• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Evolutions

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
ok seriously, Goldfarb has been knocking it out of the park in Evolutions overall, now I'm wondering why his work for battle themes on the main anime is usually eh

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
0/10 no Kris.

But seriously, I like the story for this episode and the whole stage show. It's just kind of a shame the Kimono girls blend together as characters.

Rune Knight

I haven't watched the newest episode in full, but I'm wondering why they switched the starters around for Red and Blue as opposed to how they were in the games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they did it as I think that Charizard is a better fit for Red, just surprised because I was under the impression that this series was meant to lean towards game-accuracy.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Why the hell are not only Blue and Elaine's faces visible but they're the only Player characters allowed to SPEAK?!

That's against the rules!

Lmao joking this is probably my favorite episode of the bunch.

I KNEW Blue would be awesome

Elaine also got darker skin just like Victor!

Lmao They switched Red and Green's Starters! XD
In the games Red is supposed to Venusaur while Green has Charizard.
Evolutions just straight up said **** that lmao

Also this has to be the most expressive Mewtwo I've ever seen lmao
index.php

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I have to say that this is my favorite of the Evolutions episodes, and maybe my favorite of the Youtube Pokémon episodes all together. The voices for Green and Elaine were perfect, in my opinion and I liked that they showed that Green (female) was a powerful Trainer in her own right.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Well, this series did get off to a rough start, but it sure did pull itself together afterwards. Everything from... the Isshu/Unova episode, I guess? and on was actually quite good. Though I still think the soundtrack is pretty weak. Like, this last episode mostly consisting of remixes of battle themes kinda hammered it home for me; I don't think Goldfarb is particularly great at making intense music.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I honestly love this series so much and definitely prefer it over Generations, Twilight Wings and Origins
With Generations there were many episodes that I just felt "this is cool" and was mostly enthralled by seeing game scenes animated then what the episode was showing, which was basically nothing but a cliffhanger
Evolutions ended on cliffhangers too but it told a story, this time by basing it around a character and telling a characters story
It wasn't just me being enthralled by how beautiful the animation looked or that we are getting game scenes animated, it was how good the story and character was. This being character based was the best decision. Darkest day being Galars episode but while we see the spectacle it's a character story of Leon showing his PTSD and how much the champion title means to him as he's losing it all. The Alola episode showing the incredible game writing by showing Lilies story of abuse and how she is ready to step up with Selene. Kalos I felt was weak in its writing in the episode too but it was still a character based episode on Lysandre. Unova on Ghetsis in one of the games best storylines, Sinnoh focused on Barry and putting him in a light which makes me appreciate him more, which is why I like that episode better then most, Hoenn focused on zinna, best girl who finally got animated. Johto was just fully creative, focused on the Kimono girls and the lore. Kanto ofc focused on Green.

Fully thinking about it, this is my ultimate episode ranking
1st is Unova with Ghetsis and just the stellar writing that is Unova
2nd is Alola with Lillie and her incredible story
3rd is Hoenn with the delta episode and Zinnia
4th is Galar with how well they dealt with Leon
5th is Johto for how creative and beautiful it was
6th is Sinnoh for making me care about Barry for once and showing why he's more then just a hyperactive kid, as well as capturing sinnoh perfectly
7th is Kanto for being a fun filled lighthearted episode, but ultimately weak in character writing, esp Green who could have been better
8th is Kalos which I still appreciate for seeing the game climax finally animated but ultimately which failed to give a proper story of Lysandre, it felt all over the place but I still liked it

Series ranking:
1) Evolutions
2) Twilight Wings
3) Origins
4) Generations