• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Kalosian

So long
I'm surprised we got two episodes today. But I'm glad since both of them were good.

Episode 5 was somewhat expected since there was a short scene of Giovanni in the reveal trailer that we never saw in the second episode, so I figured we would see more of him in some way, logically in the Johto episodes. I'm also happy we got to see more of Looker. Maybe we will see him in one episode for every generation as he is chasing after various criminals in the world of Pokemon? I'm not really a huge fan of Silver as he is my second least favorite rival in the series, but somehow I felt like I could care more for him here compared to in the actual games. It is weird. Makes me wonder how I'll feel for the rivals I actually like from the games, if they are shown. The scene from the Goldenrod Radio Tower was pretty cool too. That was one of my favorite moments from G/S/C, so I'm glad to see it animated a little even if it was short. I noticed that they are still mainly showcasing Kanto Pokemon which (sadly) goes well with how they completely overshadow the Johto Pokemon in the Johto games. I also noticed that they hinted at the reason that Giovanni didn't return even after hearing the broadcast, but the actual reason was never said. Nicely done. Overall, another great episode.

Episode 6 was also expected since we saw the legendary beasts in the reveal trailer too. I loved the music in the beginning, the Burned Tower music is great. Eusine is a quite cool character too, one of the more memorable ones from Johto so I liked seeing him again. The way the legend was retold was well done, hearing about the events from the games is one thing, but seeing them is much so better. "Show, don't tell", is a great technique. I find it interesting how there was a little boy looking at the three legends with great enthusiasm, I wonder if this was Eusine as a kid? Doesn't seem likely since the burning of the tower took place 150 years before the games (and presumably, before the present events of this episode). But maybe Generations have a different perspective since they doesn't completely follow the events of the games in full. But it doesn't matter much in the end. I liked the episode either way, seeing legendary Pokemon animated is always great.

Looking forward to more episodes! I guess Hoenn will be next up, can't wait to see what events they will show us from those games.

aerial_ace

I loved the eusine episode with the music traditional outfits ppl wear, very Japanese feel and the backstory of the beasts.
Silver episode was OK. Nice backstory but slightly boring.

Now onto my favourite region. I want to see Wally journey tk become great trainer, zinia backstory with aster and Steven story os stepping down as a champion

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
With Johto done, give us Wally! I want to see him reflecting on his journey in Victory Road and Brendan shows up.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
With Johto done, give us Wally! I want to see him reflecting on his journey in Victory Road and Brendan shows up.
Yes please. I'd love to see this.

CelebiAS

As I didn't play FRLG nor HGSS I did not know Silver was Giovanni's son. That was quite a surprise and liked that.
I also liked that they acknowledged Pokemon dying, ep 6 overall was great.

After Episode 6 I am really dissapointed that Eusine was not Champion in Gen 2 games.
He looks liked a boss in the episode.

Ikr I wish as well. Lance is awesome, but at least making Eucine an elite four member would be cool.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Damn, so I guess all those other HG/SS Team Rocket members will never be animated......

At least we got Silver, hopefully Wally and Zinnia get a Hoenn episode.

Pokemon Power

3 episodes in Kanto
3 episodes in Johto
3 episodes in Hoenn
3 episodes in Sinnoh
3 episodes in Unova
3 episodes in Kalos

This thing consists of 18 shorts right? This would perfectly match it. But it's just guess work on my part.

That's what I'm thinking too.

fawfulmark2

I'm surprised we got two episodes today. But I'm glad since both of them were good.

Episode 5 was somewhat expected since there was a short scene of Giovanni in the reveal trailer that we never saw in the second episode, so I figured we would see more of him in some way, logically in the Johto episodes. I'm also happy we got to see more of Looker. Maybe we will see him in one episode for every generation as he is chasing after various criminals in the world of Pokemon? I'm not really a huge fan of Silver as he is my second least favorite rival in the series, but somehow I felt like I could care more for him here compared to in the actual games. It is weird. Makes me wonder how I'll feel for the rivals I actually like from the games, if they are shown. The scene from the Goldenrod Radio Tower was pretty cool too. That was one of my favorite moments from G/S/C, so I'm glad to see it animated a little even if it was short. I noticed that they are still mainly showcasing Kanto Pokemon which (sadly) goes well with how they completely overshadow the Johto Pokemon in the Johto games. I also noticed that they hinted at the reason that Giovanni didn't return even after hearing the broadcast, but the actual reason was never said. Nicely done. Overall, another great episode.

