• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Archie is so freaking stupid. His stupidity made his death rightfully deserved, poor Shelly though. Loved this episode.
Hope the next one has Zinnia.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Archie is so freaking stupid. His stupidity made his death rightfully deserved, poor Shelly though. Loved this episode.
Hope the next one has Zinnia.

They don't die tho. If we follow ORAS canon then they simply got shipwreck'd. But they're fine (mostly)

Azery

I also hope that May appears along with zinnia. Generation please put the female protagonist, girls play pokemon too

Think it's more because most of the female protagonists got featured in the main anime. I don't see that excuse working for Gen 5 at all though.

Vipsoccermaster

Episode 8: Great episode! Team Aqua this time, going after Kyogre. Archie got what he deserved. It was too late when he realized the error of his ways.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I also hope that May appears along with zinnia. Generation please put the female protagonist, girls play pokemon too

I honestly don't want them to because the female protagonists not named Leaf, Hilda, or Rosa were already featured in the main anime. I can see them adding Hilda and Rosa, but that's it. The males need some screen time.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
That was my favourite episode if I ignore flying Primal Kyogre. The animation on the facial reactions were surprisingly emotive and the scene where the submarine is crashing up and down in the water would look good in 3D. And of course the "they all died the end" ending.

Shelly can get it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Flying Water-types can be excused because that happens in the games. Seriously, when has the anime ever used a Wailord in a battle?

The only exception would be Magikarp, who is the butt of many jokes until it evolves.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Great episode. Kyorge was awesomely horrifying and powerful.

Really hoping Zinnia doesn't show up next week, but I'm willing to bet she will because they're probably going to focus on Rayquaza.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
As a good friend said on another forum, somehow they managed to make Archie look even more stupid then he did in the original Sapphire game, shame considering AS actually improved that part of his characterization.

Anyway, great episode for showcasing the power of the Primals since it does highlight the hopelessness of the situation and the destruction that is caused. I do wish they delved into Archie's backstory with Jirachi though since that's an important part of his and Shelly's character, but c'est la vie.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They don't die tho. If we follow ORAS canon then they simply got shipwreck'd. But they're fine (mostly)

Pretty sure Kyogre was about to eat them.

Caststorm

If anyone's wondering why Brendan/May wasn't there, this episode was supposed to show what would have happened if they had never interfered with Archie's plans. The fact that this is now a canon universe is dark indeed.

ItsMeBrandon

Episode 8 was pretty awesome. Having played AlphaSapphire over OmegaRuby, I really enjoyed Team Aqua here. Archie was crazy but highly entertaining, Shelly had something off about her but nevertheless she showed why she's better than Courtney in my opinion, and the whole situation with Primal Kyogre wrecking everything was pretty insane.

The fact that this isn't quite how things happened in the games does raise some questions, though. We could say that Generations is following its own semi-canon, despite being made to recall how things happened in the games.
My own best guess is that both this episode and Episode 7 happened close to each other, and seeing as Brendan/Orlando went after Team Magma instead of Team Aqua, maybe they saw it that he was able to stop Magma but because he went after them, he didn't have time to stop Aqua.
Which would be very interesting because Emerald was the only Hoenn game where both teams were at large like that. I know it's kind of a given at this point anyway, but that would probably further hint that next week's episode is going to focus on Rayquaza (and probably to some extent Zinnia).

As for May/Anna...? Well, as much as I'd be totally fine with seeing both player characters in these episodes, there's usually only one and not the other in the games. In the case of OR/AS, if Orlando is seen as the player, then Anna is the rival, so she's not getting involved in this business as she never did in the games.
And I have to be honest, after seeing Ash replace the male player character in each anime season- even given the few cameos that the male trainers had- while there was a lot of room for most female trainers to take the spotlight... if we have to choose between the male and female trainers, I think Generations is a good place to let the male trainers shine. I definitely enjoy seeing them get the animation treatment for once.

4de_92

Think it's more because most of the female protagonists got featured in the main anime. I don't see that excuse working for Gen 5 at all though.

Well we have may and dawn's anime countepart ( I remember that kris and lyra counterpart XD) . I hope only one female protagonist I don't care if is hilad o mei. (Leaf isn't canon in the games, it's a shame but is true ). But It was nice to see brendan
Now talking about the episode, I think is the best of generation. Stupid archie XD I love him but he got what he deserved. Poor Shelly , she didn't deserve that destiny.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Archie's voice sounded pretty cool even tho it was generically deep and rough. I liked seeing Shelly and I felt bad for the wild pokemon that were affected by Primal Kyogre's storm. The last scene when Kyogre charged toward Archie was scary. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
As a good friend said on another forum, somehow they managed to make Archie look even more stupid then he did in the original Sapphire game, shame considering AS actually improved that part of his characterization.

But he was stupid-looking even in AS. He was meant to look muscly and impulsive, which worked here. I didn't see any problems with his character.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But he was stupid-looking even in AS. He was meant to look muscly and impulsive, which worked here. I didn't see any problems with his character.

I always considered Archie's design and personality to be the opposite of Maxie's cuz Archie's brawny while Maxie seems brainy. I thought that Archie had more impact in his short than Maxie did in his tho. Maxie was kind of boring to me by comparison. ^^