• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Emergency! (002)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I have seen plenty of people express displeasure at the fact how his origins for Pokémon were that one day they magically appeared in the world. It's lame, contrived and lessens the universe imo. The gen 4 explanation for the origins is so much better and I'm glad shudo's idea for that was scrapped. Also his ending basically setting up ash to be a loser is something I'm sure lots of fans won't like either.
I didn’t think they suddenly appeared without an explanation; I thought they appeared & no one studied them long enough to figure out where exactly they came from, partially because more appeared whenever someone tried to study them. Basically, I took it as something they could’ve explored later on if the series developed differently.

I should note there’s a difference between disliking an idea & finding an idea uninteresting. I don’t like the idea of a Spartacus-type war between Pokémon & humans, but I still find it interesting, like a train wreck. Making a pair of theives the main characters of a kid’s adventure show is probably a bad idea too, but it’s still interesting, in a “what was he thinking” kinda way.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I didn’t think they suddenly appeared without an explanation; I thought they appeared & no one studied them long enough to figure out where exactly they came from, partially because more appeared whenever someone tried to study them. Basically, I took it as something they could’ve explored later on if the series developed differently.

I should note there’s a difference between disliking an idea & finding an idea uninteresting. I don’t like the idea of a Spartacus-type war between Pokemon & humans, but I still find it interesting, like a train wreck. Making a pair of theaves the main characters of a kid’s adventure show is probably a bad idea too, but it’s still interesting, in a “what was he thinking” kinda way.
He wrote though that they they appeared under a single night, in a poof kinda way

pacman000

Reread the prolog & 1st chapter of that novel. The prolog says they appeared in one night, but the 1st chapter ends with an essay discussing their origins, how long they’d been here, etc. If I remember right the book goes on like that for a few chapters, adding bits to the mythology. What I stated before was a general impression of 3-4 chapters.

Having said that, this stuff was retconned even in Shudo’s tenure; he wanted Lugia to be the creator of all life in the Pokemon world.

Last edited:

pacman000

Still reading that novel, translated by a fan. It looks like Meowth considered himself TR’s boss, tho they might not have agreed:

‘“Nyattack! (Attack!)” Nyarth shouted. Nyarth considered himself as the leader.
“We don't need a kitty cat to tell us that! ... Whoosh.”‘

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
Still reading that novel, translated by a fan. It looks like Meowth considered himself TR’s boss, tho they might not have agreed:

‘“Nyattack! (Attack!)” Nyarth shouted. Nyarth considered himself as the leader.
“We don't need a kitty cat to tell us that! ... Whoosh.”‘

That implies that he considered himself to be the mastermind of the Rocket-dan trio, and frankly he always seemed like the smartest member of the trio, so this isn't surprising.

Rodger Parsons voice, a tale as old as time
Ah yes, the introduction of our favorite villains with our favorite roasts, Team Rocket.
I wish they adapted the Silph Co. plot into the anime.

RafaSceptile

Well, after watching a video about reviewing all the Pokémon episodes in 10 words or less, I decided to do the same myself, when the discussion about some episodes returns in its respective thread.

"Good TRio introduction, they will not be annoying always, right?"
Episode: 7/10

DayQuil95

I'm rewatching through the series, and this episode really makes me question if Leon isn't Ash's father lmfao. The dude for whatever reason has a Charmander as his starter when he's from Galar, and Delia mentions how it took Ash's father 4 days to go from Pallet Town to Viridian City, 4 days, no wonder Ash isn't the brightest dude around.