• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Fan Presents Pocket Monsters (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Assuming Scorbunny is his starter he is likely a Galar resident. Gou could have just decided to start his journey outside his native region like Paul and Sawyer
I mean Tracey had a Marill but was not from Johto and obviously even as early as OI Johto was being worked so not sure it means he is from Galar. Plus we know pokemon appear in other regions even if not from it so yeah. They are multiple possible outcomes

p96822

Evolve me please
How is Ash and Go are gonna to travel all over the world. Plus Time Rocket can't follow them if there all over the place

Red and Blue

How is Ash and Go are gonna to travel all over the world. Plus Time Rocket can't follow them if there all over the place
Of course they can.
I mean Tracey had a Marill but was not from Johto and obviously even as early as OI Johto was being worked so not sure it means he is from Galar. Plus we know pokemon appear in other regions even if not from it so yeah. They are multiple possible outcomes
Yeah but since Gou has a Rotom phone likely from Professor Magnolia she is probably the one who gave him Scorbunny.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Of course they can.

Yeah but since Gou has a Rotom phone likely from Professor Magnolia she is probably the one who gave him Scorbunny.
It is also possible Sonia met him and inspired him to go travel giving him Scorbunny making him want to visit Galar one day to go and thank her. Which TBH would actually be a interesting way to build up to Galar TBH. Honestly it would be better to do that or just have Go end up being maybe a nephew of Kukui who ends up visiting him in the last SM episode and wants to travel the world with a champion.

I just dislike the way Pokemon sometimes just random goes into a new series with no real transition and it just happens. (BW & SM) the way Ash went learned of Sinnoh was done very well and even the same for Johto and Hoenn instead of just having him go via a random vacation out of nowhere.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
It is also possible Sonia met him and inspired him to go travel giving him Scorbunny making him want to visit Galar one day to go and thank her. Which TBH would actually be a interesting way to build up to Galar TBH. Honestly it would be better to do that or just have Go end up being maybe a nephew of Kukui who ends up visiting him in the last SM episode and wants to travel the world with a champion.

I just dislike the way Pokemon sometimes just random goes into a new series with no real transition and it just happens. (BW & SM) the way Ash went learned of Sinnoh was done very well and even the same for Johto and Hoenn instead of just having him go via a random vacation out of nowhere.

Honestly, discovering other regions as a result of a vacation or something like that is a nice change of pace. Learning of other regions by other characters was overdone.

Soniman

Break the Limit

Of you wanted to see XY Ash in the SM outfit and THEN a sudden design change entirely the very next episode be my guests but in my opinion a clean hard break was definitely needed, there would've been no way to neatly transition between the two

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Guys, even if they are possibly just random, we should analyse the Pokemon that appear in the poster, as this could lead us to potential spoilers. Let's do it through regions:

1º) KANTO:
*Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the building representing Kanto here could be the Indigo Plateau, where you can defy the Elite Four. After Ash winning Alola League, he certainly can win Kanto's League; then gaining a pass to defy Kanto's Elite 4.

+ Bulbasaur and Squirtle: I hope they are Ash's Pokemon, which could mean the return of Ash's Squirtle to his team.
+ Charizard and Charmander: Charizard could be Ash's Pokemon, but it really confuses me that Charmander on his back. (I don't think it will be his kid).
+ Mew: When it appeared in the logo, I suspected Mew would have an important role in this series. And what would you know?, I was right. We know Go's goal is finding and capturing this Pokemon. (Note to remember, Mew made a cameo on Oak's Lab during Alola's arc).
+ Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres: I suppose Ash and Go will have encounters with these three legendary Birds, probably in the same places where you can find them in the games. Articuno in the Seafoam Islands, Zapdos in the Power Plant and Moltres in Victory Road. (I doubt Ash or Go will capture any of them, although we know Ash's Charizard can defeat an Articuno).

+ Jigglypuff: I suppose our old friend, the singing Jigglypuff will return even after Alola.
+ Ditto: I guess this could be captured by Go, because if he plans to capture ALL Pokemon, then Ditto could be useful for him, as it transform into any Pokemon.
+ Dragonite: A Dragonite hugging Meowth while Wobbuffet looks? That's really weird. Is a Dragonite going to replace Bewear after Alola? That doesn't sound good.
+ Mr Mime: It could be Delia's Pokemon, but I wish Ash could add it somehow to his team.
+ Eevee: I believe this could be captured by Go, either to promote a new "Eeveelution" or simply because it can evolve to so many Pokemon, he can choose one.
+ Gengar: I always wanted for Ash to capture this Pokemon, especially after Haunter's fiasco. Maybe we will finally see it happen.
+ Snorlax: It could be Ash's Pokemon. But wit a minute, is that a "Dynamax/Gigantimax" form? A giant Snorlax would certainly be scary. It may be able to eat more than Guzzlord!!

2º) JOHTO:
*The Bell Tower clearly indicates we could explore again the mysterious link that appear to connect Ash with Ho Oh.
+ Lugia: We have a funny scene with Go and Ash riding on Lugia, although I don't get why Ash is in the tail is a "funny way". After all, he was the "Chosen One" back in the second movie. Now that I think of it, could this Lugia be Silver? You know, the baby Lugia Ash's team and Ritchie saved from Team Rocket.
+ Ho-Oh: Clearly we will explore the link between Ash and Ho-Oh, who seems to act as Ash's "Spirit Guide" in the Pokemon World.
+ Cyndaquil: We have Cyndaquill, but no Chikorita or Totodile. Clearly, this can't be Ash's Quilava, but I would like Ash using the three of them back for a time and made some of them evolve. Honestly, Feraligator is the one that suit Ash better, but he could evolve the three of them.

+ Togepi: It can't be the same Pokemon that belonged to Misty. Do you think Ash will find/capture another one? After all, he found the original Togepi's egg.
+ Unown: I can imagine Ash and Go being trapped into a crazy adventure with these Pokemon, similar to the third movie or something like that.
+ Sudowoodo: I don't think it will be a captured Pokemon. So, maybe we will see Brock back with his own Sudowoodo?
+ Magby and Smoochum: The return of the Pichu Brothers? These two were part of their gang in the short about their adventures.
+ Espeon and Umbreon: I would like to believe Ash could capture one of them, and Go could capture the other one. Since his old rival Gary had an Umbreon, Ash could capture an Espeon.

This si getting too long, so I will post the other regions later.

IcySealeo

It seems like Kanto is their home-region and from there they go on to other regions. Wonder how will they go from one region to another. Seems like a long-distanced version of SM, where instead of island we're dealing with regions.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It seems like Kanto is their home-region and from there they go on to other regions. Wonder how will they go from one region to another. Seems like a long-distanced version of SM, where instead of island we're dealing with regions.
That's what I was hoping for once I learned of the whole region-hopping thing. I'm also assuming his daughter will be the PokeGirl as she's the only girl we have so far.

JC317

Looking at the various pictures of Vermilion City and Sakuragi Laboratories from the PR, it definitely seems that they are going with XY/M20 artstyle for backgrounds.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
Based on the design of the Research Institute and the daughter having a Yamper I'm guess Prof. Sakuragi, daughter, ad Go are all from Galar which is how Ash learns of the Galar region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm starting to doubt that Ash is challenging the Galar League now.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So at least when Ash returns home, he won't have to travel that far to the start of his next journey.

Again at the desk?! Well, thanks, at least they sent Ash not to kindergarten.
He might not be at the desk as often as he was shown in his classroom at the Pokemon School. And kindergarten would be a regression from the Pokemon School.

I'm starting to doubt that Ash is challenging the Galar League now.
Did they originally say that Ash would be taking on the grand trials?

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Ash is a Pokemon researcher now. He has no time for the Galar League.
And? Ash was a student in SM and it didn't stop him from challenging Grand Trials and the Alola League.
The Galar Gyms might be different in the anime, but we will wait and see.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Good to see a female character who could be the female lead. Please make her a companion. I also very much like her design.

It sucks that the base will be in Vermillion. It should've been in Galar for obvious reasons. And don't give me that excuse for Vermillion having a port Ash and Go can use to travel to the different regions. Galar does also have a town with what seems to be a port in it.

Also curious how they'll handle the Galar gyms if they'll still do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.