• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

ArtFenix

These shorts are pretty good (even if criminally short and rushed) but...360p?! Seriously?! Is this 2005 or something?!
And don't even try saying it needs time to process. This video is way too short to take so much time to process. I'm telling that as a YouTuber, who uploads files that are bigger and they get to 1080p almost immediately, unless the length is over 10 minutes and the resolution is not 4K. Neither is the case here. It will stay in 360p and it sucks.

I mean, what were they thinking?!

Are they uploading them on the Japanese channel? I'd love to re-watch them in HD. 360p is just pathetic, come on!

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Episode 1 was a good intro to the mini-series. It made sense for Pikachu to be featured in it. Episode 2 was a good action short, seeing Looker during the events of the original Kanto adventure was a good idea.

Azery

These shorts are pretty good (even if criminally short and rushed) but...360p?! Seriously?! Is this 2005 or something?!
And don't even try saying it needs time to process. This video is way too short to take so much time to process. I'm telling that as a YouTuber, who uploads files that are bigger and they get to 1080p almost immediately, unless the length is over 1 minutes and the resolution is not 4K. Neither is the case here. It will stay in 360p and it sucks.

Are they uploading them on the Japanese channel? I'd love to re-watch them in HD. 360p is just pathetic, come on!

I honestly didn't even notice it. Will probably be fixed in future episodes.

Aetius

Watched the first two episodes and so far I'm really liking what they're doing with this new series.
Not much too say about the first episode, as it was supposed to work more like a trailer than a full-fledged episode.
As for episode two, not gonna lie, it excited me more than I though it would.
Sometimes I think that this the way Pokèmon should have been portraited since the beginning, without going too overboard of course! :D
Besides, it was nice to see the International Police in action!
Looking forward to watching the next episodes! :D

AmethystLeslie

Good god, was that really 360p on PC? Geez...

On mobile it's better, least that's how it looked for me.

Also, the episodes are not on the JP channel, so I assume this is purely a western thing. Wonder how the JP fans are taking it.

noakai

And don't even try saying it needs time to process. This video is way too short to take so much time to process. I'm telling that as a YouTuber, who uploads files that are bigger and they get to 1080p almost immediately, unless the length is over 1 minutes and the resolution is not 4K. Neither is the case here. It will stay in 360p and it sucks.

The trailer stayed a 360p version too, I was waiting for a 720p to appear but nada. People are wondering if they're deliberately putting small ones up so that they can sell the HD ones later. They haven't gone up on the Japanese channel either - in fact there's not even a trailer on the JP channel, which I find very confusing because surely Japan has to be getting them? There are German, Italian, Russian versions etc.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The Giovanni ep was pretty boring, I was hoping he would do something.

Giovanni doesn't really do much in the games either. You fight him three times, and he disappears every time you beat him. It isn't as if he sets a plot in motion or gives any grand speeches to the masses. I actually find it really cool to let him be this elusive person, because that's exactly what he becomes after you beat him in Viridian. It's a good set-up for the GenII-shorts.

Seems like a promising series. The first episode was good with Pikachu and Red (or simply us, the player (that's what he was meant to represent) travelling throughout the generations, Pikachu fighting Volcarona was a good scene (kinda wished Pikachu used its anime squeak). Episode 2 was interesting, a bit late there Looker but a interesting story anyways.

Hopefully next episode is Blue vs E4 because that's what I really want to see

I thought the Pikachu vs. Random-scenes were.. well, a bit too random at times? Don't get me wrong, I loved both shorts.

Short 1:
- The transition from game to animé, capture of Pikachu and subsequent battle vs. Caterpie. Brilliant, I loved this approach. I lol'd when Zapdos suddenly flew over, I was like "WUT".
- The Ecruteak-scene. Short and simple. I guess they didn't want to show anything meaty (Burned Tower/Lake of Rage/Radio Tower), so they just showed Ecruteak - though I rather would've seen some town like Cianwood, but I guess it's not recognizable enough. I liked that we immediately got remembered that Electricity does jack against Wooper.. Again, I lol'd when Lugia just happened to cruise through the city like that. Totally took me offguard.
- I loved the scene in Hoenn. Somebody really thought about writing an intense actionscene that involved a game location. At this point, I was put off by Latios and Latias just floating there..
- I loved the Snowpoint Temple-scene. We get a bit of a power creep with Pikachu now facing a Probopass, which is made to look awesome here. Again somebody has thoroughly thought out it's battling style with the Mini-noses attacking independently. Regigigas was awesome swatting Probopass out of the air like that.
- The Relic Castle portion makes me want to pick up my Black Version again. That says enough I think. The powercreep continues! Though Pikachu standing on that tile that was just scorched seems a bit unrealistic. And what the heck did Landorus have to appear there? Because it's a Ground-type? >.>
- The Terminus Cave battle vs. Noivern was my least liked part. It just seemed to drag, though I think I appreciate the set-up of Red fighting while in a cart. But yeah, in the bottom two with Johto.

In summary, I really liked however thought to use the environments in these battles, especially the bridge in Hoenn and the tile in Unova and the action from Sinnoh. Somebody did their homework and made a dull looking pokémon awesome.

