trapinch
Cacnea
Barboach
Corphish
Lileep
Anorith
Feebas
Shuppet
Tropius
Snorunt
Clamperl
Relicanth
Luvdisc

Sinnoh Families

Staravia
Kricketot
Shinx
Burmy
Buizel
Drifloon (also available on Dream Radar)
Buneary
Gible
Hippopotas
Croagunk
Finneon
Snover

Unova families

Pidove
Boldore
Woobat
Drilbur
Audino
Gurdurr
Tympole
Throh
Sawk
Scolipede
Cottonee
Petilil
Basculin
Krookodile
Maractus
Crustle
Scraggy
Sigilyph (also available on Dream Radar)
Tirtouga
Duosion
Ducklett
Vanillish
Emolga
Karrablast
Alomomola
Galvantula
Klang
Elgyem
Axew
Shelmet
Stunfisk
Druddigon
Golett
Pawniard
Heatmor
Durant

If you are playing as a BOY, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

Mankey
Cranidos
Sableye
Phanpy

If you're playing as a GIRL, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

Meowth
Shieldon
Teddiursa
Mawile

Pokemon that are competitively useful (in my opinion. Others will probably add or take away from this list):

Female:
Vulpix
Poliwag
Abra
Eevee (for Magic Bounce Espeon and Hydration Vaporeon)
Gligar
Bagon
Dratini
Sableye
Gible
Shellder
Magikarp
Tentacool

Male: (many of these can be taught the moves at Move Tutors for Shards)
Stealth Rocks Larvitar
Roost Skarmory
Stealth Rocks Aeordactyl
Bounce Magikarp
Outrage Bagon

anything that learns Stealth Rocks, Roost, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Drain Punch, Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch, Baton Pass, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, or Outrage that you think might be useful for breeding purposes.

Last edited:

Asrialys

I am pretty sure you can still use the Dream World. Perhaps you had already tucked in the Pokemon for the day?
That may be it. I was looking over my records and noticed that days I got two Pokemon were after days I hadn't visited the Dream World. It's possible there was already a Pokemon asleep beforehand.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay, I'm going to do my best to list Pokemon that are exclusive to the Dream World, like Bolt said, and also Pokemon that are useful competitively, like I said.

Dream World Exclusives (i.e., Dream World abilities cannot be obtained in-game. Does not include Pokemon that have been released as past events, since you can't get those in the Dream World anymore)

Kanto families
Pidgey
Rattata
Spearow
Ekans
Sandshrew
Igglybuff (also available on Dream Radar)
Zubat
Oddish
Paras
Diglett
Growlithe
Abra
Machop
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Slowpoke (also available on Dream Radar)
Magnemite
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Seel
Shellder
Onix
Drowzee
Voltorb
Exeggcute
Cubone
Tyrogue (since Tyrogue is always male, if you want a DW Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop, you will need three Tyrogues)
Lickitung
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Goldeen/Seaking
Staryu (also available on Dream Radar)
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Smoochum (also available on Dream Radar)
Elekid
Magby
Tauros
Magikarp
Lapras
Eevee (if you want a female. A male is a gift in Castelia City)
Omanyte
Kabuto
Aerodactyl

Johto families

Sentret
Hoothoot (also available on Dream Radar)
Ledyba
Spinarak
Chinchou
Natu
Mareep
Sudowoodo
Hoppip
Aipom
Sunkern
Yanma
Wooper
Girafarig
Pineco
Qwilfish
Shuckle (also available on Dream Radar)
Slugma
Swinub
Remoraid
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Stantler
Smeargle
Miltank
Larvitar

Hoenn families

Poochyena
Zigzagoon
Wurmple
Seedot
Taillow
Surskit
Nincada
Whismur
Skitty
Aron
Volbeat
Illumise
Roselia
Gulpin
Carvanha
Wailmer
Numel
Torkoal
Spoink
Trapinch
Cacnea
Barboach
Corphish
Lileep
Anorith
Feebas
Shuppet
Tropius
Snorunt
Clamperl
Relicanth
Luvdisc

Sinnoh Families

Staravia
Kricketot
Shinx
Burmy
Buizel
Drifloon (also available on Dream Radar)
Buneary
Gible
Hippopotas
Croagunk
Finneon
Snover

