• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Board: Hey what's with this secret project?
Lysandre: Bug off, it's none of your business...now support my raise in funds plz

Lysandre, you can't just...eh, it's Pokemon, I guess you can do that.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This episode was good since it definitely helped with adding another level of world building to the Kalos region, but unfortunately it also reminds me of the biggest problems a lot of people had with Lysandre as a villain. On paper, he had the potential to be as great of a pokémon antagonist as Ghetsis & Lusamine (or at the very least Cyrus & Giovanni) since he had good intentions but lost his way because he was a twisted & crazy sociopath.

However, his plans were too clunky and nearly everyone could point out a number of flaws in his goal to create a "beautiful" world. Plus, everything about Lysandre made it too obvious that he would be the villain from his dialogue, his character design, and his actions. In contrast, Ghetsis at least had the surprise twist of wanting world domination & Lusamine's design was more subtle in hiding her true nature.

NeoDude-5000

Ahh man once again the other version had to be the one to use for Generations (I've played Black 1 & 2 and X, I stick with those versions). That aside the episode was actually quite interesting, Lysandre is Steve Jobs, but evil and wants to kill everyone.

AZ's next on the list me thinks and then hopefully, hopefully a Zygarde Sun & Moon prologue. How did it get there? What happened between Gen VI and VII?

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I was majorly yawning during this week's episode. While the last few episodes felt epic, this one just fell flat. And, unlike some other episodes that weren't as action-oriented, it doesn't really fill in the gaps or expand on the story. The conversations were poorly written and just felt stilted.
I thought the opening Pyroar presentation was pretty fun, though.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I found it pretty interesting, diving into how Lysandre tricked the public. I am one for seeing the untold stories, as opposed to the stories told without the main protagonist, so this was pretty satisfying, even though it lacked the combative excitement other episodes shown.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I was getting star wars prequels flashbacks here. Everyone is just oblivious to lysandre being blatantly evil. Especially diantha who is literally having it spelled out to her and she is basically just sitting there drooling. Geez thanks for reminding me why I didnt like xy.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I just realized that Lysandre wanted to destroy the Kalos region to 'keep it from becoming less beautiful' (or make himself/others immortal, whichever) while Lusamine wanted to freeze things to preserve their beauty. XD They would have been great friends had they met in the same gen.

Nockturne

Ahh man once again the other version had to be the one to use for Generations (I've played Black 1 & 2 and X, I stick with those versions). That aside the episode was actually quite interesting, Lysandre is Steve Jobs, but evil and wants to kill everyone.

AZ's next on the list me thinks and then hopefully, hopefully a Zygarde Sun & Moon prologue. How did it get there? What happened between Gen VI and VII?

To be fair it only makes sense that Y is canon considering Yveltal's whole world destroying shtick compared to Xerneas' rejuvenation deal.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
EH this episode was mediocre TBH its basically XY animated.
The worst part is that every character is still a ******* who can't tell that Lysandre is obviously evil despite al the not-so subtle hints he flat outs spells in big letters

Strangely enough I feel like Malva, Diantha and Sycamore must be enamoured with Lysandre for giving such deep speeches LOL

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Meh not bad. In the beginning I felt like I was at a hotel for a salesman convention, then like someone else said, a Star Wars feel to it. Seeing Diantha and Malva were cool though.

Kalosian

So long
This week, Kalos. I liked the episode, and watching it somehow made me surprisingly happy for some reason. I liked seeing Lumiose from above during the night in the beginning. I always thought Lysandre was an interesting character, the story in X/Y might not have been the best but I liked him at least. Even if we didn't see a lot of Pokemon in this episode, seeing Pyroar and Vivillon was cool. Now all generations have at least one Pokemon represented in this mini-series. I liked the hologram presentation, and I loved the café scene. Short and sweet, all it needs to be. I guess this episode shows some of the good things Lysandre did for Kalos. And at the end, Yveltal, which means Y canon? Seems like I have ended up going with the "wrong" version here too since I got X before Y, though it doesn't really matter. Anyway, good episode, not my top favorite but I still liked it. A bit more relaxing compared to all the action we got from the Unova episodes. Feels a bit sad that there are only two episodes left now, I think I'm going to miss getting a new one every week once this is over.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
EH this episode was mediocre TBH its basically XY animated.
The worst part is that every character is still a ******* who can't tell that Lysandre is obviously evil despite al the not-so subtle hints he flat outs spells in big letters

1) It's not basically that. In fact, this episode actually showed that Lysandre is pretty convincing as a business guy while keeping his evil plans under the rug. The anime, meanwhile, immediately shows everyone he's evil and there's no real basis why he's so good as you can tell no one in there uses a Holo Caster (but no one can tell because screw doubting anyone hunting down Legendaries during the day, I'm doing this for a Chespin!).

2) He's really not that obviously evil besides the black and red motif. People in there don't judge harshly to evil appearances unless they're really over the top.

I just realized that Lysandre wanted to destroy the Kalos region to 'keep it from becoming less beautiful' (or make himself/others immortal, whichever) while-

I think people coming into this thread don't want to know that much about another character who won't get represented in these specials, and much less so when they're not getting any mention.

Last edited:

CelebiAS

I didn't play XY so I'm comparing this to the anime, the best arc it has ever produced.
I liked it but there were some off parts

Pokemon Power

I'm guessing Episode 17 will be about AZ. As for Episode 18, since it's gonna be the last one, I think they should end it with a connection to Sun and Moon in some way.

Sakuraba

I honestly completely forgot there were the Kalos episodes left. Episode 15 was so satisfying that it felt like an ending.

This one is actually the total opposite. It's so intriguing it feels like a big set-up.

Seeing Lysandre outside of the "EVIL!!!1!" light is something to note. It makes a lot more sense as to why no one questioned him, or didn't express those thoughts, like what I felt from Diantha during the café scene. I'm glad there was this layer added onto him. Makes me hope for a revised story in the eventuals remakes.