• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon : For Them - Discussion Thread

Elementman-Novapoke

Pokémon : For Them - Discussion Thread

APPROVED BY RaZoR LeAf

Sign-Up Thread
----Space For RPG Thread ----

Member List:

(Name, Type, Relative(s), User)

Dusty Hawkins, Ground, Roark and Byron, Elementman-Novapoke.

Karl Richard Firth, Water, Juan, RaZoR LeAf.

Kumori B. Shouhei, Dark, Koga and Janine, The Black Glove.

Arden Rouge, Fire, Flannery, Tundra_Wolfmane.

Reid Wales Nathaniel, Dragon, Cynthia, greywolf123.

George Michael Sands, Bug, Misty, Son_of_Shadows.

Jo-Jo, Dark, Morty, Shadowfaith.

Erica Stone, Rock, Brock and Flint, CyberBlastoise.

Marth Kane, Electric, Erika, Skillfulness.

Theresa Lee, Poison, Sabrina, .:Lemon Tea:.

RULES – Obey them or… die?
1). Obey all normal forum rules.
2). Obey all RPG rules – If you’re not too sure of them – look them up!
3). I would prefer to have experience RPGers doing this; I would like it to be of a high standard.
4). Please read the forms, use them, and follow what they say.
5). I’ll add more as I think of them!
6). HAVE FUN /endgenericness

Note: Please, make your SU decent, no, AMAZING, I’m looking for effort, and people that have clearly read everything. People that need to be told to put loads more info into their SU more than once will probably be declined.
Also, I’ll allow more than 1 person per type, but it’s not preferable, be original!
And, I don’t want us all to be related, so don’t use the same relatives please.
I do not actually know much about the Frontier Brains, since I have never owned Emerald of Platinum (yet), so, if you do use them, could you tell me a bit about them?
Also, no super-powers, for both the trainers and Pokémon; this includes special training, etc. TYVM! (Thank You Very Much)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, everyone, with formalities out of the way, another thing I'd like to say is DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A SPAM / CHAT THREAD!

If you do have any questions, etc, do ask them here, so everyone can see my answers for them, okay?

I will be attempting to write and post the first post of the RPG within the next few days, however, it may not be up really soon, because I still have a piece of homework to do, which I really should have done earlier in the holidays...

One thing first, however.

Your 1st post must be you getting to Oak's Lab. Include your journey before this, thoughts, hopes and fears. It will then end with you knocking on the door of Oak's lab. If any of you want to include meeting up with any of the other characters, please sort it out here amongst yourselves, and whatnot.

So, yeah...

BEGIN!

Last edited:

Elementman-Novapoke

Well, it doesn't have to, but it all depends on where you finished off.

For instance, mine (SAMPLE, that is) ended with Dusty leaving his house. I do not want to descirbe his entire journey, although I may make some references.

I am thinking that I will be starting mine in the southern half of Route 1, with Pallet ahead.

So, basically, no, it does not have to continue from where your sample left off, but, it does have to agree with it - I do not want any contradictory statements, okay?

NOTE:

The 1st Post will be in 3 parts. One will be my journey, but, you guys can speculate on the other 2 parts...

greywolf123

Wild mass guessing anyone? And I can't wait. This should be loads of fun!

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
hmm...well, mind if I continue off my rpg sample, seeing that Erica is actually from very close to Pallet Town?

btw, just something i noticed, Erika the gym leader, has a K in her name not a C. Just clarifying that.

Elementman-Novapoke

btw, just something i noticed, Erika the gym leader, has a K in her name not a C. Just clarifying that.

Woops, my bad.

And, yes, since you are quite close, you may start from the end of your SAMPLE.

Regarding evolution in the RP, by the way, I will tell you guys via here and / or PM / VM if you can evolve any of your Pokes, m'kay?

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
here's a question, Will the characters have access to their PC box as well and withdraw any other pokemon they may have stored in there? If not, then I understand.

Elementman-Novapoke

Well Cyber, that depends.

If the Pokémon you put into your SU (as in, ones that you had to do in depth) are in your box, then yes, you will be allowed to withdraw them.

However, if you have other Pokémon in your boxes, you can't withdraw them, since you didn't sign up with them.