Unova families

Pidove
Boldore
Woobat
Drilbur
Audino
Gurdurr
Tympole
Throh
Sawk
Scolipede
Cottonee
Petilil
Basculin
Krookodile
Maractus
Crustle
Scraggy
Sigilyph (also available on Dream Radar)
Tirtouga
Duosion
Ducklett
Vanillish
Emolga
Karrablast
Alomomola
Galvantula
Klang
Elgyem
Axew
Shelmet
Stunfisk
Druddigon
Golett
Pawniard
Heatmor
Durant

If you are playing as a BOY, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

Mankey
Cranidos
Sableye
Phanpy

If you're playing as a GIRL, you will also need to get these Pokemon:

Meowth
Shieldon
Teddiursa
Mawile

Pokemon that are competitively useful (in my opinion. Others will probably add or take away from this list):

Female:
Vulpix
Poliwag
Abra
Eevee (for Magic Bounce Espeon and Hydration Vaporeon)
Gligar
Bagon
Dratini
Sableye
Gible
Shellder
Magikarp
Tentacool

Male: (many of these can be taught the moves at Move Tutors for Shards)
Stealth Rocks Larvitar
Roost Skarmory
Stealth Rocks Aeordactyl
Bounce Magikarp
Outrage Bagon

anything that learns Stealth Rocks, Roost, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Drain Punch, Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch, Baton Pass, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, or Outrage that you think might be useful for breeding purposes.

Nice list, but I'd like to point out that some of the Pokemon available in Hidden Grottoes, the Dream Radar, and the Yancy/Curtis trades are not available in BW2's Dream World. And since alessandrae didn't specify whether or not she has BW1, it's worth pointing out which ones can't be obtained in BW2. These are the ones that are not available in BW2's Dream World (if you have BW1, you can get it in those games' DW, but otherwise you need to obtain it through the method mentioned):

Butterfree (Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest)
Nidoran (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 2)
Clefairy (Hidden Grotto in Giant Chasm)
Igglybuff (Dream Radar)
Venonat (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
Meowth (Trade with Yancy)
Mankey (Trade with Curtis)
Slowpoke (Dream Radar)
Grimer (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 9)
Krabby (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 18)
Rhyhorn (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
Staryu (Dream Radar)
Smoochum (Dream Radar)
Hoothoot (Dream Radar)
Wobbuffet (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
Dunsparce (Hidden Grotto in Flocessy Ranch or Rt. 6)
Shuckle (Dream Radar)
Teddiursa (Trade with Yancy)
Corsola (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 18)
Phanpy (Trade with Curtis)
Lotad (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
Wingull (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 22)
Ralts (Dream Radar or Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
Makuhita (Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest)
Nosepass (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 6)
Sableye (Trade with Curtis)
Mawile (Trade with Yancy)
Meditite (Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest)
Electrike (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
Spinda (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
Swablu (Hidden Grotto in Abundant Shrine or Dream Radar)
Zangoose (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 7 and Rt. 23)
Seviper (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 7 and Rt. 23)
Spheal (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 13)
Beldum (Hidden Grotto in Giant Chasm or Dream Radar)
Cranidos (Trade with Curtis)
Shieldon (Trade with Yancy)
Combee (Hidden Grotto in Lostlorn Forest)
Pachirisu (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 3)
Shellos (Yancy gives you West Sea, Curtis gives you East Sea)
Drifloon (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 13 or Dream Radar)
Bronzor (Dream Radar)
Chatot (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 18)
Spiritomb (Trade with Yancy or Curtis)
Riolu (Dream Radar)
Skorupi (Hidden Grotto on Rt. 13)

You'll definitely need to do some trading to obtain all of them if you don't have BW1, at the very least you'll need to trade for Beedrill (which can only be obtained in BW1's Dream World and one of the Pinwheel Forest Hidden Grottoes in Black 2), Darmanitan (only catchable in BW1's post game and not available in any way in BW2) and either Curtis' Pokemon if you're playing as the male character or Yancy's Pokemon if you're playing as the female character.

I'm not going to bother debating which ones are competitively useful since my knowledge of competitive battling is somewhat limited, so I'm just going to leave your suggestions alone.

Last edited:

Celina

So, despite the unlikelyness, I have decided to try and work my butt off with the Dream World by borrowing a friend's phone to connect to use it among other things...

