• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Emergency! (002)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think he caught a good enough glimpse of Ho-Oh so there's no excuse for messing up like that lmao..

But again he was just a rookie here so it's not too bad that he made a mistake and it's not like it was damaging any ways since Oak corrected him. ^^

5221A

"Will Misty ever get her bike?" I think 4Kids knew that the answer is no.

After the recap we see Jenny getting in the way of Ash, and for some reason she is always smiling, seriously there is a hurt and possibly stolen Pokemon and you are just smiling. And you think Oak would have mentioned the pokedex being Ash's trainer ID. We see Jenny driving into the Pokemon center and Joy is not happy (sorry!), honestly, based on Joy's reaction, I think she drives in frequently.

The Pigey that came out of the clock is green, not sure why. It really is nice to see Ash call his mum, it makes sense and is sweet, except for the fact that she is for some reason obsessed with underwear.

I liked Team Rocket this episode, the voice actors fit the characters and they were menacing (for the last time). Meowth's VA is questionable though, so are his lines. Funny thing, if they just took Pikachu and left then they would not spend 19+ seasons running after Ash and crew.

The highlight is Oak making a million dollar bet with his grandson. Just kidding, in all seriousness they really nail the mood of being in a hospital waiting for someone it is worrisome and you just start to pay attention to everything.

Ash thinking that the Pokemon in the tablet is Ho Oh reminds me of the Pokemon fanbase before internet was mainstream, it is also funny that one of the few legendary Pokemon Ash dose not see is Ho Oh.

Now on to Misty, I am a bit biased because she is my favorite companion (female at least) and I kinda like tomboys and the fact that she is still kinda girly makes her believable, that said she dose not do much here so... 7/10.

DatsRight

Misty shines much more here than she did in the first episode, even though her introduction was great. She really has it out for Ash in this episode for ruining her bike, yet she has a soft spot for Pikachu and genuinely worries about it (meanwhile chastising Ash for being careless). I don't understand why it was she was holding herself back from fighting against Team Rocket like that, she should've been really embarrassed for sending out Goldeen, and yet she remained calm and collected. Rather unusual, to be honest. You'd think she'd have shown off her skills as a trainer especially in front of Ash, but I guess they wanted to keep her identity a secret? Odd choice.

Awkwardness of the voices aside, Jessie, James and Meowth are rather villainous in this episode than they are in later episodes (for obvious reasons). They really do have that mysteriousness about them, and a dark side. However, I couldn't help but giggle over how James was a bit narcissistic about the wanted picture. He really wanted his "good" side taken xD. Meowth I swear sounds like Kraang. It wasn't him, but it's probably because they tried to make sure he had a verbal tic like he does in the original. Personally, I'm glad they got rid of that verbal tic later on, it got rather annoying pretty quickly. Back to Team Rocket, they can get violent if they wanted, they really destroyed the Pokémon Center before Ash and Pikachu blew it up (though technically it was because of Koffing). However, I think they put on more of a show of being threatening than they did in acting upon it. They're not comedic villains at this point, they are just doing their job, but they mostly stood there proclaiming "we'll steal the Pokémon" and making insults. And even then, I think they just let Ekans and Koffing go wild, they hardly gave them orders. Which is not a bad thing. At the end when they're talking about how strong that Pikachu was for its evolution, it's a bit odd how they didn't seem to care for the other Pikachu that were there. And the power was because Ash was powering up the blinker on Misty's charred bike, so that was where the power was coming from. Anything to make them obsessed with Pikachu, I guess.

The original script writer stated Misty was originally supposed to be a pretty clueless trainer more than she let on. I think that was meant to be a foreshadowing she didn't really know what she was doing, even if later episodes strayed from her being a total incompetent (making her more just capable, but not nearly as much as she thought she was).

One thing that kinda bugged me though. Anyone notice that when Ash tries to escape with Pikachu, Misty and Joy disappear for the rest of the climax and Team Rocket catch up with Ash near instantly. What happened with that diversion?

I have to agree with the trio though. It's kinda hard listening to them here. Even the new voices I feel work better for them, even when THEY tried the more serious characterisations. Ted Lewis just sounds generic and lacks that stuffy pompousness as James. Was never really big of Nathan Price's Meowth, he made him sound perpetually snide and obnoxious (though in his defence, his tenure lacking many softer moments for Meowth and the dub editing him into a boss wannabe didn't help). I have to agree the verbal tic didn't quite fit as naturally as it did with the Japanese version's 'Nya'. There's also some amusement in an episode where Lillis sounds less like her voice for Jessie than Knotz does.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. They actually don't really put up much of a fight here. The Pikachus jolt them and that's the start of them in butt monkey mode for four regions. There's actually many episodes where they are in bumbling mode and have way more of a tense battle with Ash. It was a good foreshadowing of how things would turn out for them really, their supposed sinister composure just being a load of hot air (that popped and blasted them off in the end). XD

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. They actually don't really put up much of a fight here. The Pikachus jolt them and that's the start of them in butt monkey mode for four regions. There's actually many episodes where they are in bumbling mode and have way more of a tense battle with Ash. It was a good foreshadowing of how things would turn out for them really, their supposed sinister composure just being a load of hot air (that popped and blasted them off in the end). XD

Jessie & James had only weak Pokemon like Ekans and Koffing here so them not putting up a good fight against the Pikachu army was to be expected.

