• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Emergency! (002)

I miss when Ash actually had a reason to be stupid, now he just acts stupid for the hell of it.

mifune

I think this episode, more than the first, is where a lot of people got hooked, when it showed Ash trying to defend Pikachu, and then Pikachu defending him, forging that bond that they have.

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
Whoa...The arguing between Ash and Misty seems interesting and the first appearance of Team Rocket makes it more incredible....

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Man oh man. I remember seeing this episode back in the day, and thinking to myself, "Team Rocket was flippin awesome!"

... Now I find myself wondering "where did they go wrong?" =\

This is one of my favorite episodes either, mostly because Team Rocket were awesome, and I could actually take them seriously as villains. When James ripped down that poster and the two of them were talking about an unflattering picture... I agreed. Those pictures did not do them justice back in the day :p Plus, they were also threatening. They were after rare Pokemon (not just any Pokemon like they are today), they were rude, crude and pretty funny ("I think she's pretty, too. Pretty pathetic.") Awesome :3

dagon22

Charmander master!
I remembe when I first saw this episode, it was love at first sight. Ok, that went to far. However, I did really like this episode. I thought that James was cool looking. James, pikachu, and Meowth had weird voices. Pikachu looks different then he does now. The pokedex says When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms, does that mean that it storms often there? Why didn't Misty use staryu or starmie? Maybe she didn't want to give it away that she was a gym leader.

katfairy

What struck me most about this episode was Nurse Joy's attitude. When a little kid comes in looking the way Ash did and has an injured companion, what kind of idiot would immediately yell at the kid and tell him it was his fault? (And yes, I do consider ten to be a little kid.)

PenguinBeam

Wish. Hope. Believe.
This episode, in my opinion, was one of the most important episodes to the series. I mean, think about it: This was when Team Rocket would start following Ash for just about every episode to come, this was the first time someone started traveling with Ash, the first time Ash was challenged in a trainer battle, and the first time a destroyed bike was mentioned by the female who owned said bike (this one isn't as important as the others, though). I may be able to think up more if I really tried, but I don't want to try(What?! It's Saturday, and I don't like to think too hard on Saturdays...).

Manchee

extra toasty
I miss the Team Rocket that was actually more violent and devious. They are really annoying and stupid now imo. They repeat the same things and when Meowth does his vision with Giovanni really makes me want to punch him. Don't get me wrong, I love Meowth, but his old character/personality was better.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I miss the old Days when TR actually seemed threatening.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Good episode. Team Rocket was just so pure evilish. All the Pikachus jumping off the wall or whatever was so cute.

Last edited:

Sonic15

May Fanboy
Team rocket was so awesome in this episode. In fact, during the begining of this season they were my all time favorite villains. I can't say that about them now :(

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode was great, it showed character development between ash and pikachu and it shows how much ash cares about his little electric buddy. Ash becomes a great trainer after this episode and pikachu becomes his best friend. T

danparker

This was the first episode of Pokemon I've ever watched. I first saw it back 10 years ago. Back then, I was new to Pokemon, but I soon learned what goes on in it. Anyway, I liked this episode. My favorite part is the attack of team rocket. I did enjoyed Koffing and Ekans in this episode and later on. My favorite parts is when the Pikachus/Pikachu electrocuted Team Rocket (The scenes were funny). I used to believe that Pikachu can only attack then they touch an electrical device, though.

.Wind.

Banned
I recently going through the Kanto series and I think it's funny how in this one Jessie said Pikachu would be a waste of their time and now here we are 10 yrs later and they ae still trying to snag it...

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
I'm really glad that Misty & Ash met. Misty, IMO, is such a great character & no matter what people say, she played a great role in the Anime & will always be missed. But anyways, I actually almost took Team Rocket for powerful when I first watched this episode. Haha. The Pikachu at the end in this epi were so cute <3 I loved seeing so many.

I give this episode a:
6.1/10

Last edited: