• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Fashion Flash (028)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I liked Salon Rocket and how TR were making Pokemon look cute since it showed that they could easily be designers and not just criminals. I am glad Brock got to take care of Suzie's Vulpix.~

ZilverLox

Banned
Suzie was a good filler character. I'm glad she came back in Johto. Vulpix made a good partner for Brock. I liked the argument between Ash and Misty and Brock actually found a girl that he liked that seemed to like him back. I found it really funny that Misty loved the makeover Team Rocket gave her.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I liked Jessie and James getting carried away by their Pokemon makeups. I didn't like Vulpix torching Misty when she tried to hug it. Too bad Pikachu and Geodude failed to defeat Ekans and Koffing.
4/10

Shayuin

Banned
I don't fully get why Suzie gave Brock her Vulpix. I mean Brock didn't even interact with Vulpix until the last two minutes. Also, I'm shocked that 4Kids didn't censor the Chansey's gay owner.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Salon Rocket becoming a huge stage seemed so random.

I liked the fact that the Rocket-dan had the foresight to construct that stage in the first place, even if it did seem a little contrived. I was even more surprised that they were winning against Pikachu and Ishitsubute until Rokon got involved.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Funny how Suzie was all like "it's a Pokemon's inner beauty that counts", yet every few minutes her Vulpix's outer beauty was praised. Hypocrite, much?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Funny how Suzie was all like "it's a Pokemon's inner beauty that counts", yet every few minutes her Vulpix's outer beauty was praised. Hypocrite, much?

I hadn't noticed this, but now I kind of see how the lesson of the episode about outer beauty not mattering might've come off as confusing. In Yuki's defense however, she was consistent in her mantra since she herself didn't mention Rokon's physical elegance.

Manchee

extra toasty
I didn't remember the specifics of this episode from when I was a kid except Team Rocket dressing up people's Pokémon. It was okay, overall. Not the most interesting (maybe it would have been if Brock's Breeder aspirations were stronger during the run of his time with the gang). I'm glad that Vulpix was added to his team, though, it was always nice to see him own non-Rock-type Pokémon.

Funny how Brock suddenly knew Suzie and what made me happy was seeing Brock get Vulpix even though they barely bonded. Vulpix was so strong like when he beat Ekans and Koffing on his own.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Funny how Brock suddenly knew Suzie and what made me happy was seeing Brock get Vulpix even though they barely bonded. Vulpix was so strong like when he beat Ekans and Koffing on his own.

As much as I liked Rokon in this episode, I think it beating Arbo and Dogars says more about how weak Musashi and Kojirou are than about Rokon's own strength.

gentwoer

Brock sure isn't committed to his rock theme. He hasn't caught a single rock Pokemon since the two he had when he was introduced and now half his team is non-rock. Vulpix does fit the whole Pokemon breeder aspect better than a rock snake, a rock punchy thing, and a bat tbh.

Suzie's voice actress is the same as Erika using the EXACT SAME VOICE and it's really distracting because we saw Erika two episodes ago.

Psyduck is so adorable way more so than Horsea and that Scrappy Misty will get later

How exactly would Team Rocket be able to swipe rare Pokemon from customers who are waiting right in the lobby? Oh sorry your Dratini just ran off. It would have been cooler if they were just trying to do an honest job and then screwed it up when they held misty hostage

I'm surprised 4Kids left the transvestite character intact. With a male using an exaggerated female voice and everything. They didn't even try to pretend it was just an ugly woman. I guess since they weren't openly hitting on any male characters it was okay in 4kids book?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm surprised 4Kids left the transvestite character intact. With a male using an exaggerated female voice and everything. They didn't even try to pretend it was just an ugly woman. I guess since they weren't openly hitting on any male characters it was okay in 4kids book?

Well seeing as 4Kids loved making snide jokes about Kojirou's sexuality, it's not surprising that they kept the okama intact here.

Daizy

I call you honey
Vulpix was such a brat here kinda like how Ash's Pikachu once was. When Brock got to keep Vulpix, I wondered why since they seemed like an odd pair.

I liked this episode since we got to see Brock to stuff and even though I didn't think he deserved Vulpix since they hadn't even bonded, I did like how he at least got a new Pokemon that wasn't ugly. I also liked Team Rocket's salon since they actually had a flare for business and had they not gotten greedy, they might have found their one true calling. But of course they screwed it up.

Episodes that center around Brock and his development are so rare that this episode felt more interesting as a result. My favorite part was when Vulpix mastered Fire Spin at Team Rocket's salon and how Ekans and Koffing were dressed as mannequins on display. I liked how Misty got tricked into getting a haircut and a bunch of fashionable accessories and she should've kept that style because it made her look so much better. I'm glad we'll see Suzie again in Johto. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I liked how Misty got tricked into getting a haircut and a bunch of fashionable accessories and she should've kept that style because it made her look so much better.

It was a nice design for her, but it would've gotten old after a while considering that her makeover was meant to be a reference to a style craze that happened around the time that this episode first aired, a fad which didn't last. So it would've been awkward to see Kasumi dolled up like that for the remainder of the saga.