Unfortunately, I am REALLY bad with berries. Does anyone know what are the quickest items to get based off berry amount and how long they take to grow? X__x I still need several though. But yeah, this would help a lot so I know which to focus on planting-wise and stuff... And need to find dream friends to add...

alessandrae

Bolt the Cat and Varanus_komodoensis.. I can't thank you two enough!! Really, thank you guys so much for all of this. You didn't have to do a list, it was very kind of you, and not just for me, but for everyone who is wondering which pokemon are worth getting in the DW, since we don't have much time left. I'm sure it will be useful for other players as well.
I don't have B/W.. I might get one just for the sake of completion, but not right now (X is my priority, and getting a 3DS) I don't own a 3DS either so no dream radar for now. I will take the lists that you two made and see which pokemon I can get. Thanks again for everything :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
There's about 63-64 days left for the DW, that's plenty of time. You're only going to get locked out of the DW after October if you don't have an account, otherwise there's a 12 day maintenance period and then you have until December 10th.

Yes, I realize.

I was confused due to Serebii's announcement, and a slightly nclear description of the Web (and an inability to get to the table which shows what goes offline on what time).

I used to be able to get at most two Pokemon from the Dream World a day back in the day before it stopped me from putting a Pokemon to sleep. Is this no longer possible? :/

This is what I get for slacking off...

lol 87 more...

Anyway, heading out to bury my sorrow with a new Pokemon XY 3DS XL...

That was never possible unless you had one Pokémon from the Dream World and one Event, or two Evens

And now the hunt for the final DW female Pokemon, Combee. I was lucky to get a female Hoot Hoot today on White. I'm getting exclusive moves for each Pokemon on White2. It wouldn't hurt to pick up some extra male or no gender pokemon with a different ability with the right nature. By the way, can DW Pokemon be shiny?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
And now the hunt for the final DW female Pokemon, Combee. I was lucky to get a female Hoot Hoot today on White. I'm getting exclusive moves for each Pokemon on White2. It wouldn't hurt to pick up some extra male or no gender pokemon with a different ability with the right nature. By the way, can DW Pokemon be shiny?

DW Pokemon can only be shiny if you breed them. A Pokemon caught in the Entree forest cannot be shiny.

oh crap, I think I just deleted my female Hoot Hoot from existence yesterday. I was waking up my pokemon yesterday and I hit the wrong button the 3DS when I was in a rush. I don't see the female Hoot Hoot at all in the Dream World despite the fact it says I befriended it. Guess I have to look for it again.

Y'know, even though I'll probably never get the 30 People Funfest and Scored 1,000 Medals in White 2, there's always the possibility I can get them in the future. But now, there are Dream World medals I know I'll never be able to get. This is the biggest blow to my completionism since I was barred from ever visiting Liberty Garden in White and Black.

How's anyone else in terms of Dream World medals? Does anyone reading this have potentially all of the ones announced? I bought every house and every Decor and Doll, and I made it to over 100,000 DP but less than 200,000, and I participated in every WiFi tournament after White 2's release. So I guess I can't complain. (Unless I want to complain about wasting my life away...)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
oh crap, I think I just deleted my female Hoot Hoot from existence yesterday. I was waking up my pokemon yesterday and I hit the wrong button the 3DS when I was in a rush. I don't see the female Hoot Hoot at all in the Dream World despite the fact it says I befriended it. Guess I have to look for it again.

Try tucking it in and waking up again?

Y'know, even though I'll probably never get the 30 People Funfest and Scored 1,000 Medals in White 2, there's always the possibility I can get them in the future. But now, there are Dream World medals I know I'll never be able to get. This is the biggest blow to my completionism since I was barred from ever visiting Liberty Garden in White and Black.

How's anyone else in terms of Dream World medals? Does anyone reading this have potentially all of the ones announced? I bought every house and every Decor and Doll, and I made it to over 100,000 DP but less than 200,000, and I participated in every WiFi tournament after White 2's release. So I guess I can't complain. (Unless I want to complain about wasting my life away...)

Yeah, I'll only get like, three Medals since I only have one house, 10 pieces of (free) Decor, and I've participated in like, 2 Tournaments since I didn't have a 3DS until the last two Tournaments <_<

Clamperlz, I only just got 50 Pokémon, and today I got a Female Zubat.
Not what I was looking for...
But the only other thing I found before timed out was a Male Water Gun Wailmer <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.