1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon equivalents of popular TV shows/movies

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Apr 12, 2019.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

You could name it Slappy from Goosebumps

2. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Huh… What would the Pokémon version of the Goosebumps books and TV show be? Psyduckbumps?

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. RedJirachi

There's a question; what's Pokemon taxonomy like?

4. NovaBrunswick

The Pokémon version of Ghostbusters would have Ghost-types flying all over Unova causing trouble, and a team of Trainers carrying proton beams would have to bust them.

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  5. RedJirachi

Ghostbusters would be pretty anticlimatic if you can just use balls that cost 2 USD a piece

wolf jani and NovaBrunswick like this.
  6. NovaBrunswick

Maybe they could be Ghost Balls, like Beast Balls, that only work on Ghost types?

7. RedJirachi

No, what I'm pointing out is that every Pokemon no matter how scary can be captured and made to obey you with easily bought items. Even those that can warp time and space

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  8. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Very much so. I wrote a bit of trashy fanfic where the MC was randomly given a Zubat as her first pokemon, but it turned out the professor had caught a vampire on accident. All the vampires were going to be able to turn into some 'gothic' pokemon, cause like vampires are supposed to be able to turn into more then just bats in some stories.

9. RedJirachi

Dracula is special so he turns to a Noivern

10. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Lol, I'm good with that. I think I'd planned to have vampires that could turn into Mightyena and Gilgar. This was before Noivern existed I think.

11. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Slurpuff and Alcremie both deserve love

I haven’t read this whole thread yet, but has My Little Ponyta been brought up yet?

12. NovaBrunswick

I think I said it in my first post in this thread, or maybe someone else said it? Rainbow Dash would be Rainbow Rapidash. :D

13. RedJirachi

Mudsdale are Earth Ponies

14. NovaBrunswick

What would the Mane Six be? I already said Rainbow Dash = Rainbow Rapidash.

Werewolves in the Pokemon world could turn into Lycanroc and Mightyena. (I think someone else in this thread already said that, though.)

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  15. RedJirachi

Due to the different cultures and societies, what would famous myths be translated into in this world? Are the Great Flood myths of this world based on Kyogre's floods? What was the nature of Draconid worship? Is there an Izanami and Izanagi story which involves the creation trio? Is Giratina legitimately considered a devil-figure by some?

16. Venia Silente

Venia Silente [](int x){return x;}

Why, Capsule Monsters of course!

As for Pokémon versions of shows in the real world, not limiting ourselves necessarily to 1:1 standins to the IRL cities or regions:

* Kommissar Rex: I'm thinking "Tsar the Houndoom", "Cadet R-Canine" or something, following the adventures of a police officer and their companion.
    * Game of Thrones: the name could stay really, it's abstract enough. We'd follow the adventures of various characters from the houses of the sigils of Taillow, Ursaring, Salamence, Sawsbuck (or Xerneas, for some Shireen-flavored irony), etc.
    * The Dragon Prince: the title can stay. There's lots of things to use but instead of six primal sources of magic based on the elements we'd have them based on types, with each tied to a Dragon or Dragon-like Pokémon (Charizard for fire, Palkia for water, Dragonite for the light, Hydreigon for the shadow, etc)
    * NCIS: the show itself is based on the US coast. But I could easily see an alternate history version "SICN": "Slateport: Investigation of Crimes for the Navy".

17. So how many different versions are there of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles? That aside I'm guessing there could be a hole bunch of Superhero based shows out there such as Zubatman, Spinarak-Man, Punishment, Iron Defense Fist, Aronman, Swift, and possibly a few others. Also some shows would be the same as what we have but with the animals being Pokemon.

18. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

[​IMG]
    Dewott Kid! He's not the hero the Pokemon world needs but the hero it deserves lol...

19. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Vampires in Pokemon world media turn into a member of the Crobat line. Which stage they turn into depends on how old someone was before they turned into a vampire. 17 and under would be a Zubat, 18-49 is Golbat, and 50+ is Crobat.

Pokemon world versions of shows set in NYC, like some of the Law and Order shows, New York Undercover, FBI and NYC 22 among others, would be set in Castelia City.

Magnum PI becomes Colt PI (also named after a gun) and is set in Alola.

20. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

The Egyptian Gods would be quite interesting in the Pokemon universe. Humans with Pokemon heads. Anubis would be a man with a Houndoom head (Or maybe Lurcario and Houndoom is instead the Pokemon version of Kerberos in the Greek underworld?) Hathor would be a woman with a Miltank head, Ra a man with a Ho-Oh head etc.