• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Emergency! (002)

DarthDubya05

Beginning Trainer
i just watched this Episode, and it made me remember when Pokemon, and Team Rocket used to be cool. Looking at this Episode, it really made it seem like Jessie & James were these two evil people who loved to steal pokemon and cause misery. now, when i look at pokemon, they are a complete Joke. always stalking the same group of people after all these years, always blasting off. it's just stupid now how the Pokemon Anime has gone downhill now.

JONNO.FRESH

This epi was pretty kool. All those Pikachu's that where shown where scary. TR's first epi. They where so evil back then.

I think that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed be in its place. The legendary trios (birds, dogs, regis) are based on a Chinese mythology about the Phoenix, Cat, Tortoise, and Dragon. Phoenix? Ho-oh? Ho-oh was supposed to be part of the 3 birds, and was supposed to be their leader, IMO. Articuno is the first of the three (uno), which proves that if Ho-oh was in its place hecould easily to be the leader. The Articuno picture on the wall looks more like Ho-oh than Articuno. Look at its tail. Articuno has one single tail, not one that spreads out. The picture on the wall of the pokemon center has a tail similar to Ho-ohs.

Also Zapdos's picture is green. Wtf.

Even more, why the heck is Arcanine there? I guess they wanted Arcanine to be a real legendary.

So from this episode we can gather that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed to be in its place. Zapdos might have been a grass type? Lmfao. And Arcanine was supposed to be a real legendary.

Last edited:

Adam_stm

I think that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed be in its place. The legendary trios (birds, dogs, regis) are based on a Chinese mythology about the Phoenix, Cat, Tortoise, and Dragon. Phoenix? Ho-oh? Ho-oh was supposed to be part of the 3 birds, and was supposed to be their leader, IMO. Articuno is the first of the three (uno), which proves that if Ho-oh was in its place hecould easily to be the leader. The Articuno picture on the wall looks more like Ho-oh than Articuno. Look at its tail. Articuno has one single tail, not one that spreads out. The picture on the wall of the pokemon center has a tail similar to Ho-ohs.

Also Zapdos's picture is green. Wtf.

Even more, why the heck is Arcanine there? I guess they wanted Arcanine to be a real legendary.

So from this episode we can gather that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed to be in its place. Zapdos might have been a grass type? Lmfao. And Arcanine was supposed to be a real legendary.

When they first made Pokemon, they were going to make Arcanine a legendary pokemon instead of Moltres. That's why Arcanine is considered a legendary pokemon in the pokedex.

water_pkmn_fan

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I don't really get why Arcanine is on the wall with the legendary pokemon? And the first appearence of Team Rocket. They were pretty cool when they were evil. And I loved when all the Pikachu came:) And didn't the pokemon center get destroyed? They always destroy stuff in Viridean City.

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
im glad pikachu got better after defending ash and misty will never stop with the bike since that moment i guess

King Slazo

UK Pokemon Fanatic
Beats 001 because it is just full of jokes. The Articuno/Ho-Oh, the bet, the Ash's dad joke, the phone, Misty's bike, Team Rocket, Misty battling, Pikachu vs Meowth, the Pokedex and many more.
This was one of the few I missed first time around and didn't see it until 1998/9, but it was definately worth the wait!

Opal Pikachu13

This was such a good episode back then. Yeah, Team Rocket used to be pictured like very bad villians during this time, but now,they're just a joke, all they do is try to capture Ash's Pikachu and the featured Pokemon of the latest episode, and fail, always being blasted off. And I never knew that Arcanine was planned to be a legendary instead of Moltres, nor did I know that the "Ho-oh picture" was actually Articuno's picture back then. But I liked this episode alot. I'm glad that Pikachu was able to recover to beat Team Rocket for the first time.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
James' voice was weird

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
Ah yes, Team Rocket actually looked like they could steal Pokemon at one point. Heck, they were actually quite awesome at the time, even if they did wind up getting owned by Pikachu. Oh, and of course, them not wanting Pikachu in this episode is hilarious in hindsight. They should have gotten it when they had the chance.

Otherwise, a good, solid episode. There's a surprisingly large amount of humour for an episode that starts with Pikachu badly injured. I don't have the time to mention them all - just watch the episode.

Battra

Excellent episode, I enjoyed it alot. TR are actually bad guys in this one acting like true villains to bad they become comic relief a couple of episodes into the series. I got a laugh out of Jenny's VA in this episode as she was describing TR she made it sound so over the top like she was try to keep from laughing well reciting her lines. I like how they portray the Pokemon Center in this episode, it has a back up system of Pika power, and a transport system in case of an emergency. Poor Misty's bike, Ash & Pikachu and bikes don't have a good relationship as we'll see later in series, i'm surprised they don't make references to it later in the series.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I don't think anyone mentioned this, but Pikachu also destroyed his first bike (which has become a running gag in the show).

Juuhachigou

sonaansuuu!
It makes me wonder what Jessie & James were like before they met Ash & Co. I think that meeting them was their downfall, lol. I find it so ironic when Jessie says "Pikachu? We're not interested in your precious electric rat". XD To think how many years now they have been trying to get that "precious electric rat", lol. :p

It makes me wonder what Jessie & James were like before they met Ash & Co. I think that meeting them was their downfall, lol. I find it so ironic when Jessie says "Pikachu? We're not interested in your precious electric rat". XD To think how many years now they have been trying to get that "precious electric rat", lol. :p

I know that was hilarious.
i always wondered why arcanine was on the wall probably because its classed as a legendary pokemon

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I didn't reply on the first episode because there's a last page. Here I recalled when Ash said in that episode,"I'm Ash Ketchum From Pallet Town!" That part I learned of his Pikachu defending him from the Spearow and finishing off by an attack. Then the rainbow pokemon Ash was talking all about after the battle turns to be Ho-oh. I guess when he returned to Ecruteak City in Johto, Morty reminded of the crystal bells that ring for Ho-oh's appearance in a building, where Jesse cracked one. In this episode, I didn't know TR had a first appearance. What if they recited the first time to the twerp the motto of TR,"Prepare for trouble, and make it double! To protect the world from devastation...........,"

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
It's hard to believe Jessie and James were so threatening that they had their own wanted poster. Now, it seems like nobody knows about them.

I miss when Ash actually had a reason to be stupid, now he just acts stupid for the hell of it.