Short 2:
- It's awesome that we got Looker's perspective on Team Rocket. It's something that I deduced before it aired, but it was nice to be right.
- Having an investigator's perspective allowed this short to dish almost everything TR did in RBY in a briefing: "We took care of their front, the Celadon Game Corner, they tried to take on Silph, but were met with opposition. We've found him at Viridian Gym". They're only missing Mt.Moon, Nugget Bridge, the Dig-bandit and the Pokémon Tower. Outside of Mt.Moon those weren't big affairs anyway and this allowed the writers of this short to summarize the Rocket-plot and still give us a good bit of action and show us how pokémon can be used outside of being used by trainers. Of course they failed, but that doesn't matter, it was suspenseful as heck!
- A bit of trivia, but there's a theory that Looker is the International Policeman on the SS.Anne in Red/Blue/Yellow, which sinks and Looker washes up on the Battle Resort (in Or/As, which takes place after RBY). Having him here in the Red/Blue-storyline just gives extra credit to that theory. Or not, because the events that we see would play out after the SS.Anne would've left port. It could just be that Looker got off the SS.Anne at one port and then got back on at another and the ship sank on that trip.

I'm guessing Short 3 will follow Blue's perspective, battling through the E4 and it will end with Red walking in the Champion's Room with that quote from Blue that we got in the preview being the ending of the GenI-portion.

If that's the case, then I think that in terms of important missing bits are at least Mt.Moon, Pokémon Tower, the gymleaders outside of Giovanni and the Safari Zone.

That being said, I hope that the Johto shorts will follow the perspectives of Eugene (Burned Tower-story), Silver (Neo-TR) and Lance (Neo-TR, Dragon's Den/Blackthorn and Champion Battle vs. Gold).

Well the entire idea of this series is to show things that happened in the background of the games that we never saw (like Blue fighting Lance or Lance facing the Red Gyarados). It makes sense that he didn't do anything here because during this operation Red had just defeated him and he was running away.

Also I hope the episode with AZ takes place 3000 years in the past, that would be sick.

That would be awesome. XY-Short 1 would feature the introduction to the XY-storyline. XY-Short 2 would jump back in time with AZ and the war 3000 years ago. The third XY-short would then show AZ in Lysandre's prisoncell before showing the good guys pummeling him.

Also I'm now headcanoning that there are Lookers all over just like there are Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys and it's not just one guy, although I do like the thought of there being one Looker who's so good he's involved in everything.

Well, there's that theory that:
- Looker was on board the SS.Anne, which then sank at some point (Looker got back on after this raid?)
- Looker washes up on the Battle Resort in Or/As, he has no idea who he is.
- Looker appears as a confused, but dedicated Internation Policeman in Sinnoh.
- Looker appears in Unova and Kalos as a fullfledged Internation Policeman who knows what's up.

I honestly didn't even notice it. Will probably be fixed in future episodes.

Yeah, don't care about that kind of thing at all..

Nockturne

Episode 1 was a bit lackluster overall but I ADORED the transition from the Gen 1 intro/battle to the actual anime part. I just found that so charming and clever. And it was nice seeing Pokemon being used in a more practical sense in Episode 2, like the the Magnemite shorting the electronic lock.

And although the Arcanine melting a hole in the wall looked cool but did seem a little counter productive with the molten stone or metal dripping across the opening. I wouldn't have fancied trying to limbo my way through there. It is weird they went up in 360p but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
That second episode was like something out of a police procedural series or something. I loved it! Really looking forward to seeing how this unfolds, if it at all. And the animation was so refreshing...

The first episode wasn't spectacular, but it was a nice little trek throughout the first 6 Generations. And I welcome squeakachu. Just like with most of Pokken's roster, I prefer the more animal like cries and roars over calling out their own name.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Richard Epcar as the voice of Giovanni. Wow. I honestly couldn't believe it at all.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
We're off to a great start :D

Since all but one of those scenes of Red from the trailer were in the first episode, I'm gonna out on a limb and say this is all we're gonna see of him besides his cameo in the Blue/Green/Gary episode. Maybe now people will finally quiet down about him hogging the spotlight the whole time.

Also, I'm cool with Piakchu here. It was just so different from what we're used to it was downright refreshing :D

I wished the Looker/Giovanni episode had been more eventful, but I loved how tense it was. There was something about seeing actual authorities involved instead of kids and a gimmicky clone that was pretty neat.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Richard Epcar as the voice of Giovanni. Wow. I honestly couldn't believe it at all.
Somebody told me that Ben Diskin voices one of the cops in Episode 2, apparently.

Time for Xehanort jokes?

shadowF

hey guys, ive been hearing that when 100% Zygarde appeared in the short that it was Sun and Moon music so ive been thinking. Is it possible that the 100% Zygarde scene takes place in Alola and we do visit Alola in these shorts?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Somebody told me that Ben Diskin voices one of the cops in Episode 2, apparently.

Time for Xehanort jokes?

Interestingly enough, Epcar did tons of Digimon stuff as well.

noakai

hey guys, ive been hearing that when 100% Zygarde appeared in the short that it was Sun and Moon music so ive been thinking. Is it possible that the 100% Zygarde scene takes place in Alola and we do visit Alola in these shorts?

The last ones are supposed to air in December and SM releases in November so it's probably possible, even if the press releases said Kanto to Kalos.

Cradily17

Wow. Even outside of the main anime, Noivern is a jobber. Poor thing can't get a break.