Help! I need somebodyHelp! Not just anybody
Help! I need someone
HELLLP!
John Lennon of the Beatles, "Help"
This song describes this episode well. It's a very important one, it introduces Team Rocket, Jenny, and Joy!
Pokemon Episode 2 "Pokemon Emergency"
They're using "last time on Pokemon" bumps. Very soap-opera-y!
Jenny is introduced. Her voice is really bad, sounds like a Peanuts specials voice.
"Sit back and don't yell" and Ash promptly yells. Huh.
Team Rocket is introduced! And they have a Meowth shaped balloon! And their voices are actually GOOD!
And they have a Meowth! And it talks! And has an Australian accent!
* Meowth's random yelled "MEEowth" was a good chuckle.
THAT's the Pokemon center? Looks more like some fancy sports stadium.
Nurse Joy is introduced! Her voice is good as well! And she uses Windows 1.0!
Chanseys! They're so fat and cute! Their voices are kinda annoying though. It's kinda odd how they're constantly smiling no matter what.
Why is that Pidgey GREEN? #BloopersAhoy
** "Ring ring ring! Ring Ring Ring! Phone call! Phone call!"
Wait, they have phones on their computers? So they predicted Skype! Bravo.
Ash's father is mentioned, apparently for the ONLY time in the show.
CRITICAL FLAW: After Ash's mom says "I love you" Ash says "ME too" it should be "YOU too".
* The random Professor Oak cutaway.
Damn! I got the "Who's That Pokemon" wrong! I thought it was Weezing, it was Koffing!
What "Procedure" are they talking about? I hate ambiguity.
Koffing's pretty ugly.
Team Rocket says their motto for the first time!
"We're not interested in your pathetic electric rat" say Team Rocket. That would change very, very soon.
*** The Pika-power scene was hilarious!
"I think she's pretty too. Pretty pathetic" sick slam.
* Goldeen's voice while flopping on the floor was pretty funny.
** The action scenes in this episode were generally good. Team Rocket were actually THREATENING!
ASH JUST EXPLODED A POKEMON CENTER! Some "Hero".
The Poke-rap is literally one of the worst songs i've ever heard.
Closing Thoughts:
After the strong last episode, this one was weaker, but still okay.
The plot was good, though. Ash's injured Pikachu is transported to the Pokemon center, where they have to battle with Team Rocket to get it back. The plot was tense, interesting, and fun.
The action scenes were generally decent. It was surprising to see Team Rocket actually being threatening, instead of being just buffoons.
The humor was a bit weaker then before, but still mostly good. Highlight was the "Pika-power" scene.
Overall, 7/10. Okay.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'm really glad that Misty and Ash met properly here. I actually almost mistook Team Rocket for powerful when I first watched this episode and the Pikachu at the end in this episode were so cute.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I couldn't help but laugh when Junsa drove Satoshi to Tokiwa City's Pokemon Center, and when Kasumi appeared in the lobby carrying her broken bicycle. The Rocket-dan seemed so menacing here, and I liked how despite her anger at Satoshi, Kasumi was willing to help out against the Rocket-dan with her Tosakinto.

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked this episode, but it wasn't great. I felt bad for Pikachu in the emergency room and Team Rocket broke in and caused havoc even when Pikachu was hurt, it seemed wrong. Team Rocket seemed so much more sinister in this episode then how they are now it's amazing!

Bananarama

The light is coming
I didn't notice this when I watched the episode the first time, but when Ash's mom tells him she loves him, he responds with "me too". I thought that was pretty weird, but I got a chuckle out of that for some reason.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Funny how Ash's dad was only mentioned in passing here, yet fans keep thinking he has relevance and will show up eventually...

I didn't notice this when I watched the episode the first time, but when Ash's mom tells him she loves him, he responds with "me too". I thought that was pretty weird, but I got a chuckle out of that for some reason.

Lol, Ash was so conceited back in Kanto. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked this episode, but it wasn't great. I felt bad for Pikachu in the emergency room and Team Rocket broke in and caused havoc even when Pikachu was hurt, it seemed wrong. Team Rocket seemed so much more sinister in this episode then how they are now it's amazing!

The Rocket-dan acting like genuine villains here was what I liked the best, especially since they managed to corner Satoshi, Kasumi, and Joi on their own, and they would've succeeded in stealing all the Pokemon in the Pokemon Center if Satoshi hadn't charged up his Pikachu with the help of those other Pikachu.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I also believe that Delia doesn't want to reveal that Ash's father is really the boss of Team Rocket, Giovanni, because she is ashamed of this fact.

If this turns out to be the case, then a lot of things would change - you don't steal from the boss's kid for instance.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I also believe that Delia doesn't want to reveal that Ash's father is really the boss of Team Rocket, Giovanni, because she is ashamed of this fact.

If this turns out to be the case, then a lot of things would change - you don't steal from the boss's kid for instance.

I don't think she was purposely hiding anything regarding the identity of Satoshi's father in this episode, though. The fact that she only mentioned him once kind of proves that Satoshi's dad was never going to be important.