1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chronicles & Specials' started by Serebii, Sep 16, 2016.

1. EmphaticPikachu

EmphaticPikachu A tired little girl~

if any of the female protags were gonna get an appearance, it was gonna be hilda, but she didn't, so it ain't happening.

I would be more upset but im too busy being happy about this itself LOL

2. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Good God I did not like that ending at all, and the episode was going so well. As someone who is super into the story of the games these continue to disappoint.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Finally, we see the BW protagonist show up in B2W2 material.

And finally, we see a real depiction of Kyurem who DOESN'T cheese transforming without Zekrom or Kyurem, and N not constantly trying to understand what this thing called friendship is without ever using a Pokemon himself (would have liked to see him with his Zorua). Though I wished we had seen super philosophical N during his BW incarnation. Either way, this was pretty nice.

And now let's see how much MEGA EVOLUTION YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH they fit in the last 3 episodes.

4. EmphaticPikachu

I think Hiblert (although i wish it was hilda) works better then bw2's protag just simply because they mean more to N, having them reunite was a big thing a lot of people wanted that never happened because the protag left Unova. And Hilbert did it while saving N? Now thats just awesome.

These shorts are pretty much meant to be fanservice and i think they hit a button with a lot of people here, even if its not the button some people want. Partially myself but, I like the scene execution too much to care.

5. AmethystLeslie

AmethystLeslie Well-Known Member

Now that was a role reversal, except it was more like "W2's protag not existing, N needed rescuing, and Hilbert comes into save the day" instead of "W2's protag needed rescuing, N saves the day, and W1's protag being somewhere else."

Interesting, I wish it was Hilda, too, but alas, it was not meant to be. :(

6. It seems like the anime officially hates Hilda :/

It was a nice episode but would have been better if Red 2.0 Hilbert was replaced by Hilda and if the episode was at least 10 minutes longer. I guess I'll just make a headcanon of Hilda being there instead of Hilbert *sigh*
    6/10

7. AuraChannelerChris

Truly, the female supporters are a dangerous kind of people.

8. Sakuraba

Sakuraba Well-Known Member

This was awesome. Hilbert and Zekrom showing up to aid N and **** Ghetsis over again is just cool. I love it so much.

N was already developed but seeing Ghetsis freak out over N finding his own truth and ideals against him was so satisfying.

I see a lot of people either sad or salty over it being Hilbert over Hilda, but tto that I say: **** IT! We got Hilbert. Better than the Sinnoh episodes where we didn't get neither Dawn nor Lucas.

And I'm happy we didn't see Nate nor Rosa.

9. 4de_92

4de_92 Well-Known Member

I really want Hilda U_U and DPPT the protagonists don't exist.
    Well, I like the unova episodes. Obvious the American region was going to be better animated.

Next week Kalos!! I want to see emma, I want to see an anime version of her

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

lol

Is that Dan Green as Ghetsis??? Oh wait, guess not…? People on YouTube are saying it's Patrick Seitz. Dammit, what I would give to hear Dan Green in Pokémon again. Meanwhile I'm not sure if I like N's voice (as much as it sounds familiar), but meh.

It's an alright episode, the transformation was nice to see, and Ghetsis calling N a freak was interesting. I don't remember him calling his adoptive son that. That OST though.

11. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Episode 15 was emotional when it came to N and Ghetsis. I thought having the male playable character of Black and White 1 appear with Zekrom was a nice touch. But if it were me developing the episode, I'd make it less like White 2 and more like Black 2 by switching Reshiram and Zekrom around. Kalos next week, nearing the end!! I wonder though if there will be a surprise trip to Alola either at the end of episode 18 or a bonus 19th episode.

12. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

That's probably how Black and White 2 should have ended. At least to some degree.

Really good use of a what if scenario here.

13. Sakuraba

Sakuraba Well-Known Member

I believe he did so at the end of BW. After you defeat N and before fighting him.

14. NegaiFreak

NegaiFreak Plus Ultra!

Oh, hi Laxus. Why are all these Fairy Tail voice actors doing Pokémon stuff these days? Not that I'm complaining. This was fun to watch.

15. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Good point. After re-watching the episode, it looks like the Black/Black 2 version when seen from above, but like the White/White 2 version when seen from the ground. I think you are right about it being a mix of both.

Anyway, I liked this week's episode... but nothing else should have been expected. N and Ghetsis at the Giant Chasm, just as I predicted from the Unova episodes. The first scene with the ice and caves was... pretty cool. I'm surprised to see that N had Reshiram, I do personally view Black/Black 2 as the "canon" version (further strengthened after reading the B/W chapter of the Adventures Manga) plus I got Black before White and Black 2 before White 2, so I tend to imagine N with Zekrom. But it doesn't matter much, I prefer Reshiram over Zekrom so seeing it in action was cool. I also liked the fusion scene and seeing Unova from above. Also Emotion, yes! One of the best music tracks in the series. The ending was really unexpected, not like in the games at all... but it doesn't matter much because it was so awesome. Hilbert and Zekrom appearing was great. Makes me wish there could be an actual anime based on the stories in B/W and B2/W2, featuring all protagonists. There, I said it. N told us to dream, and that's what I'm going to do. Really happy about seeing Hilbert appearing, even if it was just for a short moment, and we didn't see his face like with the other protagonists. Now we just need to see Leaf, Hilda and Calem, then all protagonists will have been animated.

Overall, this and The Uprising are my favorite episodes so far, but I'm biased since it is my favorite generation. Looking forward to what Kalos will bring us. AZ, Lysandre and perhaps Zygarde, but what more? We'll have to see.

16. *extremely deep breath*

HOLY F**K THAT WAS AMAZING. That part with a minor version of Emotion and N doing his speech was epic and amazing. And then fortified Isshu... which I ship because it's basically the equivalent to FerrisWheel. THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN THE MEMORY LINK ENDING TO B2W2, JUST WITH ADDED NATE/ROSA. Also... I died when N said that there was still a chance for Reshiram to be saved. This right here is my favourite episode. The animation, the OST, N in general, Hilbert cameo (tho I'm kind of annoyed all the males get the spotlight) and the new ending all make this my favourite episode yet. And I know that Kalos likely isn't going to top that, because nothing can beat this kind of stuff.

Also N's dub was actually pretty good, thank god.

Still kinda wish it was Hilda

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  17. fahrugreen

fahrugreen Member

I watched the entire episode yelling "Hilbert!" on my head.
    And I'm glad I was right at the end.

18. EmphaticPikachu

yeah

and Cheren and Alder are like "oh yeah, coming from guy without a human heart"
    dont remember the exact dialouge but they make sure to turn it on him
    so satisfying lmao

19. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja Cute Redditmon

Good one.

Next week finally some Kalos stuff.

20. AuraChannelerChris

Didn't he retire from voice acting altogether because his wife died at childbirth but now he teaches people about voice acting without doing it officially himself?