• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Facts!

KingWiggins

Jirachi is the only pokemon to learn Doom Desire.

M4zz

Banned
Might have been mentioned already. Didn't see it though.

Mawile was the first pure Steel-Type Pokemon

Regirock was the only Rock Type legendary bar Arceus Rock before Black and White were released.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Typhlosion and Charizard have the same base stat total.

Adding on to this, it's not just totals (a lot of Pokemon share totals) they have the exact same stats all across the board.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

zozo

SLIMED!
Coral may not be plants, but they obtain the majority of their energy and nutrients from photosynthetic unicellular algae called zooxanthellae that live within the coral's tissue.

So Corsola learning Ingrain isn't that far fetch.

Those algae however, aren't plants themselves, they're photosynthesizing protozoa, and corals still don't have nutrient-absorbing roots, they are only "rooted" in place as it were.
But all this is beside the point. All I was saying is that Corsola is not at all a plant, but still learns Ingrain, a move where the pokemon puts down energy absorbing roots. Just as a trivial fact. ^^

Anyway, here's one odd contribution:

Many of Muk's entries talk about its poisonous footprints. However, Muk is never shown to have feet in the games, and it is listed as not having any footprint at all.

EDIT: Thought of another one that bothered me recently.

Most people have heard that the Ralts line is in the Amorphous breeding group, even though it looks like it should be in the Humanshape group with Alakazam etc.
One thing I learned the hard way is that Trubbish/Garbodor is not in the Amorphous group, despite having the squishy, non-defined-shape body that most other pokemon in that group possess. It is in the Mineral group with the steels and the ground types and the sarcophogi and the bug shell.

Not quite as weird as making Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade Amorphous instead of Humanshape, but it still really surprised me when I found that out. I guess the garbage bag is the "mineral" part?

Last edited:

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Assuming that the Pokémon world is the same size as Earth, the lowest Dragonite's maximum flight speed could possibly be is 695.7318731m/s.

Arbok4Ever

Assuming that the Pokémon world is the same size as Earth, the lowest Dragonite's maximum flight speed could possibly be is 695.7318731m/s.

How much is that in KM/h ?

More trivia:

The Master Ball is the only non-event ball which cannot be sold.
Fighting, Psychic, Ghost and Ice are the only types used by an elite 4 member/gymleader in every generation.
There are no female elite 4 members/gymleaders with the Bug type as their specialty.

Last edited:
HO-OH can be read forwards, backwards, upwards and downwards..
Eevee, Girafarig and Alomomola too.

Although Garchomp is said to fly at the speed of sound, Pidgeot has a lower Speed stat but is said to fly at Mach 2, twice the speed of sound.

Last edited:

Da_Raichu_lova

Squirtle is not based on a squirrel.... o_O

The name comes from Squirt + Turtle. I thought this was obvious.

This Picture says otherwise
jmnf4rdz8iq2lm1vsppchcl.jpg

PsiOmega

An old soul
Bulbasaur is the only starter as of now that has a dual type in it's first evolution. All the other starter Pokemon's base forms are pure Fire, Water, and Grass.

xDWarrior

God this could go on forever.

-Pikachu is the mascot.
-Totodile is based on a crocodile.
- Satoshi Tajiri created the franchise.

See what I mean? Facts are just facts. Personally I think you should change the title to something along the lines of 'Interesting Pokemon Trivia'.

It's quite obvious he means interesting tidbits of information not everybody might know. Don't be so nitpicky.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
View attachment 4234

For god's sake, Meowth, Vulpix, and Rattata all have the same thing. Are they squirrels?

Suirtle is known for squirting water. "Squirt."
Squirtle is based on a turtle. "Turtle."
Squirt + Turtle = Squirtle.
Is that so hard to believe? There is nothing to suggest they added squirrel in there too. Saying Squirtle is based on a squirrel is just ridiculous.

I have an idea. Electabuzz is yellow with black stripes. It has "Buzz" in its name. My god, Electabuzz is based on a bumblebee.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
View attachment 4234

That picture proves nothing.

Squirtle is based on a sea turtle and the name stems from squirt and turtle, furthermore it's Japanese name is Zenigame which means pond turtle.

It shares nothing with squirrel, which by the way don't have tail like Squirtle.

xDWarrior