So, if Atlas (my Torterra) was in my box, I would be allowed to Withdraw him.

But, if I had a random Pidgey in one of my boxes, I wouldn't be able to withdraw them.

Only Pokémon you wrote an SU for are allowed to be used - immediately.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
ah well okay. That answered my question. And onto a new one, yes I often have questions that are obvious to everyone else, yet I still do not know the answer, The ones that always say "It's for the best." Are most of them pokemon trainers? If so, how do they command their pokemon to use their attacks if that's all they say?

Elementman-Novapoke

The 'Drones' - as I have now just nicknamed them - are not trainers in any way, shape or form.

So, does anyone want to guess what the other 2 parts of the opening are going to be?

Phoenixphire

They are going to gatecrash professor oak's meeting right after he tells you what's going on, and gets kidnapped himself?

:p

Son_of_Shadows

*raises hand* Ooh! Ooh! Pick me, Mr. Novapoke! I know the answer!

Something to do with Mew, probably for one part... And the other will be with some random Jr. Trainers at a Gym with the Drones.

Elementman-Novapoke

They are going to gatecrash professor oak's meeting right after he tells you what's going on, and gets kidnapped himself?

:p
2 Things:

WRONG!

Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't post in here, Phoenix, since you are not part of the RPG.

*raises hand* Ooh! Ooh! Pick me, Mr. Novapoke! I know the answer!

Something to do with Mew, probably for one part... And the other will be with some random Jr. Trainers at a Gym with the Drones.
WRONG - Both of them.

There will be no inclusion of legandaries in this whatsoever (although they may be mentioned, they will not play any part).

Guys, although I've made time to come on here now, I am currently doing some H/W. So, It may be a while before the actual RP is up - sorry.

By a while, I mean within a week, although I'm not setting myself a time limit; school work comes first!

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
To be honest, within a week would be awesome. Heh. I've got to go for training for my new job next week, so I'll be driving 50 miles to and from the store I'm training in each day, leaving an ittybitty time for RPGing. I'm writing up my first post now, so I have it available to post right away, but just incase I don't post really quickly, it'll be because of that.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
To be honest, within a week would be awesome. Heh. I've got to go for training for my new job next week, so I'll be driving 50 miles to and from the store I'm training in each day, leaving an ittybitty time for RPGing. I'm writing up my first post now, so I have it available to post right away, but just incase I don't post really quickly, it'll be because of that.

Skillfulness

So my first post will be continuing, seeing as the Indigo Plateau is rather close to Pallet Town (and that's where Oak's lab is, correct?).

I've got a guess at what's going to happen that I just thought of. Oak will explain that a group of psychos (like the Spanish Inquisition) think that Polemon battling is cruelty so they start by closing down the gyms and banishing Pokemon battling all together. Or Oak's not there and his place is ransacked. Either or. :) The "in a week" deadline is coming to a close and my excitement is mounting.

Elementman-Novapoke

So my first post will be continuing, seeing as the Indigo Plateau is rather close to Pallet Town (and that's where Oak's lab is, correct?).

I've got a guess at what's going to happen that I just thought of. Oak will explain that a group of psychos (like the Spanish Inquisition) think that Polemon battling is cruelty so they start by closing down the gyms and banishing Pokemon battling all together. Or Oak's not there and his place is ransacked. Either or. :) The "in a week" deadline is coming to a close and my excitement is mounting.

Wrong again!

I'm sorry everyone, but I actually haven't been able to start on the 1st post yet.

My english coursework is taking up much more time than I though. I imagined it being 10pages long maximum.
It currently stands at 28 pages, and it isn't finished yet. It sorta needs to be finished today, too.

So, yeah, sorry!

I will start as soon as I can!

Elementman-Novapoke

Okay everyone.

I have finshed my Essay, but school has started, so I am busy.

I have literally only just got a decent period of free time - the first for a while.

However, I now have to write an acceptance speech, plan an assembly AND start writing my birthday and christmas list (early, I know, but hey, my Dad loves bargains!).

If I finish the first two tonight, and start the third, I should be able to finally start writing the RP. I know I said I'd do it earlier, but I have been incredibly busy.

I hope to have it up by the weekend, but don't hold me to that!

Take your time! I'm thinking most of us aren't going anywhere anytime soon. :3