Episode 6 was also expected since we saw the legendary beasts in the reveal trailer too. I loved the music in the beginning, the Burned Tower music is great. Eusine is a quite cool character too, one of the more memorable ones from Johto so I liked seeing him again. The way the legend was retold was well done, hearing about the events from the games is one thing, but seeing them is much so better. "Show, don't tell", is a great technique. I find it interesting how there was a little boy looking at the three legends with great enthusiasm, I wonder if this was Eusine as a kid? Doesn't seem likely since the burning of the tower took place 150 years before the games (and presumably, before the present events of this episode). But maybe Generations have a different perspective since they doesn't completely follow the events of the games in full. But it doesn't matter much in the end. I liked the episode either way, seeing legendary Pokemon animated is always great.

Looking forward to more episodes! I guess Hoenn will be next up, can't wait to see what events they will show us from those games.

actually going by the dialogue it was more alluded that the kid might have been Eusine's grandfather.

Vivian

What i liked the most is that they finally showed us what suicune, raikou and entei looked like before they were revived, even if just as shadows. I hope they release that pokemon. Also, when theyre being revived, they look like theyre evolving, so i hope we have them as legendary beasts pre-evos, but the only way of evolving them is in an event.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
What i liked the most is that they finally showed us what suicune, raikou and entei looked like before they were revived, even if just as shadows. I hope they release that pokemon. Also, when theyre being revived, they look like theyre evolving, so i hope we have them as legendary beasts pre-evos, but the only way of evolving them is in an event.

I don't think they'd be pre evolutions, so much as just a new Pokemon in general. People are speculating it could've been the eeveelutions or Houndour from the footage, but the phrase, "unnamed Pokemon" could be anything. I don't think they'll ever reveal it in the end so much as to say it doesn't matter what Pokemon they were as compared to what they are now, which is the Beast Trio.

Nockturne

I think the fact they looked like dogs is because they are supposed to be unknown so they couldn't make them look too much like any existing pokemon. So thats just what they looked like in Eusine's imagination. I agree that we'll never find out, if they wanted to address it they have done it in Crystal or HGSS.

Ash DeMilo

About Giovanni... he says that he plans on reviving Team Rocket in the future... Will Team Rocket ever return in a Pokémon game? I find it hard to happen but it would make things coherent and exciting, a sense of continuity, get what I'm saying?

The Johto 'season' is over already. What U guys think that we'll get in Hoenn 'season'?

Chances include: Wally, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Zinnia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Steven, Wallace.

Hauke_von_Arding

About Giovanni... he says that he plans on reviving Team Rocket in the future... Will Team Rocket ever return in a Pokémon game? I find it hard to happen but it would make things coherent and exciting, a sense of continuity, get what I'm saying?

The Johto 'season' is over already. What U guys think that we'll get in Hoenn 'season'?

Chances include: Wally, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Zinnia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Steven, Wallace.

The Dialogue between Silver and Giovanna was the same as the Celebi event dialogue. He wanted to came back after the Radio tower massage but because you defeated him, he abandoned Team Rocket again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQGjPO_47w

lywsuate

Don't forget the main protagonist, Brendan

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Is there any chance we will be seeing any of the female in action at all?

AmethystLeslie

Is there any chance we will be seeing any of the female in action at all?

I hope so. i'm fine with them in shadow, as long as I get to see them and do things.

My Hoenn speculation (updated from a previous thread I made):

How Steven and Wallace met each other (a bit too Shipping-like of me, but actually thinking about it it's a neat concept)

Something about Wally. Give me anything. I'll take it.

Stuff concerning the evil team. Idk what they would do, but they gotta do something. Perhaps outside the cave of origin? Maybe what they thought?