• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Didn't he retire from voice acting altogether because his wife died at childbirth but now he teaches people about voice acting without doing it officially himself?

He's going to voice Yugi in the Dark Side of Dimensions English dub so I think he could be coming back.

Vipsoccermaster

Episode 15: Great emotion between Ghetsis and N, obviously. And Ghetsis, that's no way to treat a son like that! He has family abuse issues.

Great to see Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram, along with Hilbert, all in one episode.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
this was a really good episode. reminds me of how they mentioned in B2W2 that Hilbert/Hilda is with their dragon searching for N.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh praise Arceus Hilbert appeared. It would have been stupid if Nate or Rosa appeared over the far better designed player characters. The best designed player character finally got an anime appearance!
Now I have hope we get Calem in Kalos in a episode where AZ is telling him his story, and Emma......

This is probably my favorite generations episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked the newest short since it featured N and Ghetsis. Granted I don't like Ghetsis much hee hee, but his conversation with N was menacing and I liked when he used the DNA Splicers to merge his Kyurem with N's Reshiram. It made me want to play White 2 again so I can use White Kyurem myself. :3

XXD17

Draco rex
That episode was beautiful! When N started his monologue as Emotion started playing in the background, it reminded me of everything that I loved about fifth gen. I legitimately teared up!

shadowF

Really hope after the lat three episodes of pokemon X and Y, We get a sneak peak to Pokemon Sun and Moon it could be a trailer or an episode would be nixe. I just want to see Pokemon Sun and Moon not be left out of this cool animation :)

k6666

Pikachu Fan
kinda wish it was hilda who got cameo rather than hilbert cause they follow pokemon white version canon :( but it was great episode
Next is to kalos region :3

NeoDude-5000

Who ever thought that Hilbert and Zekrom would show up? I sure didn't considering this is a Black 2, but mainly a White 2 based episode. Great way to end the Unova arc, and we got a Emotion remix (beautiful). Generation V probably has the best story in the series

Who here has played Black and White 2 and thought "Just to make this interesting I'm going to bring over Reshiram/Zekrom from the previous game and I'm gonna battle Kyurem with it!" I bet the decision from the creators came from that idea. Honestly this should've been a bonus Memory Link story add-on, they fight Kyurem while you battle Ghetsis

Anyway last 3 episodes prediction time, Episode 1: The Kalos War, Episode 2: The Ultimate Weapon, and the final episode overall: Zygarde Sun and Moon backstory

Last edited:
That episode was beautiful! When N started his monologue as Emotion started playing in the background, it reminded me of everything that I loved about fifth gen. I legitimately teared up!

Ikr? N is just about the only character who speaks entirely in monologues. And it doesn't get boring at all.

Is it weird that all the boy protags are getting the spotlight or what

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't know how i feel about them retconning BW2 and just completely leaving out nate/rosa and having this happen instead. I mean it was cool, but does this hint that they would just mix both games together if they ever remade them.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
Well, to speak the truth, Nate/Rosa is not needed at all to run B2W2 in-game story. You put back Hilbert/Hilda from BW, every plot line regarding Team Plasma still works finely. No, probably better because it was Hilbert/Hilda who ruined Team Plasma during BW, so they have more reason to confront Team Plasma in B2W2 than a complete newbie Nate/Rosa.

Sakuraba

I don't know how i feel about them retconning BW2 and just completely leaving out nate/rosa and having this happen instead. I mean it was cool, but does this hint that they would just mix both games together if they ever remade them.

That's what I think it'd happen. There would be a BW remake, and then the post game would have a Delta Episode-esque missions to depict the main events of B2W2.

Ikr? N is just about the only character who speaks entirely in monologues. And it doesn't get boring at all.

Is it weird that all the boy protags are getting the spotlight or what

I don't really think so. The way I see is: We know Red is canon for Gen 1 because of GSC, HGSS and SM.

Lyra was featured in the regular anime, alongside May, Dawn and Serena. So It's natural for them to default for Ethan, Brendan, Lucas and Calem (even though poor Lucas didn't appear in the Sinnoh episodes.) because they didn't had much besides very quick cameos in the opening for the movies.

That leaves BW and SM. Neither Hilda nor Hilbert (Or SM protagonists) weren't in the main anime for whatever reason. And I think to keep things on pattern the Generations crew decided to default to male protagonists to not show favoritism or explain why one is the male the other is female.

Legendary Dreams

Not quite the "through the eyes of madness" Ghetsis POV I was hoping, but considering they more or less tilted the entirely of the W2 storyline by having Hilbert actually turn up in place of N (and having N simple combine his role along with Nate/Rosa's), I'll say this is one of the better "untold stories / alternate futures" that Generations somewhat promised. They kept the "screw Pokemon battles, just freeze Nate/Rosa/N" pragmatism of Ghetsis there, which was one of the things I liked about Ghetsis as a villain (others being his belief that a revered Pokemon is still a Pokemon at the end of the day since it can be captured and his fully-powered Frustration Hydreigon). His "hypocrisy" of saying N being without a heart when he was the one to have raised him that way (which means it goes double for him) is also a great villainous point, but it also makes me cringe so much when I hear it that I can't praise it as his other points.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Well, to speak the truth, Nate/Rosa is not needed at all to run B2W2 in-game story. You put back Hilbert/Hilda from BW, every plot line regarding Team Plasma still works finely. No, probably better because it was Hilbert/Hilda who ruined Team Plasma during BW, so they have more reason to confront Team Plasma in B2W2 than a complete newbie Nate/Rosa.
While its true that it'd work specifically for team plasma, the rest of the game would have to change pretty drastically in structure.They'd have to mess with Hugh for one; find someway to integrate him with the previous protag. But the gameplay structure is the bigger issue; gyms can't be your objective, Your character is already supposed to be champion, even if you left you already are supposed to have trained up pokemon and a legend, and can just skip right to the elite four. Justifying a pokemon game around the previous protag is a lot harder then justifying a story about him/her.

This is why I doubt they'd ever reuse a previous protag.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well, to speak the truth, Nate/Rosa is not needed at all to run B2W2 in-game story. You put back Hilbert/Hilda from BW, every plot line regarding Team Plasma still works finely.

I didn't mind seeing Hilbert show up in place of Nate or Rosa. I mean all he got was a small silhouette appearance with Zekrom any ways and no matter who showed up, it's not like it would've changed much since I doubt that the next short will even show us the conclusion of the battle between White Kyurem and Zekrom. ^^;

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The Japanese versions are pretty good. The VAing is well done. Just need to learn Japanese so I can understand (somethings might be lost in translation).

AmethystLeslie

The Japanese versions are pretty good. The VAing is well done. Just need to learn Japanese so I can understand (somethings might be lost in translation).

Wait, are the JP versions out?